Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin v Kerry. All Ireland Football Final 2011 *** Mod Warning Post #647 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aarymark

congrats to dublin and pat gilroy seems a true gent theres only a kick of a ball between 5 or 6 teams atm roll on 2012

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm not a GAA fan but I loved the match today and was on the edge of my seat (and scared my poor mother when my father and I roared at the end!).

But Kerry can hold its head high because to create an epic match like that takes two epic teams. Kerry is surely bored winning it by now :)

Congrats to Dublin, such incredible heart. Its a joy to see it in any sport!!
    Couldnt have been a closer, better game.

DeV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

RJunior wrote: »
    Yeah, Donaghy wasn't the hard man when it really counted for his team.

what, like when he kicked a super point to level the game at the end? he had a good game today, calling him a tramp and saying he should have got a red card is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

[QUOTE=wow sierra;74474274As regards people in 31 counties wanting Dublin to win - I reckon most people around the country want anyone other than Dublin or Kerry to win. When they are playing each other its a tough choice.

Now that they have won I am delighted for Dublin - it will give people in the capital a great lift.[/QUOTE]

Not derailing the thread but the is no way 30 :) counties want Dublin to win, you only have to go by a lot of the earlier posts here to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

well donedublin and hard luck kerry.. enjoyable final felt kerrys defenders were poor to allow dublin walk throughto get there goal though it was such a soft goal :(

i have to say there are easily 4 or 5 teams that could win sam now its really close heres to 2012 and kildares new assault....

btw cluxton showed so much composure fantastic point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

bruschi wrote: »
    what, like when he kicked a super point to level the game at the end? he had a good game today, calling him a tramp and saying he should have got a red card is ridiculous.

I retracted my comment about him deserving a red card. Read the thread. Stand by him being a definite doubt in terms of lack of character and his ability to play within the spirit of the game mind you. Great point at the end. Pity for you he didn't properly step up during the rest of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

corny wrote: »
    Hard to call. I'd go for MD McCauley for a tremendous shift in attack and defence.

Just saw the Brennan incident again and i still can't see why he was carded. McCauley did the fouling and O' Sullivan fell into Brennan.

I think MD Mc c looks awfuL awkward though............and very slow at times... rekon Cluxton will get it............he looked very uncomfortable at the hotel when camera on him..

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Watching the Sunday game there and Cluxton wouldn't even crack a smile when they were congratulating him in the Burlington... Odd lad!

jesus lads dont insult the players who has a right to do that??

great day for football dont slur each others teams with namecalling its absolutely uncalled for..

felt donaghys point was EPIC to say the least

Nanoc wrote: »
    Watching the Sunday game there and Cluxton wouldn't even crack a smile when they were congratulating him in the Burlington... Odd lad!

Seen that :confused:

• Advertisement

I retracted my comment about him deserving a red card. Read the thread. Stand by the tramp comment mind you. Great point at the end. Pity for you he didn't properly step up during the rest of the game.

why is that? I'm not from Kerry? he had a good game, and played well. could have had a goal in the first half when he went in full forward, and probably should have taken on a goal in the second half. just because you call him a tramp doesnt mean he played bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Cluxton was my Man of the Match today.

But I'm just wondering, given his shy nature, if he does get the award on the Sunday Game later, will he be called upon to say a few words?

I wouldn't seem right to throw him into a situation he's not comfortable with, but I still think he deserves the accolade.

Nanoc wrote: »

not odd, intense and focused, and quiet. Needs a hug ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

fair play to dublin, thought it was going kerrys way after 60 minutes so when you consider dublins previous form in big games this is a huge result.showed a bit of guts that i didnt think they had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

the dublin defence have an avg age of 23 or something like it - the future looks like its blue:cool:

Maybe thats why he is the goalie as most times he at the back by himself :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

realies wrote: »
    Seen that :confused:

Still my new hero though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

why did he leave the pitch before they got the cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I retracted my comment about him deserving a red card. Read the thread. Stand by the tramp comment mind you. Great point at the end. Pity for you he didn't properly step up during the rest of the game.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056280122

Take a read of that. You cannot abuse a GAA player or official on this board. I'll forgo the infraction if you edit your post.

m.j.w wrote: »
    why did he leave the pitch before they got the cup?

Nah, he didnt left when the kerry team left...and thats after cup and speeches, but b4 lap of honour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

bruschi wrote: »
    why is that? I'm not from Kerry? he had a good game, and played well. could have had a goal in the first half when he went in full forward, and probably should have taken on a goal in the second half. just because you call him a tramp doesnt mean he played bad.

But didn't. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

sunday game just lashed the ref out of it, alot of poor calls for crucial scores against kerry. i dont think anybody can say he had a good game and didnt dictate the result.

sad that the game was decided by one man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

surferdudz wrote: »
    Nah, he didnt left when the kerry team left...and thats after cup and speeches, but b4 lap of honour

ah right I thought he left before it, did he lift the cup? i thought the kerry team left straight after the speech but before lifting the cup. wonder why he left early still

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

surferdudz wrote: »

Cluxton left the pitch almost immediately, when the camera went long range to look at cullen on the podium, you can see cluxton turning the corner in the tunnel, he then comes back out during the speech with no jersey, then goes back down with the kerry team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Cluxton is probably really shy, that doesn't mean he's odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Maybe the ref had a poor game but he didn't affect the result of the game IMO. He made mistakes on both sides,50/50 IMO. I thought the ref was no worse than any other refs this year.

the dublin defence have an avg age of 23 or something like it - the future looks like its blue:cool:
    hype killed dublins hope in the past... let them be ffs they could be rubbish next year:eek:

sunday game just lashed the ref out of it, alot of poor calls for crucial scores against kerry. i dont think anybody can say he had a good game and didnt dictate the result.

completley over the top reaction. the ref was poor I thought, and I also thought he gave Dublin soft frees. but to completley blame him for Kerry losing? no way.

Why not talk about the missed chances? the mis placed passes that cost at least a goal and 3. the terrible play by O sullivan in the whole of the Dublin goal. the ineffectiveness of O Leary, Walsh, and others. the constant handpassing across the middle third and aimless kicking in.

The game was there for Kerry, but they played poorly, and only have themselves to blame. yeah, the ref was poor, and got decisions wrong. but would no way agree that he was the reason Kerry lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

McQuillan has had many poor games this term. We knew that from the Tyrone game.

I dont think it is fair to say that he dictated the result. If Kerry were as good as their overwhelming favourites tag suggested, they should have blown Dublin out the gate.

Focusing on the ref is bitter. Remember, Kerry have had one or two good turns done for them in finals in the past.

• Advertisement

Kingdom wrote: »
    Cluxton left the pitch almost immediately, when the camera went long range to look at cullen on the podium, you can see cluxton turning the corner in the tunnel, he then comes back out during the speech with no jersey, then goes back down with the kerry team.

ah, thats when I saw him with his Dei&le top on...

I think it is a bit strange not to stay and take in the atmosphere with your teammates.. still hope he gets MOTM

Advertisement