Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex Katia storm thread - TECHNICAL DISCUSSION, FORECASTS AND OBSERVATIONS ONLY!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Nice quiet evening here in West Limerick.

Just outside for the last time (hopefully) tonight and its actually quite nice. Still in the tee shirt, mild breeze and dry :)

Many thanks for the updates M.T.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh wind howling nicely now:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

It looks like the calm before the storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

2355 forecast on RTE Radio 1 warning of force 11 winds from Erris Head to Malin Head on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

kerrywez wrote: »
    Winds quite strong now here in Kerry and gusting very strong, would not think that they are any stronger than we have had for the past two days or so, but it is early yet and I expect tomorrow to be good. I am thinking of heading to Rossbeigh to take some pice and do a dvd of it but not really sure might be best to go to Inch were I can got through the village and to the cliff top and do some shooting from there, both are the same distance from me.

Regards Wez

Inch, I'd choose Inch as it'll allow you a better vantage point with both the beach and cliffs that Rossbeigh. You'll also have the option of scooting out Dingle direction and on to Slea Head etc if the meed takes you. Although Valentia Isl can be awsome if you know where to go during such weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Finally starting to blow a bit now here in Salthill,decent gusts in the last 10/15mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ezryder

Well it's calm here in NE Mayo @ the moment...bit of rain that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

ya cant beat a good owl storm...bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i have to say, it's warm at the moment 16oC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭squonk

Echoing the last Galway post, things have picked up in the last 25 minutes or so. Think I checked last at 23:35 and things were relatively calm but we're getting gusts now and there's actually a power to the wind. Not on a par with last night yet but it will be soon. Just heard the first major gust just now. Tomorrow should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Smurfette14

Wind is picking up in Tuam Co Galway.Getting gusty in the past few minutes.

squonk wrote: »
    Echoing the last Galway post, things have picked up in the last 25 minutes or so. Think I checked last at 23:35 and things were relatively calm but we're getting gusts now and there's actually a power to the wind. Not on a par with last night yet but it will be soon. Just heard the first major gust just now. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Hey Squonk-head down to Blackrock tomorrow around Midday (or a bit earlier) if you can,ill be there with a camera and cam-corder,or whoever else wants to join me is more then welcome:).Wind really blowing now but im going to bed,goodnight to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Currently reading 992hPa and 17.3C in Cork City centre. Drop of 8hPa in the last 6 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

ME have it as 967mb as it passes north, considerably lower than the 18z gfs which has it at ~974mb. I know they use the HIRLAM but I think the general consensus for tonight is that the intensity and even the track still hasnt been nailed even for such a short time frame

One last thing before i go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZH9ebAZouk:)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Time: 00:40

Wind speed is now steady, with strong gusts on a continuous pattern.

My 6th sense is telling me, theres something serious brewing in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭pauldry

pressure 989 on my station is that right. could be broke. barometer old style says "change" I SHOULD THINK UNDERSTATEMENT

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Not the best, but every so often you can see a wave crash over the rocks :cool:.

http://www.seapointleisure.ie/index.php?page=webcam

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Getting fairly gusty now! Pressure is down to 981hpa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Claregalway....tis gettin' gusty. Calm before the storm has disappeared!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Something to watch when the sun comes up, Strandhill, Sligo webcams.

Main Beach Surf Cam: http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com/page/main_beach

North End (Blue Rock) Surf Cam: http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com/page/north_end

• Registered Users Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭squonk

Aiel wrote: »
    Hey Squonk-head down to Blackrock tomorrow around Midday (or a bit earlier) if you can,ill be there with a camera and cam-corder,or whoever else wants to join me is more then welcome:).Wind really blowing now but im going to bed,goodnight to ye.

Have to be in work bu I'll head down for 6 or so tomorrow evening if anyone else fancies coming too!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well sham! :D
    Really windy here now alright, can here it howling through my vent but it's strangely warm! I'd rather it was cold to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

mars bar wrote: »

Well sham! :D
    Really windy here now alright, can here it howling through my vent but it's strangely warm! I'd rather it was cold to be honest...

Yep very gusty now in claregalway dog wanted to go out opened door huge gust of very warm wind shot in quite weird compared to normal cold storm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Been enjoying reading this thread for past few days, like to say thanks to all you technical people offering insight. Just drove from dublin to limerick couple of spots along the way could feel the wind wanting to move me sideways airght, mind you its fairly calm here in limerick now.

Half thinking of getting up eary and heading out to kilkee or lahinch for a lookie at the waves, reckon kilkee be imprssive seeing them crashing against the cliffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Been enjoying reading this thread for past few days, like to say thanks to all you technical people offering insight.

Have to agree there - I've learnt most of what I know - and I consider that well above average - about the weather from reading this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

It's 17 * C here now at 2:21am in co. dublin with a very slight breeze and very mild. I feel like i'm back in spain again. looks like a little bit of wind for dublin tomorrow, nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

zenno wrote: »
    It's 17 * C here now at 2:21am in co. dublin with a very slight breeze and very mild. I feel like i'm back in spain again. looks like a little bit of wind for dublin tomorrow, nothing to write home about.

Met Éireann saying 110km/h gusts all day tomorrow for the midlands and east, 140km/hr in the north.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Border of Limerick/Tipperary. Wind is starting to get a bit angry, (for want of a better explanation), here.

Advertisement