Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

adrian522 wrote: »
    could we go for tonight at 8?

Yup, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

daflood wrote: »
    No I'm im not around during the day. I could do tonight instead, but still the earlier the better.

I could get home for 6.30 this evening if that helps?

Can actually play around 7 tonight, is it a date? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Done. :)

Raoul wrote: »
    daflood wrote: »
    No I'm im not around during the day. I could do tonight instead, but still the earlier the better.

I could get home for 6.30 this evening if that helps?

Can actually play around 7 tonight, is it a date? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Get a room lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Stev_o wrote: »
    Haha Raoul already has me under report for practicing voodism on opposition players ;)

Im around tonight after 7 and probably all week after 7.

7ish tonight mate?

• Advertisement

Daflood. Im on now if you want to play this a bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

empacher wrote: »
    7ish tonight mate?

Yup sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Bucs go 5-0 with a victory cemented by an impressive secondary which gathered 4 picks and a fumble to beat the Eagles 49-13. Bucs will however have to go 10 weeks without talisman Lofa Tatupu who was assaulted and attacked by several Eagles players in what could only be described as a league wide conspiracy to injury Buc players.

Browns season is all but over after a fifth consectutive lose, the SanFran 49ers being the victors 27-20 this time.

1st Quarter:
    Niners recieve the kickoff and Jamal Charles only needs three runs to get on the scoreboard. 7-0 SF
    Browns come on to the field with 6:38 left in the first quarter and deny the niners any more possession in this quarter methodically moving their way down the field.
    2nd Quarter:
    Browns still have the ball and score on the first play. James Starks powering his way in to the endzone. Feely is good.
    7-7
    The 49ers kick a 47 yard FG on their next drive.
    Browns have to punt it away, after only going backwards.
    Then after a good punt return by Hester, Kenny Britt hauls one in for six.
    Browns bad streak continues and they punt it away yet again.
    Some voodoo magic later though and bad becomes good as star 1st round draft pick rookie LB Reggie Cooper forces a fumble own his own 4 yard line, (2nd career FF both of which were in his own redzone), which is recovered by Raheem Brock.
    More good luck comes the Browns way as Dalton from inside his endzone connects with Moss at the 15 yard line. Moss spins around his marker and takes off up the sideline. Gets to the opp 20 yard line before I think he is going to be tackled [no TO's left, under 60 seconds] and run out of bounds. After studying some game tape, I reckon that Major Wright wouldn't have caught him but not to worry, 3 plays later and Starks was on the score board again.
    14-17 SF @ Halftime
    3rd Quarter:
    Not much happened. CLE got a FG.
    17-17
    4th Quarter:
    And here we go.....
    SF get a 42 yard FG to go ahead 21-17.
    The Dog Pound lets their opinions be heard and this gives the Cleveland O the drive to move down the field and kick their own FG from 47 yards.
    20-20 with 1:57 left.
    SF are facing a third and 7 when Jamal Charles breaks free for a first down. Next play he breaks free for a 52 yard touchdown.
    27-20 with 0:57 left. CLE have 1 TO remaining.
    Lawerance Tynes kicks off deep. Dexter McCluster takes it out from 5 yards inside his own endzone. Stiff arms some poor schmuck at the 15, spins a defender at the 20, fumbles the ball at the 21 and SF recover.....2 kneel downs later and the game is over.

Next week against the AFC whipping boys CPU Steelers will make or break the Cleveland season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Think its only CPU vs Player games left could be a chance for an early advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep just the Bills and Panthers to play their games. Epic progress this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cardinals, when are you free to face the Ravens next gameweek?

Our game got simmed last season as we couldn't get a time sorted

I'm good any evening after six

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Cardinals, when are you free to face the Ravens next gameweek?

Our game got simmed last season as we couldn't get a time sorted

I'm good any evening after six

Not free until 9 tomorrow evening, but thursday and friday im free anytime!

Thursday evening sounds good

Whatever times suits you

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

6 thursday evening?

Are trades still allowed?
    If so, i have a LG Daryn Colledge 81 OVR available.

Looking for a ROLB, C or DT.

Shane.C wrote: »
    6 thursday evening?

grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Are trades still allowed?

Trades are still allowed; until the end of Week 6 I think. (Anyone who knows different can correct that).

Anyone looking for a pass-catching TE, both mine are available: Hernandez 85, Hoppes 84

Daflood; You available Thursday evening for our game? Have a game at 7, so anytime fro 8:30 is good for me. Also available Friday evening.

Yes, just like the real NFL the deadline is end of Week 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Gameweek doesn't advance till Friday right? I doubt ill get time to play CPU till then

Yep, gameweek is advanced on Friday.

• Advertisement

Lads... i was going to post this last night but fell asleep.. but how are your new guys doing? both trades and draft?

Only one starter, Reggie Cooper LOLB.

Both QB's picked up in the draft have yet to make an appearance. Expect this to change against the Steelers this week though.

Second round pick from the Bengals for Newton, CB Jatavious Calhoun has seen a good few snaps in Nickle and Dime packages.

Don't waste your money buying any Jamar Woods (#3 HB) jerseys, he won't be a permanent fixture in the Browns locker room.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Arizona Cardinals 23 – 3 New York Giants

This is not so much a review of the game as it is a rant.

The start to the Drew Brees-less era started in New York, with a bang, not a good one however. The game started out well for the Giants, as they drove down the field and got a field goal.

The newly acquired Alex Smith looked positively dreamy in his new blue uniform, but was less so under centre, perhaps jet lag from his flight over from Denver was the reason.

He posted a QB rating of 23.1 for 51 yards and 2 INTs, a frustrated Giants GM lost the head after passes going nowhere near intended receivers and sent in also newly required Matt Leinhart. The GM also forgot that Leinhart is left handed and forgot to flip plays around to suit the left hander. Leinhart also had an “impressive” day with 10.7 rating for 21 yards and 2 INTs

Mendenhall to his credit stepped up and delivered a “put the team on his back” performance with 115 yards off 17 carries, but the Giants wanted to avoid becoming one dimensional and went to the air, you know, pass to set up the run and what not.

Have to credit the defence who stepped up with 4 sacks and and an INT, which was returned for a TD but then taken away for clipping, which would have put the G-men 10-0 up early. It could have been a different game.

Arizona played well, and to be honest were almost charitable with the amount of dropped picks from the wayward passing for Smit-hart.

They just had to sit there and wait for the mistakes, and they took them.
    I knew to watch out for screens to Williams, but I was caught twice for big gains he had 93 yards receiving and was quiet on the ground with 60 yards.

Matty Ice was his usual self rating of 101.9 for over 200 yards with 2 tds. Leinhart told me after the game, he still loves Arizona, a trade perhaps…..Matt for Matt?

The Cards keep their unbeaten streak alive and the Giants possibly start their own streak, in the opposite direction.

We are now listening to suggestions / offers for ritual sacrifice to the Madden Gods, so Drew can come back next week….please!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think when you use an elite QB like Brees, it covers up for a lot of mistakes. With an average QB like you've got now, you are going to need to be a lot mre careful with your throws.

I've got cassell who is similar enough to Smith and last year I threw so many interceptions it was depressing.

This year I'm only throwing passes when I think the receiver has beaten the coverage and not trying to "fit things in". Still throwing a few picks but not nearly as many.

A good running game will help but you kind of have to re-learn the passing game without your elite QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I know yeah, but some of the passes were so far off. I mean 15 yards away from the receiver, I can take when I throw a bad pass (into coverage or whatever).

What was happening was I was passing to a guy out wide cutting in, but the pass was ending up in the hands of a safety straight down the middle. They weren't evern deep passes, if caught would have been a 10 - 15 yard gain.

I have the Seahawks next week, who seem to be on a roll this year, but will have to try out a new scheme. Switched my play book too, was using the Saints with Brees (a lot of deep options). Now using the more conservative Ravens

6 thursday evening?
    grand
    Raoul wrote: »
    Yep, gameweek is advanced on Friday.

Ok Cardinals, you free over the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We really do need our own forum. Fixtures are getting too confusing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I know yeah, but some of the passes were so far off. I mean 15 yards away from the receiver, I can take when I throw a bad pass (into coverage or whatever).

What was happening was I was passing to a guy out wide cutting in, but the pass was ending up in the hands of a safety straight down the middle. They weren't evern deep passes, if caught would have been a 10 - 15 yard gain.

I have the Seahawks next week, who seem to be on a roll this year, but will have to try out a new scheme. Switched my play book too, was using the Saints with Brees (a lot of deep options). Now using the more conservative Ravens

One other piece of advice is not to try and "throw on the run", try to get your feet set before throwing.

Also try to keep the deep passes to a minimum and concentrate on the short to medium passes and then the deep passes when the defense is closing in to defend the running game and the short passes.

Best of luck with it anyway !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

etloveslsd wrote: »

I hear you man, I am still adjusting after the move from Jay Cutler to Cam Newton. The accuracy (or lack thereof) can be very frustrating at times. At least he can tuck and run though.
    Tried Leinart for one meaningless game last year as my backup, wasn't much fun either.
    Best of luck with adjustment, Brees injury is seriously harsh!

Anyone needing an upgrade at QB then Kyle Orton is available for a trade :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Anyone needing an upgrade at QB then Kyle Orton is available for a trade :)

I'll send McNabb your way :pac::pac:

Advertisement