Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rovers Away

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

"Rovers Away" From people living and from Ireland?I find this laughable.YOU ARE NOT FROM LONDON.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 paulymc

If you follow your team up and down the country,home and away most weekends your a proper football fan..

Thats how i see it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Guinny

The title of this thread should be renamed 'Rovers Away, but at Home in Ireland'

paulymc wrote: »
    If you follow your team up and down the country,home and away most weekends your a proper football fan..

Thats how i see it anyway
    No i think you have to be from the area or have strong connections
    but to be not even from the country?:eek:

Guinny wrote: »
    The title of this thread should be renamed 'Rovers Away, but at Home in Ireland'
    Yea spot on guinny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 paulymc

risteard7 wrote: »
    No i think you have to be from the area or have strong connections
    but to be not even from the country?:eek:

Im following Rovers since im six. Lived in Killinarden all my life,I was just lucky that they moved into a stadium in Tallaght..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Official:

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/2172-tallaght-gets-green-light-for-europa-league

Thursday, 08 September 2011 16:37

Shamrock Rovers will play our Europa League Group Stages at home in Tallaght Stadium, after the venue was given the go-ahead by UEFA this evening.

Following an inspection of the ground by UEFA officials on Tuesday, the association has today given the Hoops the green light to play at the Tallaght venue.

The first game will take place on Thursday, September 15 against Rubin Kazan, with a 6pm kick-off.

Hoops chairman, Jonathan Roche expressed the club’s delight at the news. He said: “It is wonderful news for us as a club, but also for the Tallaght area. We were pushing hard to have the games played at Tallaght, and are delighted that UEFA have given us the go-ahead.

“We are very grateful to the FAI - particularly chief executive, John Delaney and the licencing department – and to South Dublin County Council, for the great support and assistance they have given us to be able to have these games in Tallaght.”

John Delaney, Chief Executive of the FAI also welcomed the news, saying: “We are delighted to have been able to assist in this process and thank UEFA for this decision which will allow Shamrock Rovers to play their Europa League fixtures at their home venue.”

Ticket information will be available later this evening at www.shamrockrovers.ie.

paulymc wrote: »
    Im following Rovers since im six. Lived in Killinarden all my life,I was just lucky that they moved into a stadium in Tallaght..
    Thats fine your irish.Ive no problem with that.its the liverpool and man u jerseys in the pub on sundays that bugs me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

My eyes are bleeding from reading this thread. So I'm going to make a final point:

I was genuinely delighted for shamrock rovers when the qualified they had a tough few years with almost going under and it was real fairytale stuff.

Then then drew ourselves in the Europa League. The dream tie for the players I'm sure, I as chuffed too. Fast forward a couple of weeks and we get some asshat coming onto the forum talking **** about Barstoolers and so on. Bit of a tool but other rovers fans would surely condemn such muppetry.

But no, we proceed to get an alarming number of people coming into our forum to bitch and moan about who we support when it frankly has nothing to do with them. There is no wonder that there is such a dismissive attitude about the LOI when this is the way ya behave. I'm going to say it, I hope ya get f88kin slaughtered.

I now take my leave of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

This thread is going around in circles.

I honestly had hoped to leave it run and let the discussion play out. As its descending into handbags I'm not. Will reopen before the game so we can discuss the football - remember the game we all love.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement