Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

GerM wrote: »
    Cardiff have a string of players making their last appearance in front of the home support. They'll want to put in a decent show. The likes of Martyn Williams and Gethin Jenkins will burst a lung today. Edinburgh have a completely second string side out. Not one player who started against Toulouse is on the field. They've only won once away from home in the league this season. They lost in Aironi and shipped 25 points there. They've had serious scores run up against them on the road: 54, 38, 34, 33. Wouldn't go near them.

Fair point, think I'll give this one a miss so. Quit while I'm ahead for this week and start afresh next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

pithater1 wrote: »
    Thoughts on this triple?

Exeter Chiefs v Northampton Saints - Exeter -3 at 8/11
    A win for Exeter gets them into the playoffs. Exeter's home form this year is pretty good while Northampton are in a slight slump with a few high profile suspensions.

Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh - Edinburgh +8 at 17/10
    Cardiff have been simply abysmal the last few matches. Edinburgh have some fringe players playing to put their hands up to be picked next week. Cardiff will win but I can't imagine them hammering Edinburgh.

Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors - Treviso +4 at 4/7
    Glasgow need the win to keep their playoff chances alive. Treviso are no pushovers at home though. Can see a tight win for Glasgow.

Only my 2nd week betting on the rugby but I'm €25 up this week. Will only be putting €3 on this one so if it doesn't happen its no biggie. €3 returns €30, worth a punt?

Wouldn't touch Cardiff/Edinburgh as its a nothing game. Exter have every chance of beating an out of sorts and under resourced Saints team. Can see Glasgow winning by 1-5. Wouldn't take Treviso +4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Just put on an accumulator for this week.

Have the two Spanish teams in the sport that shall not be named and I have the two Irish teams in the rugger. No handicaps. 5/1 about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Anybody going with Ulster -7 ? Weather could be a big factor but I can't see past Ulster cutting Edinburgh to pieces in what's essentially a 'home' game. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah I've gone for them at -7........and -10 and -13!

Those two 22 points wins by Ulster are weighing heavily on my mind. When you look through past Semi Finals it's not that uncommon for a team to win by 15 to 20 points.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think I'll have a splurge. I heard Gavin Hastings and some other bod on the radio yesterday talking Edinburgh up but I think Murrayfield was a flash in the pan - perhaps even 'the last sting of a dying wasp'. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Anybody going with Ulster -7 ? Weather could be a big factor but I can't see past Ulster cutting Edinburgh to pieces in what's essentially a 'home' game. :D

yep have gone for the -7 , should be a good weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

duckysauce wrote: »
    yep have gone for the -7 , should be a good weekend :)

Do you bet online or just in the shops ?

Do you bet online or just in the shops ?

mainly online sometime shops if bets are not online, why the Q ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Had a nice soccer accum come in there, worked out at 4/1

All the winnings have been lumped on Ulster minus 7.

Birthday next week so It would be a dinger to come in!

No value in the Leinster Clermont match betting as far as I see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    No value in the Leinster Clermont match betting as far as I see.

If you're going to bet on the match you may as well bet on them to win the HEC imo. Still wouldn't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Think I'll have a few quid on Ulster, can't see beyond them really. Also, Toulon in tomorrow nights semi against SF are shoo-ins. Stade have George Smith at 12 and have benched Parisse. Toulon are full strength pretty much.

Can't access gambling sites from work but hopefully the spread is a nice little profit earner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Think I'll have a few quid on Ulster, can't see beyond them really. Also, Toulon in tomorrow nights semi against SF are shoo-ins. Stade have George Smith at 12 and have benched Parisse. Toulon are full strength pretty much.

Can't access gambling sites from work but hopefully the spread is a nice little profit earner!

Its 12 or 13 points at moment
    Smith at 1 2is madness hell be facing his old team mate Giteau, Dupuy is benched too.
    With aheineken cup spot available for the winner of final strange stade not taking it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Its 12 or 13 points at moment
    Smith at 1 2is madness hell be facing his old team mate Giteau, Dupuy is benched too.
    With aheineken cup spot available for the winner of final strange stade not taking it seriously.

Cheers for the h/c SP.

I like the look of -12, shouldn't be too difficult to get with the team SF have out. Smith will be shown up at 12 and Toulon will certainly be targeting him.

Very odd for a side to be seeming to throw away a semi final, must be thinking they'll get H Cup rugby via the T14 route.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stade trying to make Top14 playoffs is very important as well, Toulon are already there and won't catch Clermont or Toulouse to qualify directly to the semifinals.

In their remaining regular season games, they have Toulouse at home and Lyon (relegated already) away in the Top14 and only need one win to make sure of a home quarterfinal.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/rugby/top-14/2011-2012/tables/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Cheers for the h/c SP.

I like the look of -12, shouldn't be too difficult to get with the team SF have out. Smith will be shown up at 12 and Toulon will certainly be targeting him.

Very odd for a side to be seeming to throw away a semi final, must be thinking they'll get H Cup rugby via the T14 route.

There in 7th at moment with Brive and Biarritz still in relegation zone and Toulon in 3rd in the top 14 so 7th should be a guaranteed heineken cup spot i think.
    Also small matter of Clermont still alive.
    Also Stade have only won once away all year in the league so should ship lots of points here looks like a good bet -12pts @10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Have a double of leinster to win and ulster -7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

PP have a great money back special for the Heineken Cup semi finals if the last score of the game is a penalty all losing tryscorer bets are refunded.

I'd say theres a good chance this could happen in both matches especially Leinster.

Could be worth backing a good few anytime scorers.

Applies to single bets placed before kick off only.
    Applies to 1st tryscorer, last tryscorer, 1st team tryscorer, anytime tryscorer,1st tryscorer insurebet, to score two or more tries and to score three or more tries
    Applies to win part of each way 1st tryscorer bets only.
    Max refund e100/£100 per customer bet
    Applies to Regular Time only (80 minutes)Penalty Tries do not countPaddy Power Rugby rules apply

robbie1977 wrote: »
    PP have a great money back special for the Heineken Cup semi finals if the last score of the game is a penalty all losing tryscorer bets are refunded.

I'd say theres a good chance this could happen in both matches especially Leinster.

Could be worth backing a good few anytime scorers.

Applies to single bets placed before kick off only.
    Applies to 1st tryscorer, last tryscorer, 1st team tryscorer, anytime tryscorer,1st tryscorer insurebet, to score two or more tries and to score three or more tries
    Applies to win part of each way 1st tryscorer bets only.
    Max refund e100/£100 per customer bet
    Applies to Regular Time only (80 minutes)Penalty Tries do not countPaddy Power Rugby rules apply

Worth a go for the Clermont Leinster game but it's a lot less likely to happen in the other semi

Thought I was really on the pigs back tonight when Steffon Armitage scored for Toulon in the first minute but I should have known better - Toulon minus Jonny Wilkinson - couldn't score in a brothel. Anyway I'm well ahead thanks to Armitage. Bring on overhyped Edinburgh! :D

PP%2B27%2BApril.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Had a treble tonight on Munster A over 13.5 1st half, Toulon over 28.5, and feckin Sligo Rovers about 5/1

Lesson learnt: Never trust football

Fecking frogs

Fecking frogs

lol they are a disaster to bet on .

lol they are a disaster to bet on .

Argentinians hold a special place of hatred in my heart after failing to cover a 2 point spread over the Scots in the WC

Cost me an 80/1 accum

Argentinians hold a special place of hatred in my heart after failing to cover a 2 point spread over the Scots in the WC

Cost me an 80/1 accum

Jesus thats nasty

but we all hate the Argies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Jesus thats nasty

but we all hate the Argies ;)

Except Maradona, any man who inflicts that amount of pain on England is a loved man in my eyes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

1st treble was €3 on Quensland Reds +5, Brumbies -3 and Munster A -14, came in for just inder €21 happy days

2nd quad was all of the above at €2 and Toulon at -14, thought I was in after the first few mins of that one.

Still €15 profit and all that

Ulster -7 tomorrow to pay for my ticket to Primavera

Hon Jackson!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

theres its done
    Clermont and Ulster (-7) double ...but Id be happy if Leinster win.
    and did a Clermont/Ulster/Swansea/S'hampton accum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Talking Rugby's Bet of the Week is Ulster -6, available in some places.

Advertisement