Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rovers Away

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RealFAN

As a Rovers fan, I'm just far too embarrassed to read all the posts on this thread, so I am glad to tell you all that its pretty much confirmed that all Rovers Europa League games will be in Tallaght :D, so only REAL fan's...that's us Hoops and actual Londoners, who will be coming over to see THEIR team play against the Hoops.

So now, go back to your barstool you complete and utter pathetic kn*bheads who say they are Irish...yet wear a jersey from England and call themselves "fans".

Enjoy watching 4,000+ Rovers fans cheer on THEIR team who they are proud to support from the terrace, and not the pub in White Hart Lane. Thankfully, its us who are flying the tricolour in europe and we can enjoy a pint with real Spurs fans over there and not thicks like you lot who are an embarrassment to the country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

RealFAN wrote: »
    As a Rovers fan, I'm just far too embarrassed to read all the posts on this thread, so I am glad to tell you all that its pretty much confirmed that all Rovers Europa League games will be in Tallaght :D, so only REAL fan's...that's us Hoops and actual Londoners, who will be coming over to see THEIR team play against the Hoops.

So now, go back to your barstool you complete and utter pathetic kn*bheads who say they are Irish...yet wear a jersey from England and call themselves "fans".

Enjoy watching 4,000+ Rovers fans cheer on THEIR team who they are proud to support from the terrace, and not the pub in White Hart Lane. Thankfully, its us who are flying the tricolour in europe and we can enjoy a pint with real Spurs fans over there and not thicks like you lot who are an embarrassment to the country!
    Soccer is an English sport you fool, less of the "proper Irishman" sh!te, especially if you play/support garrison games and the infiltration of British culture into Irish society in the guise of soccer... Not something I regard as negative to be clear, pluralist society and all that jazz, only absolute retards deride their fellow Irishmen as being "less Irish" for supporting an English club, that argument is ridiculous coming from a soccer fan.

Whats your definition of a "proper Irishman"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads don't encourage cretins like that by replying to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

4000 rovers fans? Wonder why they dont show up in tallaght every week to support their team?

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Soccer is an English sport you fool, less of the "proper Irishman" sh!te, especially if you play/support garrison games and the infiltration of British culture into Irish society in the guise of soccer... Not something I regard as negative to be clear, pluralist society and all that jazz, only absolute retards deride their fellow Irishmen as being "less Irish" for supporting an English club, that argument is ridiculous coming from a soccer fan.

Whats your definition of a "proper Irishman"?

LOL - talk about hypercritical...your user-name as "Wolf Tone"...please tell me who you "support"...Chelsea??? Dear God...Irish barstoolers have to be thee dumbest people on earth, any wonder why the Brits laugh at you lot as "fick paddies" with dopes like you going over every weekend adding to their coffers!

I laugh along with real fans in England who I have often met and discussed why Irish people jump on a plane and wrap themselves in the SKY hype of the EPL instead of bothering to even go to Rovers, Cork, Pats, Derry etc.

P.S. Please remind me again, what group are Celtic in Europa League?!
    SPL - Sh!te Pointless League!

NO SURRENDER TO THE GAA

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    4000 rovers fans? Wonder why they dont show up in tallaght every week to support their team?

Obviously you have never been to Tallaght, stay on your barstool fat boy, stick to what you know....i.e....nothing!

Lads don't encourage cretins like that by replying to them.

Recklessone - been oooh will I buy both the Spurs home and away jersey on the same day to show off in my local boozer. What sad little lives you twats lead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Isn't there some sort of rule like they have in the F.A. Cup, where a game can only be switched to another ground if the police recommend it or if the ground doesn't come up to scratch??

Surely Rovers will pass on both those counts

ziedth wrote: »
    Nice, go up and do some Christmas shopping and all.

I think I will make a banner from that, that is without any doubt, the typical Irish "saaacer fan" from the bog who has to have some other activity to deflect from the boredom from riding a sheep or swimming in silage!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Isn't there some sort of rule like they have in the F.A. Cup, where a game can only be switched to another ground if the police recommend it or if the ground doesn't come up to scratch??

Surely Rovers will pass on both those counts

Uefa Europe League.....F.A. Cup... I know its hard to understand...but hey...they are very different competitions pal. Its going to be in Tallaght and the real reason why... we dont need your money...out of spite, we HATE you c((nts and I dont mean Spurs, or their REAL fans, I mean the thicks in Ireland!!

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    harry will play the kids in this game as we got sunderland at home on the 18th Dec and chelsea 2 days later on the 20th Dec.

:rolleyes: oh sweet Jesus....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I don't actually know what to say, your not long for this forum RealFAN so I'll wish your team the best in the Europa League. I was genuinely ecstatic for Rovers when I saw them qualify. I hoped they'd get a big team and a bit of a pay out and they got ourselves which is not only good for your bank balance but it gives great fuel for the fire to the utter **** of a argument between LOI fans and these batstoolers you seem to have such a problem with. If the match is indeed to be played in Tallaght then I tip my hat too your club. It would be very easy to see the euro symbols in their eyes and go for the Aviva.

I have nothing but respect for LOI fans I see them week in and week out at Waterford United games and shouting with really nothing to play for only local pride and while I enjoy them I'm not ashamed to admit that if Waterford by some miracle got Spurs in a similar game I'd be screaming COYS all night long. Much like life you can't help who you love.

Some might say I love them too much as I get genuinely upset when they loose or worse when they win a big game and you can't see it. But it's all worth it for the few times a year I get too the lane. Each game I see the lead up has felt like a world cup final. I have the same routine on match day in London. Always the same pub for a pint and chipper for a burger. I saw Jurgen Klinnsman score 4 against Wimbeldon and Steven Carr score a 30 yard screamer against united.Memories that london based spurs fans have long forgotten but I will tell my grandchildren about. s it as noble as you and your fellow fans? No way! would I change if I could? not a chance.

Now, your attitude doesn't help your cause and you smack of teenage Internet warrior so I'm sure you'll come back (if you aren't banned that is) with the some abusive rampage strangely calling me a sheep shagger and what not. But try to keep in mind my friend you are representing your club and fellow rovers fans. Might not hurt to try and make your point with a little civility.

Anyhow. I have wasted far to much time on you already and I need to sleep before my hangover kicks in so I'll again wish you the best of luck in your coming season.

Recklessone - been oooh will I buy both the Spurs home and away jersey on the same day to show off in my local boozer. What sad little lives you twats lead :D

The only twat on display here is yourself, now stop embarrassing yourself and get ready for school starting back this week. I know it's only Foundation level but your Junior Cert is important regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Obviously you have never been to Tallaght, stay on your barstool fat boy, stick to what you know....i.e....nothing!

well, my brother is a season ticket holder with rovers so i bring my nephew to quite a few games, including the underage internationals that are played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

I don't think it's fair to single out the Spurs supporters --it could have been any (of 3) English clubs drawn against Shamrock Rovers. Just happened to be Spurs.

What is fair though, (unless they happen to be from London or to have lived there and formed a connection with the club) is to point out that these fans will never experience the joy of following a local club.

Their joys and sorrows are second-hand.

You can't replace the joys of following a local club.

So be tolerant. Let them piggy-back on the fortunes of a foreign club. Let them borrow the experience of being a real football supporter. If it makes them happy what's the harm? I know the Spurs boardroom are glad of their money...

And to turn all that on its head: what true Rovers fan would complain if loads of people overseas are captivated by the Shamrock Rovers story and become Rovers fans?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

texidub wrote: »
    What is fair though, (unless they happen to be from London or to have lived there and formed a connection with the club) is to point out that these fans will never experience the joy of following a local club.

Oh great, thank you, seems I qualify as a real fan now...any other rules I need to follow your honour? maybe my dad and granddad also had to support the club? maybe I have to go to X% of games per season?...come on, what other cop out excuse will you be able to imagine up to justify why you support the club you support?

Fucking sad sods, support your club and enjoy it, less of your "real" fans nonsense.

Mactard wrote: »
    any other rules I need to follow your honour?

No. You support a club that you have a genuine connection with. Well done. But I will be monitoring your actions in future to see whether you continue to comply with my rules. :D

Anyway, clearly my post wasn't aimed at the likes of you, was it dearie? So relax the cacks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Anyway, clearly my post wasn't aimed at the likes of you, was it dearie? So relax the cacks.

Missed the point then did you loveen?

I don't deem myself a spurs fan by your definition/regulation, i'm lumped in with every supporter here.

Anyway support your club like a real fan should.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

No. You support a club that you have a genuine connection with. Well done. But I will be monitoring your actions in future to see whether you continue to comply with my rules. :D

Who the hell are you to judge anyone though? This whole debate gives me heartburn. If someone is happy supporting Spurs,Arsenal or the New York Red Bullsl and have never even been to a game what way does that impact on your life?

ziedth wrote: »
    Who the hell are you to judge anyone though? This whole debate gives me heartburn. If someone is happy supporting Spurs,Arsenal or the New York Red Bullsl and have never even been to a game what way does that impact on your life?

I'm not judging anyone though.

Actually I wrote my post because I thought a previous poster was being too intolerant of Irish Spurs fans.

As I pointed out in my post... what true Rovers fan would complain if loads of people overseas were charmed by the Shamrock Rovers story and became fans of the club?

I also said "if it makes them happy" re: people supporting foreign teams. So we're pretty much in agreement.

I stand by my point though that those fans will rarely (if ever) experience the joys of supporting a local club. All their experiences are distant and second-hand.

That's not a judgment, it's a statement of fact.

But as I have said already it makes you happy it's no skin off my nose and no loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

But as I have said already it makes you happy it's no skin off my nose and no loss.
    It clearly is though if you're sad enough to come onto a forum, create a temporary username and give out to people you have never met nor have any connection with over something you have no interest in. I mean why bother? Is your life really that empty? I dunno... perhaps you should get a girlfriend or something.. It's like reading the comments under a YouTube video..
    G'luck anyway, I'm not gonna waste any more time with a loser like you, I hope this bring joy - however temporary - to your life.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Close the door on your wait out.

THFC wrote: »
    It clearly is though if you're sad enough to come onto a forum, create a temporary username and give out to people you have never met nor have any connection with over something you have no interest in. I mean why bother? Is your life really that empty? I dunno... perhaps you should get a girlfriend or something.. It's like reading the comments under a YouTube video..
    G'luck anyway, I'm not gonna waste any more time with a loser like you, I hope this bring joy - however temporary - to your life.

Yep. I snuck on to the forum in 2005 just in case Rovers drew Spurs in the Europa League in 2011 :D I just felt a bit bored today and thought this was an interesting enough topic.

If you re-read my initial post --it was addressed to the guy who was critcising Spurs fans, telling him to be tolerant and reminding him what he has that you don't have --the joy of supporting a local club.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. It's hard not to sound condescending when dealing with things that are so feckin' obvious.

It's hard not to sound condescending when dealing with things that are so feckin' obvious.

That's your opinion, and thats fine, but to come and start abusing spurs fans on a spurs forum is not on, im sure you'll agree.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    That's your opinion, and thats fine, but to come and start abusing spurs fans on a spurs forum is not on, im sure you'll agree.

I totally agree. That's why I was telling yer man to be tolerant! :)

It's also why I pointed out that any true Rovers fan would be delighted if loads of people overseas decided to become Rovers fans on the back of their Europa League group stages qualification.

But I will respond if I start getting sarky posts headed in my direction. And I don't think I was abusing anyone?

I reckon it is hard not to sound condescending on a topic like this --where the away game is closer to the fanbase than the home games...But I agree that it's hardly the end of the world :D It's all harmless stuff at the end of the day.

Enjoy the games. (But don't win in Tallaght ;))

I totally agree. That's why I was telling yer man to be tolerant! :)

It's also why I pointed out that any true Rovers fan would be delighted if loads of people overseas decided to become Rovers fans on the back of their Europa League group stages qualification.

But I will respond if I start getting sarky posts headed in my direction. And I don't think I was abusing anyone?

I reckon it is hard not to sound condescending on a topic like this --where the away game is closer to the fanbase than the home games...But I agree that it's hardly the end of the world :D It's all harmless stuff at the end of the day.

Enjoy the games. (But don't win in Tallaght ;))

The abusive piece was aimed towards the other poster..

Fair play to rovers, but I wont lose any sleep if it's in tallaght, The Aviva or RDS.... either way, good luck to you.

So what if the away game is closer to us , means nothing really...anyway, it's a conversation for somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

If it stays at Tallaght I've very little chance of a ticket but all the same they should do the right thing for their fans.
    You go to most of the games dont you? Surely Spurs would sort out their fans which travel from here to the UK week in week out?

How much is it in to White Hart Lane btw?

CiaranC wrote: »
    You go to most of the games dont you? Surely Spurs would sort out their fans which travel from here to the UK week in week out?

How much is it in to White Hart Lane btw?

There's no info yet re. the December game but I'm expecting Category C pricing so it will be £31 and £36 (lower and upper tiers) You might get all lower tier tickets , it certainly looked like Hearts had that for the qualifier.

All our away tickets are done on a loyalty scheme, I'm probably in the top 1500 of our season ticket holders based on the points system they use but I'm expecting heavy demand considering how far people have to travel for the other away ties. If I get in I'll be ecstatic, if not I'm sure I can find a barstool somewhere...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

mate get a grip, who are you to say who someone can support or not? I'm a spurs fan since the 88-89 season and a rovers fan since 1990 (season ticket holder) I hate this fukkin snobbery sh1t that come with being a loi fan. As if more people comming to the game would be a bad thing, might attract a few more supporters to the local game.

• Advertisement

Lads, the bloke won't be back to reply so best to leave it there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement