Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, if the vape's good best to just leave it

a lesson it took me a long time to learn with building coils, i'd imagine it applies to sanding stainless steel atomisers too

ive been putting the coils on my bulli on the wrong side of the posts all day long

no ****ing wonder nothing was tasting right

jesus christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I presume you put it on the opposite side of the posts now?

I'm kinda the same. I cchanged my coil and wick over the weekend and I just can't repeat the excellent one I had last week no matter what I do. They're fine but.....not as good.

yeah it's all working fine now, although I had something like your experience with it after coming back from the pub.. turns out i'd moved the coil up a bit somehow.. must have been when i was taking it apart to shhow people how it worked. just pushed the coil lower down and it's all working great again.

im back using the bulli full time after my flirtatious week with the rda. rda can never quite match the bulli for flavour, dont know if it's the device or me but not all that interested in experimenting with it when I have a working bulli.

Yeah, I'm the same. The RDA is great but doesn't match the Bulli for depth of flavour....or something.

I've got mine back in track as well. I was using 0.15 kanthal but I've just made one using 0.2 and its much better again. The drip tip adaptor is great, just screw off, put about 4-5 drops onto the loops and vape. It's almost the same as having an analogue. With the RDA I find myself vaping more cos its almost always full or at least wet.

The eBaron drippers might be worth a shot at some stage too though. Looks like they can hold a good few drops and won't leak.

• Advertisement

Anybody ever try anything besides 1mm wick in the Bulli? I'm running semi low in wick and was thinking of trying 2mm or even 3mm.

Probably buy from Andrei but what's TBS stuff like I wonder? Might be placing an order this week there anyway and might as well get the wick at the same time if its decent stuff.

I bought 5m of 2mm wick from TBS. works very well actually. I just doubled a length back on itself. The wick seems to be good and strong and wicks well. I suppose it doesn't really need to wick in the classic but it works well. Seems to hold a decent few drops of juice too, more than the 1mm.

always been tempted to try some 2mm wick in the bulli just to see what it's like, some day....

having a whore of a time making coils atm. felt like death all week so wasn't able to make a good one at all, managed to get one that's vapeable now so I'm just going to leave it as is for a few days

i keep forgetting where to put the coil initially, before i even wrap the wires around the posts.. push itup to the posts, have it pressed on the base, resting on the washer under the posts....i know there's one that's right because it's the one I do when I make the perfect coils.. but eveyr now and again I just forget which one to do and then nothing works

Well actually, I may have spoke too soon on the 2mm.....it's not as good as 1mm. I used 2 strands but the coil is just too wide and the whole thing is just too bulky. Gone back to 4 strands of 1mm and 4 turns. Much better now. Been struggling all day with the 1mm cos I didn't have a chance to rebuild it.

Pulled out a T3 that I had for experimentation and I just don't get it.....for me it's exactly the same as every other clearo that I've ever tried.....bad.....muted, plastic taste. Maybe it's my juices or something cos I think Boge cartos kick their ass every time, and I don't like cartos either so that's saying something!!

After a couple of days with the RDA and boge cartos I missed the Bulli.....

Made another attempt with the 2mm wick and 0.2 kanthal. Didn't use a needle and just wound 4 turns tightly around the wick (folded back once on itself).

Working excellent I must say. Loads of flavour and just the right amount of lukewarm vapour. Holds more drops too. I put in 8 and its not flooded at all.

Don't know what it is but I seem to be addicted to the Bulli.....just can't stay away from it....

• Advertisement

that's because it's just better than all the others :)

im using the spiral a lot the last couple of days, im trying to stress test it and see if I can happily vape on it for an extended period

it does the job on an ego battery. going to pick up a couple of the mini ego 350mah batteries next week so I'll have an ultra pocketable vaping solution. the spiral on one of those 350mah's would be tiiiiny

Yeah, it would be pretty damn small alright. Spiral going well for you then?

not really
    it works well enough for juices which are incredibly flavourful or don't have much flavour at all.. so the highbrow cappucino diablo or t-juice uksmokes are both good in it but anything subtle like strawberry lemonade is just ****e compared to the bulli

still glad I have it though, it actually has a role unlike the RDA.. which I just wouldn't use unless I broke the bulli somehow. with the spiral I can just throw it on an ego if I have to and have a passable small form factor vape.

Jaysus, I just had a look at the Bulli site there and I see he now has a clearo!!!!!!!

A fecking clearo!!!!! Piles of junk...is that just a rebrand or what? Not buying one anyway.

Bulli doing a clearo...... 'shakes head in disappointment'.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

not really
    it works well enough for juices which are incredibly flavourful or don't have much flavour at all.. so the highbrow cappucino diablo or t-juice uksmokes are both good in it but anything subtle like strawberry lemonade is just ****e compared to the bulli

still glad I have it though, it actually has a role unlike the RDA.. which I just wouldn't use unless I broke the bulli somehow. with the spiral I can just throw it on an ego if I have to and have a passable small form factor vape.

I'd hardly call strawberry lemonade subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Jaysus, I just had a look at the Bulli site there and I see he now has a clearo!!!!!!!

A fecking clearo!!!!! Piles of junk...is that just a rebrand or what? Not buying one anyway.

Bulli doing a clearo...... 'shakes head in disappointment'.

Looks like one of those Kangers, bought version 2 and 3 a few weeks back, awful yokes so they are.

Terrible rubbish - I don't know how people use them at all.

they're not that bad lads :)
    they're just not very good compared to a great dripper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

For me they are like Russian roulette, you dont know what type of hit you are going to get, fine for 2 or 3 drags then dry hits!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Not to hijack the bulli thread too much but I gotta stick up for the clearos here, I use kanger 2's and just got a couple of the evods,I've never had problems with them so long as u give em a swish to help wicking.
    Of course they're no where near the same as a quality dripper or genny but for me using them at work they're spot on

• Advertisement

T2 is my go to as well, everything else is just mucking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

aerosol wrote: »
    Not to hijack the bulli thread too much but I gotta stick up for the clearos here, I use kanger 2's and just got a couple of the evods,I've never had problems with them so long as u give em a swish to help wicking.
    Of course they're no where near the same as a quality dripper or genny but for me using them at work they're spot on

As long as it serves it's purpose which is the main thing, would prefer the eGo Vision V2's over the Kangers.

jamie72 wrote: »
    T2 is my go to as well, everything else is just mucking about.

That's just plain old common sense, just stick to whatever works.

Dropped my Bulli on the ground and it bent/flattened the outer threads so that they are nearly touching the positive post....disaster.....

Lucky I have some Boge cartos and a tank to get me by or I'd have been stuck with kanger junk. That would have been even more of a disaster.....

Wonder would Bulli repair it? Think the brass on the base just needs to be replaced. Might try pry it back to shape with something first.

Dropped my Bulli on the ground and it bent/flattened the outer threads so that they are nearly touching the positive post....disaster.....

Lucky I have some Boge cartos and a tank to get me by or I'd have been stuck with kanger junk. That would have been even more of a disaster.....

Wonder would Bulli repair it? Think the brass on the base just needs to be replaced. Might try pry it back to shape with something first.

A T2 wouldn't have broken so easily :cool:

Bulli doing SS carts for the Classic now. I just use mine for dripping cos the plastic carts suck. Might buy one but 30 euro incl shipping is expensive.......

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=180&lang=eng

i think you should buy one, so you can try it and tell me if it's any good :)

i think you should buy one, so you can try it and tell me if it's any good :)

He he....I would if I thought it was better than the plastic carts.

yeah should be and the mouthpiece looks better

only problem is the flavour just wouldn't be as good as dripping. it's down to the filler material I think, or maybe just when dripping onto the wick the wick has to work harder to keep all that juice stored... when it's seeping fromm a soaked filler material the wick only takes just as much juice as it needs to be wet so the flavour isn't as concentrated?

*shrugs*

maybe if i win the lotto i'll burn 30 quid on it to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Reduction of chamber-size, no?

I command you to buy one and find out.

• Advertisement

if i had 30 euro to spare i'd just buy another bulli to use as a dripper, screw that cart nonsense.

could carry two bullis around in my pocket

Advertisement