Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin v Kerry. All Ireland Football Final 2011 *** Mod Warning Post #647 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

m.j.w wrote: »
    why did he leave the pitch before they got the cup?

I was wondering that too, Id say the captain had gotten the cup but the team members hadnt raised it....he certainly didnt go up to raise the cup himslef and was shown in a T Shirt heading down the tunnell with the Kerry lads....seemed very unusual to me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Maybe the ref had a poor game but he didn't affect the result of the game IMO.

of course he did. he gave a free at the end that wasnt a foul that won the game for dublin. how could it be any more clear cut?

he gave another free to dublin that was for a ball on the ground that wasnt a free, he should have sent off a dublin player and he didnt play sufficient injury time. theres also the free he gave against galvin in the first half that was scored and then another that was missed.

ref cost kerry the game today, and 2 silly hand passes also which i am more angrier with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

solerina wrote: »
    I was wondering that too, Id say the captain had gotten the cup but the team members hadnt raised it....he certainly didnt go up to raise the cup himslef and was shown in a T Shirt heading down the tunnell with the Kerry lads....seemed very unusual to me

being described as very modest on the sunday game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

of course he did. he gave a free at the end that wasnt a foul that won the game for dublin. how could it be any more clear cut?

he gave another free to dublin that was for a ball on the ground that wasnt a free, he should have sent off a dublin player and he didnt play sufficient injury time. theres also the free he gave against galvin in the first half that was scored and then another that was missed.

ref cost kerry the game today, and 2 silly hand passes also which i am more angrier with.

Utter rubbish.

Clearly you were being falsely modest when you claimed that you couldnt begrudge Dublin. Dublin cost Kerry the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Well if you want to go that route then Dublin should've had a penalty for the hand ball in the box

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Sour grapes? Kerry have only themselves to blame for losing today. It's always the same with ye,blame the ref,the Sunday Game,the CCCC,Kerry are always robbed of games never beat:rolleyes:!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

surferdudz wrote: »
    Nah, he didnt left when the kerry team left...and thats after cup and speeches, but b4 lap of honour
    No he walked down the tunnel just as the presentation ceremony was starting! Then seemed to have come back out, jersey off, and waited in the tunnel listening to it, as soon as it was done, walked back down the tunnel with the Kerry lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Was delighted for the Dubs today. As a non Dub I'bve lived up here for 12 years and it will be a great week in the capital. I thought they were dead and buried at 4 down but they heart they showed to come back and more importantly the way they kept the head made them worthy winners.

Would agree about the ref he gave some crazy decisions on both sides. Way too whistle happy, he ruined the game as a spectacle really.

I'd say Coppers is scary at the moment.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Het-Field wrote: »
    Utter rubbish.

Clearly you were being falsely modest when you claimed that you couldnt begrudge Dublin. Dublin cost Kerry the game today.

i dont begrudge dublin, its not their fault that the ref had a poor game. dublin wanted to win the game and then did and fair play for that.

after seeing the sunday game and how the "experts" said he gave alot of decisions to dublin and followed up with footage, then it just makes me angrier than i was during the game.

the funny thing is they aint even discussed the tackle on declan sullivan yet nor the injury time farce
    Nanoc wrote: »
    Well if you want to go that route then Dublin should've had a penalty for the hand ball in the box

i think its pretty obvious there was none, he said it was for a touch on the floor and did the striking action, which was actually done by eoin brosnans boot, which was outside the box and thats the mistake he made. another score that cost us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Maybe Cluxton is a bit eccentric, who knows and more importantly who cares??? People deal with big occasions in their own way.

He won the game for Dublin today with that brilliant pressure kick and he is a an amazing player. Just be grateful and leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In fairness Dublin should of had penalty tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

A truly truly great day. Club 31 defeated.

Cluxton made up for that silly sending off against Armagh all those years ago ten times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

bohsboy wrote: »
    A truly truly great day. Club 31 defeated.

Cluxton made up for that silly sending off against Armagh all those years ago ten times over.
    club 31?? explain please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

sunday game just lashed the ref out of it, alot of poor calls for crucial scores against kerry. i dont think anybody can say he had a good game and didnt dictate the result.

sad that the game was decided by one man.
    Ah give it a rest man,there was soft frees for both sides and yellow cards for Dublin players when there hadn't even been a foul.
    It kept in tone with the whole championship this year,too many cards and soft frees in today's game but the rules are there for everyone and it's a blinkered view to say its only Dublin that benefit.

club 31?? explain please?

31 counties v The Champions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I think any genuine GAA fan will agree the best team won the All Ireland final today. It's sad to see some people trying to blame the ref for Kerry been beat. Dublin produced the goods when it counted.

The defeats to Cork in last year's semi and this year's League final stood to them today,they weren't going to let it happen a 3rd time. This Dublin team can go on to greater things now that they've won an All Ireland. They have great fans who have stood loyal to them in the past few years even when things went horribly wrong at times. Well done Dublin,deserving champions.

i am unsure how well educated you are or if you can count but dublin defeated kerry today not 31 counties..

its comments like yours that are frowned upon in soccer forums as they are flame bait for other users here to react..

back to bohs with you soccer boy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

You will find a lot of other counties were supporting Dublin today, I know everyone in my house was cheering for Dublin today. There was great cheers when they won.

It might have been a case of the lesser of two evils but rather success starved Dublin over Kerry winning again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

i am unsure how well educated you are or if you can count but dublin defeated kerry today not 31 counties..

its comments like yours that are frowned upon in soccer forums as they are flame bait for other users here to react..

Ah you know the Soccer forum is modded a lot stricter, hell someone here was given the option to edit their post instead of being infracted...way more relaxed!

Back on topic....that movie title bit was so cringe worthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

think the ref was very poor today for both teams imho. but his last mistake really compounded his earlier mistakes by giving dublin a free at the death when it never was. barry john never moved as was shown in numerous replays . think a draw was what both teams deserved after such a titanic tussle ,

ps 33 teams in championship not 32 :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Have to laugh at the poster from kildare who thanked you,Thats the biggest windup merchant here in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

All I can say is wow. Tears at the final whistle, without a doubt the proudest day of my life. It was a long time coming but we got there in the end. C'mon the Dubs!!

ciaeim wrote: »
    think the ref was very poor today for both teams imho. but his last mistake really compounded his earlier mistakes by giving dublin a free at the death when it never was. barry john never moved as was shown in numerous replays . think a draw was what both teams deserved after such a titanic tussle ,

34...USA USA! :D

A great day. Dont think it can ever be topped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

ciaeim wrote: »

what anthem do they use for London? Not God Save,....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ah the Sunday game, interesting what can be discussed! MJ Laois player is a cutie pie! Good on Kerry though, they congratulated the Dubs in a well classed manner! The ref was genuinely not great today for both teams. Gooch got a fab goal and us Kerry fans should be proud of that and the rest of the team that they played well and worked so hard!

The fact is Dublin won no more about it! Let Sleeping dogs lie! There is always next year....

imo dublin winning an all ireland opens the doors to many other teams that are capable too as a kildare fan i applaud you dublin seniors well done.

but beware thos looking for a scalp ;)

joking aside well done

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

surferdudz wrote: »
    what anthem do they use for London? Not God Save,....

does it matter,, or new yorks anthem for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

doovde la wrote: »
    Ah the Sunday game, interesting what can be discussed! MJ Laois player is a cutie pie! Good on Kerry though, they congratulated the Dubs in a well classed manner! The ref was genuinely not great today for both teams. Gooch got a fab goal and us Kerry fans should be proud of that and the rest of the team that they played well and worked so hard!

The fact is Dublin won no more about it! Let Sleeping dogs lie! There is always next year....

Sure aren't you just a lovely kerry woman ;);)

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the poster from kildare who thanked you,Thats the biggest windup merchant here in a while.
    how is cilldaraabu a wind up merchant? maybe i have missed something

Advertisement