Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin v Kerry. All Ireland Football Final 2011 *** Mod Warning Post #647 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

pbowenroe wrote: »
    anyone know where Cluxton went after the match? I didn't see him lift the trophy

Yeah, I saw him walking down the tunnell with the kerry team, and branching off to the dubs dressing room..... he missed the whole lap of honour celebration... is he the quiet type? Did so well today.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

COMETH THE HOUR COMETH THE MAN:)

taken by myself!

see the faces!!!

B8E3617EB48A430294D996788B7B548F-0000337703-0002546144-00800L-ADA93AC5BE35413883D4791B2E6C4B44.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

RJunior wrote: »
    Today's game was won by the better team. No argument. It was not down to the referee and "poor officiating". I've just watched the game replay on TG4. Kieran Donaghy is a thug and was lucky not to have been sent off. so stop talking nonsense. You were beaten fair and square. Have a bit of grace.

what did he do to be sent off then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭jacool

congratulations to the dubs, cant begrude the win.

from a kerry perspective, sickening way to lose, and angry for a few reasons, most so with our own lads pushing on too much, giving away a very soft goal with a sloppy handpass and then doing the same for the equaliser.

sad that a bitter taste is left after some key decisions went against kerry, the tackle on declan sullivan by brennan was disgusting and a red card all day, but the ref bottled it. 2 mins injury time also a joke with 3 injuries in the second half at least and he blew it as soon as kerry were building an attack, despite the free taking a minute to be done.

the last 2 frees dublin got were soft, he gave a free against galvin that was soft, resulted in a point, then the last 2 =

free against brosnan for touching on the ground, when he kicked it, and the winning free was soft to say the least.

but its over now, what can you do,just sad that a game so close is deciced by poor officiating.

well done dublin.
    The ref should have sent off both Brennan and Donaghy.
    If he pulled Brosnan for handling on the ground, that was a penalty.
    The Galvin incident was not a free.
    The goalscorer took at least 6 steps but I don't know if there is also a 3 second time limit. He was inside that if there is. (GAA experts put me right)
    He never played enough injury time.
    In short, he was brutal, but Dublin took their chances, didn't run out of steam and, critically, held their nerve.
    They cannot be denied. Nice touch with Pillar afterwards as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

liammur wrote: »
    likewise from limerick, in fact i'd say the 31 counties wanted dublin to win today, and that's nothing against kerry, it's just nice to see things being shared around

I watched the match in a pub in Roscommon, christ they were not up for dublin at all, just made it all the sweeter 2 of us cheerin against about 20. Tbh I still think the majority would have been up for Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Ye apparently went to apalogise to Kerry and saying it wasn't a free:confused::confused::confused:

I don't buy that for a second. Cluxton is a very, very private person and most likely just went off to be with his family or to collect his thoughts. It wouldn't be the first time he's done that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Sunday Game just starting now for all our Kingdom boardsies;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭baldbear

Live and twisted in the Burlo...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

From a Kerryman..
    Congratulations... ye deserve it..
    Hopefully we will meet again.
    I think we had it if we were smart, but fair play to the Dubs, they fought for it and played well under the pressure.

Mind it for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

i know this has probably been answered but theres to many pages to look through, why did cluxton leave before the cup was handed out and before the lap of honour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 captain a

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I watched the match in a pub in Roscommon, christ they were not up for dublin at all, just made it all the sweeter 2 of us cheerin against about 20. Tbh I still think the majority would have been up for Kerry.

32 - dublin
    =

31 - kerry
    =30.

sorry, pedantic i know, carry on folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

keps wrote: »
    COMETH THE HOUR COMETH THE MAN:)

taken by myself!

see the faces!!!

B8E3617EB48A430294D996788B7B548F-0000337703-0002546144-00800L-ADA93AC5BE35413883D4791B2E6C4B44.jpg

An award winning photo for definite - Well done Keps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keane and Incognito, what did you think of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

captain a wrote: »
    32 - dublin
    =

31 - kerry
    =30.

sorry, pedantic i know, carry on folks.

32 - dublin = 31

:D:D carry on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

surferdudz wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw him walking down the tunnell with the kerry team, and branching off to the dubs dressing room..... he missed the whole lap of honour celebration... is he the quiet type? Did so well today.......

I remember when he was sent off, can't remember the game but it must have been 8 or 9 years ago. We lost anyway and he passed me on the Malahide road. Didn't look very happy.:D Don't know him but he seems intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭rpurfield

on that brennan yellow i thought it looked worse than it was.when the showed the replay you can see mc auley has fouled him an brennan is trying to get outta the way if anything when he seen him going down.if anything the yellow shouldve went to mc auley for pulling him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

what did he do to be sent off then?

Fair enough, maybe not deserving of a sending off. He's still a a definite doubt in terms of lack of character and his ability to play within the spirit of the game though. First man over to any kind of face off (that didn't directly involve him) looking to be the hard man.

Either way, this "poor officiating" argument is specious nonsense. I reiterate, have a bit of grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Super Dubs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 captain a

realies wrote: »
    32 - dublin = 31

:D:D carry on ;)

yes, which implies everyone in kerry supports dublin.

RJunior wrote: »
    Fair enough, maybe not deserving of a sending off. He's still a tramp though. First man over to any kind of face off (that didn't directly involve him) looking to be the hard man.

Either way, this "poor officiating" argument is specious nonsense. I reiterate, have a bit of grace.

I agree but you better get rid of the ***** in your comment. Zero tolerance on days like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

who willget MOM??

captain a wrote: »
    yes, which implies everyone in kerry supports dublin.

Sorry read the original post wrong :)

surferdudz wrote: »
    who willget MOM??

Hard to call. I'd go for MD McCauley for a tremendous shift in attack and defence.

Just saw the Brennan incident again and i still can't see why he was carded. McCauley did the fouling and O' Sullivan fell into Brennan.

How crucial was Eamon Fennell beating Donaghy to that throw ball? Its the little things that make all the difference some times.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Great game today, very exciting. Its very rare that a final in any sport ends with such a tight and exciting conclusion.

Congrats to Dublin. Roll on next summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Donaghy can count himself very lucky not to get a yellow card at least,he was throwing a lot of sneaky belts all day and acting in an intimidating manner at times. Also showed a lack of class and sportsmanship roaring into the referee's face trying to get Brennan sent off but that's not his first time at that carry on.

Its sweet looking at this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

How crucial was Eamon Fennell beating Donaghy to that throw ball? Its the little things that make all the difference some times.

Thought the exact same thing myself at the time. One of those things you can't calculate the importance of, really... Like Darren Homan coming off the bench to field a ball with the last kick in the Leinster final against Laois in 2005 (??).. if Laois had won the ball, who knows... if Donaghy wins that throw-up over Fennell, who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

Yeah, Donaghy wasn't the hard man when it really counted for his team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Very enjoyable game.

Very impressed that Dublin came back when 4 points down - I have new respect for them.

As regards the ref - he was very poor and most of his poor decisions favoured Dublin. As regards people saying 31 counties want Dublin to win - I reckon most people around the country want anyone other than Dublin or Kerry to win. When they are playing each other its a tough choice.

Now that they have won I am delighted for Dublin - it will give people in the capital a great lift.

Advertisement