Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Tox56 wrote: »
    Out of interest, is it due to size/developement or just flat out skill? Or both?

Both. They're huge men, but they also have an enormous pool of players at that age which helps. But their basic skills are just so much better then the likes of Ireland. The underage coaching there just seems so much better then here. Far too many big youngsters in Ireland rely far too much on their size at early age grade levels and just don't have develop all the skills they need when they're suddenly not bigger then everyone.

Anyway, NZ win 65-0 with a try at the death so beat the handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Both. They're huge men, but they also have an enormous pool of players at that age which helps. But their basic skills are just so much better then the likes of Ireland. The underage coaching there just seems so much better then here. Far too many big youngsters in Ireland rely far too much on their size at early age grade levels and just don't have develop all the skills they need when they're suddenly not bigger then everyone.

Anyway, NZ win 65-0 with a try at the death so beat the handicap.

They missed the conversion so Samoa beat the handicap!!

FT Score 63-0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

63-0

beat handicap by 1
    that was just cruel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

pithater1 wrote: »
    They missed the conversion so Samoa beat the handicap!!

FT Score 63-0

whoops, I assumed it would go over. Handicap was only 62 though (good work PP!).

Podge_irl wrote: »
    whoops, I assumed it would go over. Handicap was only 62 though (good work PP!).

Got it at 64 :D

• Advertisement

lucky fecker Pit..

wprathead wrote: »
    lucky fecker Pit..

Tell me about it..

Far too close for my liking, seems PP's rugby traders are on the ball today.

Now just need South Africa -21 and France -16 and I shall be a happy man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

ireland + 2 now :D

Going for Tonga + 5 tomorrow in pnc , Samoa are missing alot of players and their rfu still has its head up its ass .

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3893_7777479,00.html

http://samoarugbyunion.ws/

Jasyus didn't know they got rid of Alesana Tuilagi too :eek:

pithater1 wrote: »
    Tell me about it..

Far too close for my liking, seems PP's rugby traders are on the ball today.

Now just need South Africa -21 and France -16 and I shall be a happy man

3/6 on the handicaps, just about broke even. Disgusted when the team I bet to beat the handicap goes on to lose the match.

Anyway onwards and upwards, what do ye reckon for tomorrow's matches?

Samoa v Tonga - PP have Samoa 5 point favourites, reckon they'll win but they won't cover the spread

Australia v Scotland - PP have Australia 14 point favourites, its forecast for heavy rain (and we all know what happened the last time Australia played in that weather). Reckon an Australia win but they won't cover the spread.

Japan v Fiji - PP have Japan as 2 point favourites - have to agree with them here. Fiji's union is in a mess as usual, reckon a win for Japan by over 3.

• Advertisement

Pure interest, no research or anything done:

Selection Selection Details Result
    Rugby Union
    International Matches
    Australia v Scotland
    5th of Jun 2012 10:30 am
    Alternative Winning Margin
    Australia by 11-20 @ 5/2
    Pending

Rugby Union
    Pacific Nations Cup
    Japan v Fiji
    5th of Jun 2012 11:10 am
    Win Margin
    Japan to win by 1 - 12 points @ 17/10
    Pending

Rugby Union
    Pacific Nations Cup
    Samoa v Tonga
    5th of Jun 2012 09:10 am
    Win Margin
    Samoa to win by 1 - 12 points @ 13/8
    Pending

Stake and Return Details
    Bet placed at 5th of Jun 2012 00:51 am Total Stake €1.00
    Bet type Treble (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0
    Number of lines 1 Total stake due €1.00
    Stake per line €1.00 Freebets Redeemed €0.00
    Channel Internet Total amount paid €1.00
    Number of win lines -
    Potential Returns €24.81

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Paddy Power have their handicaps up for the weekend games

Ireland +17
    Wales +7
    England +8

Wales +7 looks good to me. The Aussies beat them 24-18 in December and 21-18 in the RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

SA without Matfield, Botha, Brussow, Burger, du Preez and Jaque Fourie. I think England will stay within a score at least.

all the + handicaps including bloody fcking Toulon look good for an accum , Ireland normally play their best on the first test , hinges on Ross being fit .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The +17 handicap for Ireland looks good but I reckon England may have something special in mind for the 'mighty' Boks so I'm going for England to win @ 5/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The SA - England match is in Durban, not at altitude. That is a disadvantage to the Boks.

The +17 handicap for Ireland looks good but I reckon England may have something special in mind for the 'mighty' Boks so I'm going for England to win @ 5/2.

Smit is backing them aswell
    http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9817_7794578,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

I think Scotland have given us a glimpse of what to expect in the first round of games. Under prepared SH teams most of whom are in transition in terms of coaching and player turnover after the WC against 6N's teams who're much more battle ready.

I think England have a real chance of winning the first test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Counting on us having a decent opening and NZ being rusty so Ireland to lead by 1-5 points at half time is getting a go

5/1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Counting on us having a decent opening and NZ being rusty so Ireland to lead by 1-5 points at half time is getting a go

5/1

We were 31 points down at half time the last time we played in NZ against NZ :o

In the first test in 2006 though we were ahead at halftime.

• Advertisement

SA u20 -41 v italy tomorrow . Boks will be out for blood tomorrow after the Irish shock :D, and england beat italy by 59 points .

Samoa at +4 against Fiji on Saunday looks good to me. I think I read somewhere that some of Samoa's foreign players weren't available for the game against Tonga on Tuesday but will be for Fiji. Actually it was on the Samoan website:

"Other contract players will only be available after the Tonga test as their clubs are still going into the finals in the European League Championship, and the other 9 players will be joining the team after Tonga to play Fiji and others against Japan and Scotland in Apia.

The confirmed players as reported are: Census Johnston, Maurie Faasavalu, Fautua Otto, Tii Paulo, Paul Williams, Iosefa Tekori, Kane Thompson, James Johnston, and Kahn Fotualii."

Not a huge amount of certainty in that but it does look like a few of the European based players will be available.

Also while Samoa are the away team all the games are in Japan so there is no real away team as such. I don't know how this will feature in the IRB rankings though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Huge price considering how average SA are these days and how good England are getting

Worth a lump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

I think all three of the 'home' nations will beat the handicap on Saturday; Ireland were at +18* with Paddy Power last night with Wales +4 and England +7 - stuck a treble on it, my day's gambling could be over very early if Ireland go down in flames...

*In fairness, an 18-point handicap; how sh*t are we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

England at 9/4 now and still look good value. Wales to win 6/4 , a few All Black try scorers - Dagg, Guildford, Carter, SBW, Savea and that's my lot.

Anybody think Toulon Jonny Wilkinson can pull it off against Toulouse at 8/5? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Outside bet but first try scorers are worth looking at. Irish players start at 18/1 and go out from there. Earls at 25/1, Heaslip at 45/1 look the most tempting. POM at 50/1 seems ridiculously long too given his mobility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

GerM wrote: »
    Outside bet but first try scorers are worth looking at. Irish players start at 18/1 and go out from there. Earls at 25/1, Heaslip at 45/1 look the most tempting. POM at 50/1 seems ridiculously long too given his mobility.

Zebo has to get a fiver at 18/1 1st try scorer for the laugh.

Savea 4/1 to score 2 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

England at 9/4 now and still look good value. Wales to win 6/4 , a few All Black try scorers - Dagg, Guildford, Carter, SBW, Savea and that's my lot.

Anybody think Toulon Jonny Wilkinson can pull it off against Toulouse at 8/5? :D

I like the look of those. Think I'll do the two singles and a double. Might leave the Ireland one out of them, don't want my day's gambling ruined after getting up that early on a Saturday!:D

Defo having Savea anytime scorer, 2 or more and 3 or more.

As for Jonny, no chance!! Allez les Rouge et Noir!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

I'm a big fan of Savea but don't overlook Guildford who is in serious form currently too and scoring regularly. He's probably a more evasive runner although Savea is pure power once the ball is in his hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

GerM wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Savea but don't overlook Guildford who is in serious form currently too and scoring regularly. He's probably a more evasive runner although Savea is pure power once the ball is in his hands.

I agree, but what has swayed me is that Savea seems to be able to break the tackle more than Guilford and Savea is up against Zebo. Sorry to any Zebo fans but I just don't rate his defence or his defensive positioning at all.

Advertisement