Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

danbag1989 wrote: »
    Heya, what is HEAR??

Higher Education Access Route, for students from disadvantaged backgrounds. To qualify, your parents would have to be below a certain income level, and then there are a certain number of requirements to fulfill, like having a medical card, attending a DEIS school, living in certain areas and a few more. Their website is here!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wehwehweh

Its a tough call! I was very daunted by the whole idea of it at first aswell. still kinda am ha, butim enjoying the study (apart from irish lol) For you it seems Medicine merges all your interests together pharmacy, research, radiotherapy etc health disease etc. id put some serious thought into if i were you, but dont just do it cos it "makes sense", i mean at the end of the day it isnt an easy job, long hours dealing with lots of people of different dispositions etc maybe the first question you should ask yourself, due to the length of training, isnt "do i want to be a doctor" maybe you should start off with"do i want to be a med student" ??

I see what you mean! It would be a logical combination of everything i want to do, but still its totally different!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

Higher Education Access Route, for students from disadvantaged backgrounds. To qualify, your parents would have to be below a certain income level, and then there are a certain number of requirements to fulfill, like having a medical card, attending a DEIS school, living in certain areas and a few more. Their website is here!

Ah i see, wouldnt really apply to me was just curious. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

Wehwehweh wrote: »
    I see what you mean! It would be a logical combination of everything i want to do, but still its totally different!

Aye, greater than the sum of its parts kinda thing! Are you planning on going in off the LC, graduate entry, or mature entry? If you do decide its for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wehwehweh

Are you planning on going in off the LC, graduate entry, or mature entry? If you do decide its for you.

Well if i decide before February ill try go in off LC, if not ill do whatever other course and then if i decide to ill try graduate!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Enda Kenny

danbag1989 wrote: »
    Well I didnt know i wanted to be a doctor til i was 22! I trained and worked as an EMT, and the more i was taught about anatomy, psysiology, biochemistry etc, the more i knew about disease and injury the more i wanted to know. The ambulance service was great and i dont regret doing it at all, but i wanted to know more about medicine, more about the process of treating and managing patients etc, and concluded that medicine was the obvious choice, when i came to that conclusion it was like i always knew it ha. So here i am studying my LC at home and hoping to get into med next yr!

Stick with it. It's definitely worth it in the end. Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anthonybeta

anyone still looking for a group to get m**entry discount?
    if so, pm me.

ps. sorry for the clutter

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

anyone still looking for a group to get m**entry discount?
    if so, pm me.

ps. sorry for the clutter

hey if you cant find someone send me you full name and phone number and il add you to my group

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I know the HPAT must be done within 2 years of entry to Med.
    Can the LC be done at any stage?? ie not within 2 years of entry??

For instance could someone with a good LC from 2003 do his HPAT in 2012 and enter Med in 2012??

Or are there any further requirements???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone is doing the M*dentry Hpat workshop in Griffith College this weekend? I haven't gotten any information yet and u emailed a few days ago and they said I'd get info in a few days. Has anyone else heard anything?
    Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 fdmoy2011

Hey i was looking to sign up in the next week or so anyone have a group i can join? Or anyone who wants to start a new group?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭michaelm82803

fdmoy2011 wrote: »
    Hey i was looking to sign up in the next week or so anyone have a group i can join? Or anyone who wants to start a new group?

Hey, im hoping to do next weeks course in Dublin. Any chance i could start a group with you to get that 40% discount? Thanks! Im desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 country beat

My son wants to do the M**entry course next week, as well. Any chance of joining someone's group?

My son wants to do the M**entry course next week, as well. Any chance of joining someone's group?

I'd be thrilled to get in on that! Im doing the same one, just struggling to find someone to group up with! Would you be interested then?

michaelm82803, that would be great. Could you PM me your name and phone number as they're required for ordering and I'll PM you back the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jen2011

Anybody interested in joining a group/Can I join a group for the med-entry course?

Jen2011, I'm just about to pay for the Med****y course. If you PM me your name and phone number, i can include you and then PM you back the details

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fdmoy2011

Anyone have a group i can join?

Is there anyone who needs a group for the ******** course next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MedGirl17

Anyone looking to join up to get the group discount for Med Entry? I'd be looking to go for the January course in Cork. PM or reply here if you're interested!

• Advertisement

MedGirl17 wrote: »
    I haven't done the hpat before, but I'm looking for someone to get the group discount for med-entry too. I've been told it's the best one so might as well do that one if I'm going to do any!

Hey, would you be interested in making a group with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

please. everyone should know this if you want to do med entry.

you get 60% discount if you get your school counselor to write you a note.
    its on the med entry site (in small writing just before pressing group platinum)

it's really easy to avail of it, and is a bigger discount than group.
    i trust however you received an award or something similar to get the note.

good luck.

please. everyone should know this if you want to do med entry.

you get 60% discount if you get your school counselor to write you a note.
    its on the med entry site (in small writing just before pressing group platinum)

it's really easy to avail of it, and is a bigger discount than group.
    i trust however you received an award or something similar to get the note.

good luck.

Wheres this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Closet Monkey

i didn't know you could do that. awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ladyla

I can't find note thing. Would anyone want to join me for december med entry group discount for Dublin preferably! Send me a message and i will get back to you ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

Hi!

If you're repeating the HPAT, and only the HPAT, do you need to apply to the CAO again separately, or can you use the same CAO account as 2011? I'm slightly confused with regard to that!

Also, when does registration for the HPAT open?

Thank you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hi!

If you're repeating the HPAT, and only the HPAT, do you need to apply to the CAO again separately, or can you use the same CAO account as 2011? I'm slightly confused with regard to that!

Also, when does registration for the HPAT open?

Thank you:)

Moved to the HPAT thread.

You will need to apply to the CAO again and get a new CAO number. If you're not doing the Leaving Cert, you just tick the box that says you did the LC in a previous year.

Going by the HPAT website, it says the registrations open in early November and close on the 20th of January.

Wheres this now?

under: our activities,
    hpat scholarships.
    look in there and see what you're legible for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yvapra

Ladyla wrote: »
    I can't find note thing. Would anyone want to join me for december med entry group discount for Dublin preferably! Send me a message and i will get back to you ASAP.
    Would like to join as well
    Can you please reply

Advertisement