Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Sorry, Clermont plus two? In France, with 20,000 fans shaking the stadium to its foundations? I'd get on that if I wasn't a Leinster fan.

I agree fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

7/2 for Ulster to win the Heineken Cup, I think it's a great bet considering they'll be in the final barring a meltdown in 3 weeks time. I'd fancy them against Clermont more so than Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Thinking of starting a few accumulators on the results of the Pro12, AP and Top14 each week.

Based soley on the odds that are being offered by PP I'm thinking of the following for one of the accuulators,
    75 cent on Toulouse, Toulon, Clermont, Montpellier, Racing Metro, Bayonne and Castres all to win their matches this round with two other accumulators of 25 cent a pop with some slight variations to hopefully cover for any losses

Second accumulator will be 75 cent on the match winners for the Pro12 maches, again with 2 25 cent variations to hopefully cover any losses while the third will be another 75 cent in the winners of the AP, again with 2 25 cent coverers.

The final accumulator will be a 6.25 accumulator covering all 17 selections that went under the 75 cent bets.

Madness or genius??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Sorry, Clermont plus two? In France, with 20,000 fans shaking the stadium to its foundations? I'd get on that if I wasn't a Leinster fan.

Its essentially an away game for Clermont as well though. Think how big a factor home advantage is for the T14 teams. I take your point about Clermont having the bulk of the support but Leinster won't be overly perturbed by it. Both teams are fairly evenly matched but Leinster have the edge at halfbacks, on the bench and in terms of coaching. Going to be a great game to watch though.

Its essentially an away game for Clermont as well though. Think how big a factor home advantage is for the T14 teams. I take your point about Clermont having the bulk of the support but Leinster won't be overly perturbed by it. Both teams are fairly evenly matched but Leinster have the edge at halfbacks, on the bench and in terms of coaching. Going to be a great game to watch though.

I think it's only fair Clermont have to move. Leinster have an enormous advantage when the Aviva is considered not to be their home ground for semi's. It will be a classic. I will go for Clermont, but will wait a little while longer, handicap may go out as far as 4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What do people think of the Dragons v Treviso game?

Treviso are +9 but have picked up a few away wins this season (Glasgow, Ulster, and Connacht) and the Dragons have only had one -9 win at home since September against Edinburgh.

The Treviso side seems strong enough, certainly close to if not first team, whereas the Dragons half backs look a bit inexperienced, they've a debut prop, and they've a 17 year old on the bench.

Also Treviso beat them 50-24 in October, the Dragons didn't have their Welsh Internationals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Edinburgh +14 on StanJames. What do we reckon? They are sending over a very strong team to take on the Leinster seconds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Edinburgh +14 on StanJames. What do we reckon? They are sending over a very strong team to take on the Leinster seconds.

They're missing Denton and Rennie in the back row who are big players for them, also they're missing Jacobsen, Gilchrist, and Blair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Is there such a thing as a Leinster seconds team this weather - especially when it features Nacewa?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I've grown quite wary of betting on handicaps involving Leinster. No matter what team they have out they are quite capable of occasionally blitzing other teams.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I've grown quite wary of betting on handicaps involving Leinster. No matter what team they have out they are quite capable of occasionally blitzing other teams.
    a weaker team beat Treviso 42-8 already this year

The Leinster game is a strange one in that if the HEC QF's were next week Leinster at -12 could seem generous. As Edinburgh have now beaten Toulouse we're a bit more weary of them even though they've won more in their 7 HEC games than in their 19 Rabo games!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Podge_irl wrote: »

I've bet on them 12 times to cover the handicap this season and they've done it 9 times. Last weekend slaughter of Cardiff being the most satisfying. They're a dangerous team to oppose though as was evident by theire 'second' teams slaughter of Cardiif and Treviso in the ML.

Munster have become a great team to oppose on the handicaps as the lines are based on past seasons results (Emmet might clarify).

Getting tired of lazy ass bookies not putting up the full range of odds till Friday.

Munster have become a great team to oppose on the handicaps as the lines are based on past seasons results (Emmet might clarify).

Getting tired of lazy ass bookies not putting up the full range of odds till Friday.

I lost €1000 on Munster away to Northampton, pulled out a high scoring performance from nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Gone on Leinster -12 tonight and anytime scorer bets on Madigan and Isa.

Edinburgh are useless in this seasons Rabo and after the high of last week I think this will be a hangover week for them. Leinster to put them to the sword in the second half.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Gone for Leinster -12 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Boyles have them at -11.

That one point could be a big point with 5 minutes to go .

Agree with them being a good bet Im gona jump on board later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Ulster +2 v Connacht? Thought it would be the other way around myself as it is still a strong Ulster team..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Going with Leinster -11 myself.

Also went with Visser anytime try @ 2/1. And Madigan @5/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

MungBean wrote: »

Thanks for reminding me, keep forgetting this bet;)

• Advertisement

Was looking at Madigan myself also he's 12/1 for 2 or more tries which
    isnt bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I've gone for a leinster connacht double. Up the lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Was looking at Madigan myself also he's 12/1 for 2 or more tries which
    isnt bad.

14/1 on pp

duckysauce wrote: »
    14/1 on pp

Yea your right Madigan is 14/1 it was actually McFadden I was looking at originaly
    even tho I said mention Madigan in other post.

This drinking in the mornings will have to stop.

Gone with the following:

Accumulators, All to win, match betting.

Dragons, Leinster, Ulster, Ospreys, Munster, Scarlets in the Pro12

Sale, Northampton, Gloucester, Saracens, Exeter, Harlequins in the AP

Perpingan, Toulon, Clermont, Montpellier, Racing Metro, Bayonne, Castres in the Top14

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The podcast won't be up in time, just to let you know that our Bet of the Week is Toulouse +2 away to Perpignan tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

pithater1 wrote: »
    Gone with the following:

Accumulators, All to win, match betting.

Dragons, Leinster, Ulster, Ospreys, Munster, Scarlets in the Pro12

Sale, Northampton, Gloucester, Saracens, Exeter, Harlequins in the AP

Perpingan, Toulon, Clermont, Montpellier, Racing Metro, Bayonne, Castres in the Top14

Threw a couple euro on all home teams to beat handicap in AP and Top14 myself. Might as well have bought a scratch card but its not quite as exciting.

Threw a couple euro on all home teams to beat handicap in AP and Top14 myself. Might as well have bought a scratch card but its not quite as exciting.

Yeah true that, good if it comes in but if it doesn't i'm only down the 2 Euro. Makes the rugby a bit more exciting this way.

Yer man in Paddy Power wasn't exactly thrilled when I handed in the dockets though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sorry guys - Jonah is back - I've gone with Nacewa, McFadden and Madigan to score 1,2, and 3 tries which will probably mean that the game will be tryless. :D

Also Leinster more than 13.5 in 1st half -so probably no scores until the second half.

I put a few grand on each.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Sorry guys - Jonah is back - I've gone with Nacewa, McFadden and Madigan to score 1,2, and 3 tries which will probably mean that the game will be tryless. :D

Also Leinster more than 13.5 in 1st half -so probably no scores until the second half.

I put a few grand on each.

make sure to post your 6 grand winnings slip after the game ;)

Advertisement