Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

wprathead wrote: »
    Purely out of interest:

Leinster to win by 1-12 points @ 7/5
    Leicester to win by 1-12 points @ 8/5
    I did them in a Double @ 5.24/1

Where is that bet with?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

It's with Paddy's Podge
    The market is "Win Margin"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Jeez, what a weekend and there's still tomorrow to go. It seems that I'm in the unusual position of doing better than some of you this week. Doubled my money since last night but it's been insane. Toulon tonight was nearly my undoing - an awful spectacle and with the score at 0-3 to Racing after 20 minutes .....agh!! However, Racing managed to get more than the required 7.5 points in the 1st half so I clawed something back, but when Steffon Armitage got his try my 5/1 bet saved the day. My belief in the man upstairs is in danger of being renewed. :D

steffon-armitage_2204277b.jpg

PP%2BMAY%2B26.PNG

Anybody got any hot tips for the big game tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

the wee man to score :D

Bod motm 10/1
    Rk motm 15/2

A forward will probably get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

For Leinster vs Ospreys, Paddy Power are refunding losing tryscorer bets if a forward scores the first try.

• Advertisement

thank fcuk williams is retiring(cost me alot today) after the last few games he played you would say why, class player best of luck to him.

I'm only a Euro down on yesterday thanks to limiting my betting to Leinster by -3 at Half Time, Johnny Sexton to get a Full House, Sexton and Rob Kearney as MOTM. When I look at it now Nacewa and Shane Williams to score tries was easy money but I've been burnt so often on 'obvious' try scorers that I passed up on them. Anyway, Shane Williams as so often before had the last laugh. One last game in him with Baa Baas I think, and then he really is retired!! :D

I'm only a Euro down on yesterday thanks to limiting my betting to Leinster by -3 at Half Time, Johnny Sexton to get a Full House, Sexton and Rob Kearney as MOTM. When I look at it now Nacewa and Shane Williams to score tries was easy money but I've been burnt so often on 'obvious' try scorers that I passed up on them. Anyway, Shane Williams as so often before had the last laugh. One last game in him with Baa Baas I think, and then he really is retired!! :D

hmm have backed mr williams in his last 3 final final games didn't today :rolleyes:
    ,will do when he plays against Wales;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The BaaBaa's are +8 for tomorrow nights game which seems pretty generous to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The BaaBaa's are +8 for tomorrow nights game which seems pretty generous to me.

most of the players are on a 2 day turnaround, we'surely cover that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think this is a stronger BaaBaa team that played on Saturday and only Sackey, Tindall, Lawson, and Van Zyl started on Saturday.

In Lakifia, Louw, and Gorgodze they have an excellent back row and in Afoa, Jones, and August they have a better front row.

Jeez, when you look at the scenario, Barbarians smarting from their mauling by England and some serious firepower in their team versus an Irish 'Barbarians' team captained by ROG. As this report on Scrum.com http://www.espnscrum.com/ireland/rugby/story/164726.html ROG has more caps than the rest of the Irish team put together! Baa-Baas to win @ 21/10 looks tempting. Why is it not being televised - or on second thoughts probably just as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ireland +10-15 at full time is looking like a nice one to massage my cultivated tenner with (currently standing at 64 after 2 weeks). Just need to wait for Paddy to pop up the alt handicaps. I'd say that'll be something like 1/20 or so.

Similarly for the half time handicap Ireland +7 or so is looking pretty good for my cultivated fiver (standing at about 120 at present). Again get those alt handicaps up Paddy, I'd say that would be good for 1/5. Might risk about 100 of that on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I might have a go at Half time Barbarians - Full time Ireland at 6/1

Barbarians could start well and tire in the second half with some players having played sunday.

Baa-Baas to win @ 21/10 looks tempting. :D

good call sounded like a good game.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I might have a go at Half time Barbarians - Full time Ireland at 6/1

Barbarians could start well and tire in the second half with some players having played sunday.

unlucky! :(

Talking Rugby's BOTW is Clermont -4 vs Toulon (10/11).

Toulon (aside from Steffon Armitage) have been woeful in recent weeks, with Wilkinson off his game at the moment. Clermont are set to welcome back the likes of Hines and Buttin from injury. For Toulon, Carl Hayman is suspended but Kubriashvili is an excellent replacement, Toulon have probably 2 of the top 5 tightheads in the Top14.

I would expect Clermont to win by 8-10 points, -4 gives a bit of leeway.

Crusaders%2Bvs%2BHighlanders.PNG

Still on my lucky streak with a decent win in the Crusaders vs Highlanders game this morning, so I'll be giving Clermont -5 a lash. Toulon are a shambles and it would take a miracle for them to pull off a win but it is the Top 14 - and Jonny could come good! I will probably reduce my exposure by also going for 1st half points when the odds are up on PP. :D

Along with here, Planet Rugby and my gut, I've been using this site to help me with my research to generate some tidy profit (I'm sure ye may remember me giving out about a few late tries costing me lots of dough!!)

http://rpbetting.wordpress.com/

Also, I've started a log on my betting (rugby and football are my main stays) over on the Challenges/Logs forum, have a gander and see if ye have any pointers for me on it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056653206

Agree with you about Clermont btw JD, how did you get on with the betting on the Referendum btw?

Well. despite my advice to others to vote yes and pile into PP, I stayed away from the betting myself and spoilt my vote in any event http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78965212&postcount=26 - so I wouldn't have deserved to win.

I'll stick to rugby I think. My good run continued this morning with a bet on Chiefs -13.5 in the 1st half of the game with Blues. The half time score was 20-20. It could have been better as I was going to take Blues at -9.5 and 1st half total -22.5 (I think?) but I'm erring on the cautious side since my bad beating a few weeks ago.

Wales vs Baa-Baas tickles my fancy today - Baa Baas to win @ 2/1 and by more than 8 @ 9/2. That's an awesome backline the Baa Baas have out - Mils Muliaina, Isa Nacewa, Mike Tindall, Casey Laulala, Shane Williams and Stephen Donald. :D

• Advertisement

My instinct is telling me that it'll be a Wales win but I'm not sure enough to lay down any of my cash on it.

Liking the Look of the Sharks and the Bulls to win and cover their respective spreads in the 2 South African derbies later on though.

Also Toulouse -9 against Castres is looking a bit tempting...

bloody clermont :(

good weekend if you are a bookie :mad:

Dire end to my weekend - financially - as I was hammered yesterday in the Baa-Baas game and lost all my bets on the Toulon game today. Down €70 on the week - I had Tillous-Borde well backed at 12/1 to score a try - he damn nearly did - and the week would have had a different ending. Still the end result was worth the loss. :D

Samoa U20's +62 v NZ U20's @ 10/11

strong chance that NZ won't break this
    hopefully will be like the senior RWC where bookies underestimated the minnows

We're at +20 which against SA which seems a bit high to me.

NZ beat Wales 92-0 in last year's comp...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

NZ are just laughably far ahead of all the other teams at this level. Wouldn't touch any bet against them.

NZ beat Wales 92-0 in last year's comp...

....um, right.. when was looking up past scores I obvo missed that lil nugget..

..oh ****:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Podge_irl wrote: »
    NZ are just laughably far ahead of all the other teams at this level. Wouldn't touch any bet against them.

Out of interest, is it due to size/developement or just flat out skill? Or both?

Advertisement