Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

alec76 wrote: »
    I think u have to disassemble it altogether ( pull out 510 connector, solder wire and finally u have to use thermal resistant glue ) , only way to fix it.....
    http://www.ecigtalk.ru/forum/f73/t7900.html

Good man Alec,
    I was hoping because the bottom part is fine as the wire is still soldered there that it would be just a matter of soldering the wire onto the existing bit on the screw.
    Last night when the wire was loose inside the base, the screw was sometimes just hitting off it firing up no problem.
    Sounds like too much hassle, might be just best to send it off for repair.
    http://bulli-smoker.de/navi.php?a=95&lang=eng&

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

just a matter of soldering the wire onto the existing bit on the screw
    Sure u can do this , u might be able to solder this with out pulling out 510 connector....
    I would try :)
    It won't be easy to glue that bit to the base though ( it was not glued properly in a first place probably .... Cetin using the thermal glue himself - that what I've heard )
    Although ,sometimes this sort of a damage happening when we trying to tight the screw too hard....

Sure u can do this , u might be able to solder this with out pulling out 510 connector....
    I would try :)
    It won't be easy to glue that bit to the base though ( it was not glued properly in a first place probably .... Cetin using the thermal glue himself - that what I've heard )
    Although ,sometimes this sort of a damage happening when we trying to tight the screw too hard....

I will give it a bash anyway.
    Will solder the wire back then test it with some Kanthal and see if it fires up then i will worry about fixing the screw back in tight inside the base.
    Yes, tighten the screw too much and it will get damaged for sure and it is not neccesary to tighten it too hard.
    Will see if he replies to my message before doing anything, won't be holding my breath though.

ze german hoor sent me back a reply with the repair link i posted previously :D

ze german hoor sent me back a reply with the repair link i posted previously
    That was very kindly alright , although I've though she is turk :)

derra wrote: »

ze german hoor sent me back a reply with the repair link i posted previously :D
    That was very kindly alright , although I've though she is turk :)

Hoor as in the funny sense :) Or maybe i misunderstood your comment Alec, Is Cetin a turkish woman :D

eg: He's a cute hoor! - Isn't he awfully crafty? But he gets away with it cos he's a cute hoor.

A Person who shuns blame. He will pass failure off to someone else and reap the rewards.

Loveable rogue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Ye've probably seen this lads, but here's the List for the Line, never had any confirmation i was on the actual list till i saw this today...

Latest update i've seen on UKV, posted, the 16th Jan
    Caps are all done and more than half of SS bodies. Silver wire is soldered on 510 connectors.
    Insulation for electrodes arrived today.

It's getting closer :)

I've got an email from Del -- asking everyone reply with shipping address and forum nick. It is getting closer :)

I've got an email from Del -- asking everyone reply with shipping address and forum nick. It is getting closer :)

Nice one Alec,

I use my brother's PayPal and message was sent to his email.

Yes it is getting close, can't wait :cool:

Have the Bulli back in action, don't know how long it will last as i just soldered the wire on to the L bit on the screw.
    But it will do till i get the Line then get a more permanent fix and probably another Bulli when they are back on sale.
    Used 510 LR's & DCC's since it was out of use and did'nt enjoy any of them at all, spitting juice, the hassle of filling them and muted flavour.
    Lesson learnt to look after my rebuildables with a bit more TLC from now on in :)

Just ordered a new Bulli, well in parts.
    The replacement base and downgrade classic.
    Asked him to drill a hole @ 0.8mm in correct position but i don't think he does that when buying this way.
    Couple mates are tool makers so will get one of them to drill it if neccesasry.
    2 Bulli A2's and a Line will hopefully keep me away from the inconsistency of disposables.

• Advertisement

In a three weeks time got it. Not a gas torch though...Notice from Revenue :D
    Your item of post is being held at this office pending receipt of purchase details
    it is only 13 euro i've paid ( no custom duties under 22 EURO inc delivery :D) sent them a copy of invoice from dealextreme by email , hopefully i'll get my torch next week ...

In a three weeks time got it. Not a gas torch though...Notice from Revenue :D

it is only 13 euro i've paid ( no custom duties under 22 EURO inc delivery :D) sent them a copy of invoice from dealextreme by email , hopefully i'll get my torch next week ...

:D

They just can't believe it's so cheap, they will probably thank you for a link to that site.

Bulli A2 is supposed to be back on sale this Tuesday 31/1/12 if anyone is looking to get one.

Choose Stainless Steel
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=67&lang=eng

Cone for eGo battery, stainless steel again ( not neccesary but recommended for extra protection and makes the atty look better on eGo battery only)
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=58&lang=eng

Get at least 5 metres wick, recommend 10
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=45&lang=eng

Wire, read this thread for different configurations.
    0.12 is ideal for 5v vaping
    0.15 is ideal for Standard resistance
    0.20 is ideal for Low resistance vaping

You get a metre of 0.15 with the Bulli A2 but it won't last long as ya learn to repair properly.
    So maybe get a metre of 0.20 as well so ya can feel the difference.
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=56&lang=eng

Get some from here in future maybe as it's way cheaper.
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/buymywire/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Ya will have read in the thread that it uses a cart & filler for the juice but ya can also drip into the Bulli using a 701-510 adapter and use a 510 drip tip.

Get the adapter here...
    Choose the stainless steel and maybe get the Delrin one as well for backup.
    http://www.vapor-age.com/701-mouth-piece-to-510901-drip-tip-adapter-_p_51.html

As far as repairables go, i reckon this would be one of the easy ones to repair.
    Again, if you read the thread and watch some vids you will be well prepared to use it.
    It is expensive in total but it holds it's value should you sell it as demand exceeds supply.

Looks like the "Lines" will be shipping next week :D

Posted yesterday on UKV
    150 pieces will be finished by friday. And the rest next week.

Gryzor wrote: »
    Looks like the "Lines" will be shipping next week :D

Posted yesterday on UKV

We can expect another 3 weeks at the most anyway before we get to use it.
    May go over a couple vids and read back on some posts about setting it up.

Oxidising the mesh properly seems to be the key to this performing well as we are by now used to wrapping wire etc.

It comes ready to use probably at around 2.2 Ohms, i wonder if he oxidised all the mesh or just the top half.
    Oxidising the whole mesh discolours the liquid a bit.

Here is a post a fella wrote up using V1...

You need kanthal 0.20mm , SS mesh #400 (do not use super fine) , butane torch (You can do it with the lighter but you will get poor results),small scissors and glass of cold water.

Cut the mesh , 3.7cm long and 2.5-2.7cm wide, roll it under your fingers untill you get a firm tube. Cut the bottom part of the mesh at an angle.

This part goes in the tank. Upper half of the mesh burn with butane torch , when it glows put it in the cold water. Repeat this procedure three-four times. Last time you burn the mesh do not dip it in the water, instead use 2 drop of liquid and burn it with your lighter.
    Mesh is now ready.

Put a small needle in the mesh , and wrap kanthal wire around it. You will have to wrap kanthal around burned part of the mesh. Use how many wraps you want. 3-4 on 3.7V devices and for more voltage use more wraps. Silver wire should not be in contact with the mesh. Do not wrap it to tight. Tight but not to tight.

Now stick the mesh in the hole between the silver wire contacts on the Line , and wrap it three times around small electrode and three times around bigger electrode. But very tight. Fill your Line through the hole on the thread. Put two drops of liquid on the mesh and burn it.

If the kanthal is glowing put one more drop of liquid on it or move the mesh a little.
    If you cant make it to stop glowing you did something wrong. Sorry back to step one.

It's all ahead of us :D

The Bullis sold out yesterday, site crashing with all the traffic!

Apparently it can be a bit iffy on the provari aswell...seems the provari is a very fussy f***er, and will detect shorts where nothing else will :(

Sticking the Line on a dumber mod for a while sorts it...

Apparently it can be a bit iffy on the provari aswell...seems the provari is a very fussy f***er, and will detect shorts where nothing else will :(

Sticking the Line on a dumber mod for a while sorts it...

Yep, seems to be problems with the Provari alright.
    Was the same with eGo T batteries as well previously, not sure if that's changed.
    All i have is eGo T batteries and a Box mod which i'm hoping it will work on unless i get something else in the meantime which does not seem likely as i can't for the life of me decide on a battery mod or if i actually need one.

For the majority of users it seems to perform extremely well, especially those who have experience of repairables.

yeah, I'm thinking of picking up a Don tomorrow....i like it can use different batteries, and also the mini mode

yeah, I'm thinking of picking up a Don tomorrow....i like it can use different batteries, and also the mini mode

The Don seems to be very popular alright but i won't be buying a mod without regulated voltage just to suit the Line.
    Sell it handy enough but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

The Don seems to be very popular alright but i won't be buying a mod without regulated voltage just to suit the Line.
    Sell it handy enough but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

Yeah, you're probably right, wasn't buying it just for the Line though....

Reading up a bit more on this, apparently using High Drain AW IMR18650 batteries, the drop off is much less than using cheapo batteries...i have a few of these already, so i think i'll grab the old Don...

If u looking for great quality batteries
    Sanyo 2600 -- one of the best ( for price/quality) , highly recommended by many users-- unprotected - for provari, lavatube etc.
    http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1184

ps. i don't think it is safe to use unprotected butteries( AW IMR18650) with Don or any other mechanical mod
    AW P18650 2600mah (AW P18650 -26) it is sanyo 2600 , but protected
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?230876-AW-s-LiIon-Batteries-Sales-Thread-*Part-12*
    you can also get there
    AW P18650 3100 mah-(AW P18650 -31) , it is same panasonic 3100 mah 18650 battery , only with protection board
    here is the original panasonic ( non protected)
    http://hkequipment.net/index.php?sp=&p=6&cat2=163&cat1=1&cat0=2&id=1002&cat1=1&cat0=2&new=&more=&lang=en

review:
    http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ecigtalk.ru%2Fforum%2Ff33%2Ft10111.html&act=url

• Advertisement

got my gas torch today :)

got my gas torch today :)

Good stuff, with a bit of luck you will be using it soon Alec.

95wn49.jpg

with a bit of luck you will be using it soon Alec.
    my RTA atty posted today ,i might give it a try with the mesh set up :)
    Although i kinda confused -- i 've ordered 1 piece of 400 mesh -- they sent me 3 pieces instead , different thickness every one of them -- i dunno which is which :)

my RTA atty posted today ,i might give it a try with the mesh set up :)
    Although i kinda confused -- i 've ordered 1 piece of 400 mesh -- they sent me 3 pieces instead , different thickness every one of them -- i dunno which is which :)

From here Alec ?
    http://www.themeshcompany.com/acatalog/____span_style__color___000000__________strong____Ultra_Fine_400_Mesh_____strong_________span____.html

I traded some wick a while ago to a fella in England.
    I am not sure if it is the correct one for the Line, maybe he sent me the Super Fine which is not suitable and is free from that site when ordering :rolleyes:
    Maybe it is the correct one he sent :confused:
    Will probably just have order myself to be sure.

If the 3 are different and you bought from that site above, i would ask on UkVapers as i reckon other people received the same before.

Try the RTA with normal setup and see what it is like, supposed to be fantastic to use.
    The RDA is supposed to be good dripping atty as well.

That it , probably there are only 2 kinds of mesh i've got-- 2 pieces slightly thicker then the last one....

That it , probably there are only 2 kinds of mesh i've got-- 2 pieces slightly thicker then the last one....

Yes...
    You ordered Ultra Fine #400 Mesh and they send you free sheets of Super Fine...

''Please note that we will include free 'super fine' sheets with every order of #400 mesh stainless steel in A3 and A4 form.''

If i order i will ask them to label each sheet.

Hard work this vaping:D

looks sweet on the Don...

ws0nc9.jpg

looks sweet on the Don...

ws0nc9.jpg

Looks the business gryzor,
    Did you order the Don ?

May find out if my Box mod works with the Line.

V1 firing up which you may have seen.

Did you order the Don ?

Yeah, caved about 3 o'clock today, been on the list for a while, was only a matter of time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is all this hassle really worth it, what with all the cheap, high quality disposable cartomisers available these days?

Or all you all just gear freaks? :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement