Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

played a match earlier tonight, what the hell did i miss :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Headshot wrote: »
    yes a chance

Ill be closing my account if I dont get my winnings, plain and simple

lol :rolleyes: It's the same as a shop not honoring their misprice for a laptop they priced €5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

ft9 wrote: »
    My account has just gone negative, I presume this means they cant get their hands on what ive withdrawn?

Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah but it should be negative the whole amount. I used to work in PayPal and any pending withdrawl you could stop within 24 hours for fraud reasons. Not sure what system PP use but suspect it's similar.
    Yeah that's what I find strange. The first half bet has been resettled, leaving me with a negative balance, but the second half winnings haven't been touched......... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Would closing my account make any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Why?

Is it not simple to see?

They made a mistake, not me. Whats stopping them again in the future doing this crap?

They could do this at any time they feel like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Why?
    Cause you see a price you like, you bet on it and win you should be paid
    I bet if I had lost I wouldn't have got my money back

You guys new to how bookies work then I take it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 madfistbt1

My accounts still suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Is it not simple to see?

They made a mistake, not me. Whats stopping them again in the future doing this crap?

I mean what's simple for me to see is that they made a genuine error and a few people tried to take advantage of it. They have themselves covered for this type of event which happens pretty often and so act accordingly.

They will only do this when odds are so obviously far out that its an obvious error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I dunno about anyone else but Im taking a fit of laughing at this all. Good craic imo

Is it not simple to see?

Again, the part that really bugs me is that they're probably pulling the odds they're giving out of their arses.

Fair enough, we all knew 30/1 (and higher) wasn't normal, but why should they now be allowed to just say "actually, we're now changing it to 1/10", or some schitt like that.

Well I know why... because their ToS is so vague that it covers pretty much anything.

Still feeling this was a mistake that THEY made and they should face the consequences.

I mean what's simple for me to see is that they made a genuine error and a few people tried to take advantage of it. They have themselves covered for this type of event which happens pretty often and so act accordingly.

They will only do this when odds are so obviously far out that its an obvious error.

They will be onto Joe tomorrow...

Derek! wrote: »
    Cause you see a price you like, you bet on it and win you should be paid
    I bet if I had lost I wouldn't have got my money back

I think you guys are being unbelievably naive tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I withdrew the 80 i had won off the palace bet, After that i got 100 off another accum, They've just taken the 80 out of that 100 so i'd say whoever withdrew to their bank account/paypal is well in the clear by now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

No matter what happens everyone who placed the bet should get a free bet matched to their stake because the bet WON. Palace actually did beat the +2 handicap (even if it should have been -2), mistake or no mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I think you guys are being unbelievably naive tbh
    All I'm sayin is if I bet on somethin and lost no matter what the odds I wouldn't get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Just to clarify, does having a negative account mean they can't access the money I withdrew? In which case, can they ask for it back?

For what this info is worth, I still have my winnings lying in my Paddy Power balance, which is the easiest place for them to take it from. Strange how they haven't hit me yet.

Im hoping my withdrawal of the HT bet beat the clock so to say.

Those whose accounts got suspended, how much did use win? Over the 1k mark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I withdrew my winnings straight away €1025.

My acc is now 999.25 quid negative.

Just went to put €5ew on a horse for the laugh and min deposit to place the bet is €1009.25.

So I reckon I'm home and hosed, they cant touch it, just never use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

there we go my account is negative

Im pretty sure im in the good now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

Im hoping my withdrawal of the HT bet beat the clock so to say.

Those whose accounts got suspended, how much did use win? Over the 1k mark?

Won 1,700 i think, went a bit overboard on, i wasn't expecting a payout.

there we go my account is negative

Im pretty sure im in the good now :)

I do genuinely hope you get away with it btw

Min deposit of over 1k, ah that gave me a right good laugh. Making my night all these stories.

Accounts suspended
    Negative balance
    Money still in account

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Just to clarify, does having a negative account mean they can't access the money I withdrew? In which case, can they ask for it back?

Yup. If they could have they would have canceled the withdrawl and put the money back into their account.

Your account going negative that fast to me seems like they have lost the funds.

What I think they will do is send an email requesting you pay back etc etc. If you don't they will send your details off to a collection agency who will annoy ye for awhile with phone calls and letters. Usually takes 45 days before they pass off your details.

Just tell the agency to F off.

Derek! wrote: »
    All I'm sayin is if I bet on somethin and lost no matter what the odds I wouldn't get a refund

yeah im guessing that would be the case and would be bad form from the bookie but im sure you could kick up a fuss. Again though, they will always cover themselves in their T and C for things like this, they simply have to be able to!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Just gone negative on my first Palace bet, waiting on them getting the 2nd one now. They aint getting it if it goes into my bank anywho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Is it not simple to see?

Do what crap exactly?

I honestly can't see what PP have done that's wrong apart from a typo?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Made 2 bets of €5 each
    One of them has been adjusted so i have now €-177 in my account.

Good luck getting that from me.

Point is that they had at least 45 minutes to see their mistake and void the bets
    If Crawley had managed to win 3-0 i could have kissed my stakes goodbye because no way in hell they would have voided those bets if they had turned out to be winners for PP.

Advertisement