Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rovers Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

vellocet wrote: »
    It isn't barstool garbage. The Rovers story is a phenomenon. From bankrupt and homeless 5 years ago to the group stages of the EL. The English press get it - the Guardian now have a Rovers section on their website. The Italian press and fans got it last year, as did the Serbs this year. The only people belittling the best supported Irish club side in any sport and their success are Irish barstoolers. The real Spurs fans will be more than welcome, patronising fools like you will not.
    where was i patronising? Where did i deny that the rovers story was a phenomenon? How am i belittling your success?
    Ive gone to 4 rovers games this year and not seen 4000 in attendance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭vellocet

mushykeogh wrote: »
    where was i patronising? Where did i deny that the rovers story was a phenomenon? How am i belittling your success?
    Ive gone to 4 rovers games this year and not seen 4000 in attendance.

What 4 games have you been to?

Your snide comment that Rovers can't get less than their average attendence was patronising. Worrying thing is that I don't think you even see that you were.

It promises to be a great game and a great occasion. But surely you can see why Rovers fans aren't happy with some Irish Spurs fans making demands so they can be accommodated at our expense?

What 4 games have you been to?
    Bray, Galway, ucd and either drogheda or dundalk, cant remember which!
    Your snide comment that Rovers can't get less than their average attendence was patronising. Worrying thing is that I don't think you even see that you were.

If i have attended a third of your home games so far and not seen 4000+ in attendance , how is that snide? thats my observation. Maybe iv got crap games, blame the nephew.
    It promises to be a great game and a great occasion. But surely you can see why Rovers fans aren't happy with some Irish Spurs fans making demands so they can be accommodated at our expense?
    I can see that, rovers can play it wherever they want, never had any issue with where rovers want to play their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Bray 2500 estimated
    Galway 2459
    UCD 2943
    Drogheda 2500 estimated
    Dundalk 2500 estimated

Bit shy of the 4,000 but respectable enough I suppose :)

If i have attended a third of your home games so far and not seen 4000+ in attendance , how is that snide? thats my observation. Maybe iv got crap games, blame the nephew.

I can see that, rovers can play it wherever they want, never had any issue with where rovers want to play their games.

Bray, Galway, UCD and Drogs? Do you think? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Give it a rest lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

This has been a funny read. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭overshoot

Bray 2500 estimated
    Galway 2459
    UCD 2943
    Drogheda 2500 estimated
    Dundalk 2500 estimated

Bit shy of the 4,000 but respectable enough I suppose :)
    i had a big reply to this but i left my computer in the middle, it timed out and lost it arrgh!
    so quick this time, me Finn Harps & Man Utd so neutal;)

the above teams are 4 of the bottom 5 in the league (bray 4th last being the other), and galway have lost 23 in a row now so yes very bad choices.
    SRFC v SRFC (shams (1st) v sligo (3rd)this friday, sligo need to win to stay in the title chase, judge the loi on that. will either be epic of or they will rip into each other (plus a big crowd)

finally id back tallagh for the atmosphere 10000 die hards for both sides in there (with bucket seats) will be far better (for those who get a ticket) than 30000 in aviva.

Tallaght done and dusted. Seating installed in carpark end of ground which brings stadium over 8,000 which is the requirement for 4* grounds with some further seating at square end planned.

Only tickets to away fans will be through the clubs, which is only fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Well i was there when Bray beat ye earlier on in the season and it was 2000 at a push.

I take it you understand the concept of an average attendance figure?

All: There has been no confirmation of decision from uefa yet. Should be soon hopefully.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    I take it you understand the concept of an average attendance figure?/QUOTE]

Yes. I also understand that you have 2000 season ticket holders that are always factored in to the attendance. So if 1 man and his dog go watch a game, the official attendance is then 2001 + 1 dog (dog didnt hold a season ticket).

Sweet mother of jaysus, i only posted once to reply to someone who implied rovers had 4000+ "die hard" supporters. Cleary the die hards only number about 2000! And far play to them, ive been to the carlisle grounds on some friday nights and you would be lucky to see 500!

My mate plays for bray, he informs me that even though they are fourth from bottom they are only one place from 6th and therefor are a top side!

Yes. I also understand that you have 2000 season ticket holders that are always factored in to the attendance. So if 1 man and his dog go watch a game, the official attendance is then 2001 + 1 dog (dog didnt hold a season ticket).

Sweet mother of jaysus, i only posted once to reply to someone who implied rovers had 4000+ "die hard" supporters. Cleary the die hards only number about 2000! And far play to them, ive been to the carlisle grounds on some friday nights and you would be lucky to see 500!

My mate plays for bray, he informs me that even though they are fourth from bottom they are only one place from 6th and therefor are a top side!

Sweet suffering jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 PerryRoko

It's 3000+ season ticket holders, and they dont count towards attendance unless they attend and their ticket's barcode is scanned upon entry to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I hear Tallaght has been confirmed, fair enough.
    Now with the politics out of the way, what about the football ?

I'm going for a 5 nil away win similar to the football lesson we dished out to Hearts.

Should be great craic around town on the day with a few hundred of my North London brothers.

Come on You Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Thank fuck for Tottenham's loyalty points scheme, that's all I'll say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I hear Tallaght has been confirmed, fair enough.
    Now with the politics out of the way, what about the football ?

I'm going for a 5 nil away win similar to the football lesson we dished out to Hearts.

Should be great craic around town on the day with a few hundred of my North London brothers.

Come on You Spurs

The Group should be done and dusted by the time we reach tallaght in december and with big games against chelsea and sunderland around then as well , the youth team will take to the field in tallafornia:D. It will be a non event really for us.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

At the risk of sounding overconfident I'd say spurs will have it well and truly sown up with Rovers fighting for third at best. In my honest opinion we'll play a second string team, I could even see Rovers taking something from the home game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dublintim

Delighted the game is in Tallaght and very few tickets if any will go on general sale. Spurs allocation will be sent to London so all the barstool yids on here can do what they do every other week and watch their beloved Spurs on TV:D. Oh and anyone thinking of wearing Spurs colours in the Rovers end, dont be silly, thats all I will say on the matter.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Thank fuck for Tottenham's loyalty points scheme, that's all I'll say.

Why would Spurs' loyalty points scheme bother you? Man I must say the Rovers fans coming on here have really left a sour taste in the mouth, I hope Spurs hammer the sh*te out of Rovers now. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dannyirishman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Why would Spurs' loyalty points scheme bother you? Man I must say the Rovers fans coming on here have really left a sour taste in the mouth, I hope Spurs hammer the sh*te out of Rovers now. COYS!

What's wrong with what he said? At least with the loyalty points and a small allocation the loyal spurs fans will still be able to go. This completely flushes out the glory hunting 'irish' supporters who now have to sit in with the rovers fans for 40 euro or watch it on tele like they are used to doing week in week out.
    Harsh words but facts. (.....awaits a negative reply)

• Advertisement

Dublintim wrote: »
    Delighted the game is in Tallaght and very few tickets if any will go on general sale. Spurs allocation will be sent to London so all the barstool yids on here can do what they do every other week and watch their beloved Spurs on TV:D. Oh and anyone thinking of wearing Spurs colours in the Rovers end, dont be silly, thats all I will say on the matter.:cool:

Dont worry, il be there, il be getting my ticket off a season ticket holder at rovers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 PerryRoko

Dont worry, il be there, il be getting my ticket off a season ticket holder at rovers!

Good man, will you be wearing your Spurs colours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What's wrong with what he said? At least with the loyalty points and a small allocation the loyal spurs fans will still be able to go. This completely flushes out the glory hunting 'irish' supporters who now have to sit in with the rovers fans for 40 euro or watch it on tele like they are used to doing week in week out.

Any Irish spurs fans found in the home end will be removed without a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

At least you'll be able to see the away support and see what real Spurs supporters look like. You can copy some of their chants to impress the lads down the local.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dublintim

PerryRoko wrote: »
    Good man, will you be wearing your Spurs colours?

If he does and he is in the Rovers end, he will be ejected from the ground by security. And thats only if he gets lucky.;) This isnt a GAA game, there will be strict segragation in Tallaght.

There is nothing wrong with the Spurs loyalty scheme, I think its great. In fact because of the scheme i got a ticket to Wembley for the cup semi final two seasons ago. It is the Rovers fans who came on here attacking our forum, with an agenda that has nothing to do with the match but an agenda against irish people who follow Premier League teams. I am tired of this argument at this stage tbh, enjoy your night and watch football how it should be played. COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Davey_spurs

ziedth wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding overconfident I'd say spurs will have it well and truly sown up with Rovers fighting for third at best. In my honest opinion we'll play a second string team, I could even see Rovers taking something from the home game.
    You are sounding a bit over confident, considering Redknapp will be playing a reserve strength team finishing 3rd is a real possibility...As a Rovers and Spurs fan I'm delighted we got the ok for Tallaght doubt any barstoolers will get tickets which is a good thing...

Dublintim wrote: »
    If he does and he is in the Rovers end, he will be ejected from the ground by security. And thats only if he gets lucky.;) This isnt a GAA game, there will be strict segragation in Tallaght.

Wow really!! and I thought we all sang together and changed shirts at the end :rolleyes:

You are sounding a bit over confident, considering Redknapp will be playing a reserve strength team finishing 3rd is a real possibility...As a Rovers and Spurs fan I'm delighted we got the ok for Tallaght doubt any barstoolers will get tickets which is a good thing...

Ah your first post on boards, welcome.

• Advertisement

Welcome mate, who you shouting for then? Also one quick question. You say you are a Spurs fan, do you travel over to the lane?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement