Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin v Kerry. All Ireland Football Final 2011 *** Mod Warning Post #647 ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

how is cilldaraabu a wind up merchant? maybe i have missed something

Check his pure antidublin posts here yourself any time Dublin are playing,some Dublin man must have run of with his women.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

realies wrote: »
    Check his pure antidublin posts here yourself any time Dublin are playing,some Dublin man must have run of with his women.
    ah to be fair i slag too ill be honest but i wouldnt be anti dub me dad is from glasnevin so cant abuse too much lol

secretly i was hoping kerry would be beaten. nothing against kerry but smaller teams need more confidence and dublin beating kerry says championship is open to prob 4 or 5 teams now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Nolan deserves it too.

No complaints there. He had a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

kevin Nolan .. MOTM, sound fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

realies wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the poster from kildare who thanked you,Thats the biggest windup merchant here in a while.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Some images of St Judes and Dublin Hero Kevin McManaman

:rolleyes:
    lol

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Just back, what a day, lot of heart shown by the lads to come back when it looked like it was all over. Chokers how are ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

imo dublin winning an all ireland opens the doors to many other teams that are capable too as a kildare fan i applaud you dublin seniors well done.
    but beware thos looking for a scalp ;)

joking aside well done

While I would agree to an extent, I believe that will be qualified by reason of any potential progress made by this Dublin team, the reaction of this Kerry team to this defeat, and the recalibration of Cork after the Mayo game. As things stand I would believe that Kerry, Dublin and Cork remain a fair bit ahead of the nearest chasing pack comprising Mayo,Donegal,Kildare,Tyrone,Down,Limerick, and I believe that positive steps taken by Kerry,Cork, and Dublin could extend the gap further.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bohsboy wrote: »
    31 counties v The Champions.

I think a lot of people wanted Dublin to win from the other 30 counties. Found it hard myself because of the sore winners after Donegal, but I wanted Dublin to win, they've had a long enough spell without Sam, Donegal the same with the Anglo Celt.

As usual Kerry will moan about the referee and the what ifs. Kerry had a comfortable lead, it's their own fault and their manager was gracious in defeat.

I know you were just slagging but when it comes to AI Finals most want are ABK's.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I think any genuine GAA fan will agree the best team won the All Ireland final today. It's sad to see some people trying to blame the ref for Kerry been beat. Dublin produced the goods when it counted.

The defeats to Cork in last year's semi and this year's League final stood to them today,they weren't going to let it happen a 3rd time. This Dublin team can go on to greater things now that they've won an All Ireland. They have great fans who have stood loyal to them in the past few years even when things went horribly wrong at times. Well done Dublin,deserving champions.

Firstly I dont begrudge Dublin their win. It was a fantastic final and a little surreal seeing colours other than red/white and green and gold up there excepting the cup.

I don't think anyone could argue that to win an All Ireland your a cracking good football team, you need a bit of luck and 50-50 decisions to go your way at crucial times.

In each and a lot of games this year Dublin got some very very suspect free's awarded to them that got them over the line in the end, including today's game where the final free was even a little suspect.

In saying that, in order to be in that position to win the game Dublin showed some real character to claw it back. As a neutral I would have loved a draw and another 70 minutes in 2 weeks time. It was a cracking game of ball, enthralling to the very end.

On the fans issue, Dublin fans are not loyal, I would argue far from it. I would say half of the Dublin fans that were there today were never even in Parnell Park. 2 years ago there were banners on the hill saying Gilroy out. What kind of loyalty is that?
    They didnt even bother to show for their minors either 2 hours earlier.
    I hate them kind of fans, they are the fans that took the tickets on the genuine people that went all year to all the League and Championship matches.

Het-Field wrote: »
    While I would agree to an extent, I believe that will be qualified by reason of any potential progress made by this Dublin team, the reaction of this Kerry team to this defeat, and the recalibration of Cork after the Mayo game. As things stand I would believe that Kerry, Dublin and Cork remain a fair bit ahead of the nearest chasing pack comprising Mayo,Donegal,Kildare,Tyrone,Down,Limerick, and I believe that positive steps taken by Kerry,Cork, and Dublin could extend the gap further.
    i hope not but i do believe you could throw kildare into a group of 4 they are improving every year now dont think much of donegals play even though they bet us while mayo tyrone and down all look dangerous particularly down imo..

either way im dragging this off topic sorry..

think point of the championship came from donaghy to level the match what composure great kick

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Okay, well firstly, sincere well done to Dublin and the dub supporters. The true heart, determination, spirit and passion could be felt through the coverage.

Now, Kerry, imo, threw this one away & can’t blame anyone but themselves. To go from 4points up; get complacent (which cannot be done, esp against the dubs) and give away such easy ball. It could well be a very-different team taking to the pitch next year but these soldiers playing for Kerry all year are gracious & honourable & will not doubt be back in Croker on A-I final day 2012 ;).

Dublin are deserving All-Ireland Champions. Hope you all enjoy the celebrations, it’s a long, long time coming for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

K-9 wrote: »
    Found it hard myself because of the sore winners after Donegal,

Sore winners? Wouldn't agree with that. There was no gloating. Only moaning was done by Spillane and co.

Donegal played to their plan very well and fair play to them. Id no problems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

whycliff wrote: »
    On the fans issue, Dublin fans are not loyal, I would argue far from it. I would say half of the Dublin fans that were there today were never even in Parnell Park. 2 years ago there were banners on the hill saying Gilroy out. What kind of loyalty is that?
    They didnt even bother to show for their minors either 2 hours earlier.
    I hate them kind of fans, they are the fans that took the tickets on the genuine people that went all year to all the League and Championship matches.

Comical. Every county has its bandwagon support. Who cares? We certainly dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

of course he did. he gave a free at the end that wasnt a foul that won the game for dublin. how could it be any more clear cut?

he gave another free to dublin that was for a ball on the ground that wasnt a free, he should have sent off a dublin player and he didnt play sufficient injury time. theres also the free he gave against galvin in the first half that was scored and then another that was missed.

ref cost kerry the game today, and 2 silly hand passes also which i am more angrier with.

I'm not from Dublin, but I'm sorry, that was definitely a foul at the end. If McMenamen went around Kean, he could have easily scored a point or set up a goal. It was more an awkward challenge from Kean than a deliberate trip, but it was still a foul, and McMenamen did well to draw the foul, something Kerry have been experts at doing for years now. Kean might have stopped McMeneman's run accidently, but then again most fouls are accidental, defenders falling or bumping into forwards by mistake. It was 100% a foul!

Apart from that, Brian Sheehan was very lucky to stay on the field for dragging down McCauley when he was through on goal and only the goalie to beat, so Kerry benefitted from that decision.

I hope we don't have 12 months of Kerry fans whinging about the ref on here, overall Kerry were poor today imo, apart from the goal, Gooch did very little, Donaghy is past his best imo and is becoming almost a luxury player, and the normal Kerry stars like Declan O'Sullivan failed to perform.

Dublin deserved the win, no question.

i hope not but i do believe you could throw kildare into a group of 4 they are improving every year now dont think much of donegals play even though they bet us while mayo tyrone and down all look dangerous particularly down imo..

either way im dragging this off topic sorry..

think point of the championship came from donaghy to level the match what composure great kick

Everbody is entitled to their opinion, however, while I believe Kildare could justify a spot in the Top 4 in 2010, I dont believe their season has been good enough to justify a potential winners tag for 2012

Kildare have some excellent players, however, after four years of scratching, this season would have to be considered somewhat diappointing in the light of progress made in 2009 and 2010.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Sore winners? Wouldn't agree with that. There was no gloating. Only moaning was done by Spillane and co.

Donegal played to their plan very well and fair play to them. Id no problems with it.

Well you have to say that! ;)

Glad Donegal got the recognition on the Sunday Game, despite their moaning, they couldn't deny the effectiveness.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Everbody is entitled to their opinion, however, while I believe Kildare could justify a spot in the Top 4 in 2010, I dont believe their season has been good enough to justify a potential winners tag for 2012

Kildare have some excellent players, however, after four years of scratching, this season would have to be considered somewhat diappointing in the light of progress made in 2009 and 2010.
    i personally think they ran out unlucky against donegal.. who knows championship football is mad anything can happen i do think kildare dublin would have been a mouth watering semi and itwould have been so close, who knows?? anyways its the jacks day....

i hope we represent in new league set out their stall..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

plasmaguy wrote: »
    I'm not from Dublin, but I'm sorry, that was definitely a foul at the end. If McMenamen went around Kean, he could have easily scored a point or set up a goal. It was more an awkward challenge from Kean than a deliberate trip, but it was still a foul, and McMenamen did well to draw the foul, something Kerry have been experts at doing for years now. Kean might have stopped McMeneman's run accidently, but then again most fouls are accidental, defenders falling or bumping into forwards by mistake. It was 100% a foul!

Apart from that, Brian Sheehan was very lucky to stay on the field for dragging down McCauley when he was through on goal and only the goalie to beat, so Kerry benefitted from that decision.

I hope we don't have 12 months of Kerry fans whinging about the ref on here, overall Kerry were poor today imo, apart from the goal, Gooch did very little, Donaghy is past his best imo and is becoming almost a luxury player, and the normal Kerry stars like Declan O'Sullivan failed to perform.

Dublin deserved the win, no question.

Fair enough, but I still think the last free wasn't a foul looking at it closely. I don't think either team were poor, they both played to the best of their abilities not doubting that at all, though some more than other's performed better but at the same time there was a balance on both sides of how they all played. It was fifty fifty as too who was going to win could have gone either way.

I disagree I still think Donaghy had a good game. Darran and Gooch did too along with Cluxton and The Brogan Brothers. I don't think Declan had a brilliant game but I think he played well just that he was ganged up on a lot and tackled unfairly is the only way I would see that he wasn't performing well as he didn't get enough ball like Donaghy, Gooch and Darran did. It was a fair game between the two only for the ref sticking his nose in it, it would have gone in Kerry's favour. Unfortunately Kerry ran out of steam! :(

Dublin deserved to Win all the same.

• Advertisement

Well you have to say that! ;)

Glad Donegal got the recognition on the Sunday Game, despite their moaning, they couldn't deny the effectiveness.

As Ulster Champions, and Semi Finalists, they are entitled to representatives on the team. However, I would be a little concerned if anybody beyond Number 7 had been selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Some Kerry players are surely now gone. Tomas o Se, Tom Sullivan, Eoin Brosnan Aidan Mahoney. All past it now and won't win another All Ireland with those players involved for sure. It is a great day for football to see the Sam travelling around the country.

Still no sign of Stinicker, that must be one hard defeat for him to swallow. Well done again Dublin, you were the better team.

i personally think they ran out unlucky against donegal.. who knows championship football is mad anything can happen i do think kildare dublin would have been a mouth watering semi and itwould have been so close, who knows?? anyways its the jacks day....

i hope we represent in new league set out their stall..

Im certainly hopeful of that. I believe that the Kildare game in June was a catalyst for what occurred today. A big game against a strong team cannot be mitigated for. Dublin were lucky to have three big games before the final, and one eye-opening experience against Wexford to help them.

I agree re Donegal, and i think you had the beating of them. I am just concerned that McGeeney's decision to remain at the helm may not be what is best for Kildare GAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

teednab-el wrote: »
    Some Kerry players are surely now gone. Tomas o Se, Tom Sullivan, Eoin Brosnan Aidan Mahoney. All past it now and won't win another All Ireland with those players involved for sure. It is a great day for football to see the Sam travelling around the country.

Still no sign of Stinicker, that must be one hard defeat for him to swallow. Well done again Dublin, you were the better team.
    He must feel rather foolish now after all his blowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

teednab-el wrote: »

Who got MOTM? I'm in d States and didn't hear who got it.

Im certainly hopeful of that. I believe that the Kildare game in June was a catalyst for what occurred today. A big game against a strong team cannot be mitigated for. Dublin were lucky to have three big games before the final, and one eye-opening experience against Wexford to help them.

I agree re Donegal, and i think you had the beating of them. I am just concerned that McGeeney's decision to remain at the helm may not be what is best for Kildare GAA.
    I agree 100% i really hope geezer has a master plan.. god i would have done anything for kildare to be in dublins shoes today..

cant believe cluxtons point cool as a cucumber

I agree 100% i really hope geezer has a master plan.. god i would have done anything for kildare to be in dublins shoes today..

cant believe cluxtons point cool as a cucumber

Kildare are not too far off at all.

As Ulster Champions, and Semi Finalists, they are entitled to representatives on the team. However, I would be a little concerned if anybody beyond Number 7 had been selected.

Murphy and McFadden will get nominated for All Stars. I think Murphy will benefit from this season in his development as a player.

Anyway, more thread relevant, midfield is nearly becoming irrelevant!

Murphy and McFadden will get nominated for All Stars. I think Murphy will benefit from this season in his development as a player.

Anyway, more thread relevant, midfield is nearly becoming irrelevant!

Very true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anyone think Des Cahill had a few drinks before presenting The Sunday Game tonight?

Advertisement