Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

NoHarm1994 wrote: »
    your thought pattern is clearly an integral part of your inner most self.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

I should really make a conscious effort to be less antagonistic :L

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Reznov, it is clear to me that you should be Philosopher, your thought pattern is so deep and clearly an integral part of your inner most self. The only thing is I see a desire for attention from within you, perhaps you are just an attention seeker? A **** stirrer? A COD fanatic? Whatever it is there are people that can help you! Dont feel that you are alone in this ;)

you-can-do-it.jpg

Having escaped from Vorkuta, you can imagine my mental health has been quite sub par. Based on the COD plot line, I am actually dead.

The words of Michael Jackson reminisce:
    "But you are not alone
    I am here with you
    Though we're far apart
    You're always in my heart
    But you are not alone

'Lone, 'lone
    Why, 'lone"

I hope you'll be there for me NoHarm1994. Your belief has inspired me, and breathes a certain confidence into my otherwise attention free life.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭spasmaster

drbtrenier wrote: »
    I know we cant know till results come out, but do you see people getting at least roughly the same scores? ie. those 2 who got over 200 doing very well, the person who got 97 still doing disastrously, etc.?

well last year some guy got around 200 in that course's test and improved to 216 in the real thing. anyone also do the ioe test?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

Yeah i did! did you find them alot easier than the real thing? :/

Yeah i did! did you find them alot easier than the real thing? :/

well the guy said that the mock was the hardest that they had given so far, i thought it was harder than the real one, but it was very different.
    did anyone else not get answers with the 5th sample paper?

• Advertisement

finality wrote: »

That conscious effort has failed me many times. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

spasmaster wrote: »
    well the guy said that the mock was the hardest that they had given so far, i thought it was harder than the real one, but it was very different.
    did anyone else not get answers with the 5th sample paper?

oh i found the mock really hard but the sample papers easier than the ioe mock and the hpat. No i didnt get answers to that one either! it was such a sickener after sitting the paper for 2 and a half hours to realise you dont have any answers:(

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

I get C's in English, cut me some slack ;)

I get C's in English, cut me some slack ;)

That changes not my affection for you. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Come to think of it does anyone recall using the 3/2 rule in Section 3? Having done them to death on Medantry, I think I only remember using it once in the real thing :P

• Advertisement

reznov wrote: »
    That changes not my affection for you. <3

Really! :')
    That's so sweet we should hook up <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Come to think of it does anyone recall using the 3/2 rule in Section 3? Having done them to death on Medantry, I think I only remember using it once in the real thing :P

What's the 3/2 rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

What's the 3/2 rule?

3 out of 2 people won't get into medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

^^^ hahaha

It's for pick the middles, when there's an alternating element it has to be ABABA.

when people say they did ******** do they mean they did the 2 day course or just the distance pakage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Paralysis

spasmaster wrote: »
    when people say they did ******** do they mean they did the 2 day course or just the distance pakage ?

Personally I did the 2 day course, but obviously I can't speak for the others!

I hated the pick the middle section! But if to be honest I do not remember. In fact, I may have used it once but afterwards realised my answer maybe incorrect. As good as the package is, it is really out of date and only worth it for section 3 I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

I have spent more time stalking this thread than studying this year

In 24 hours I will be in an awful state. I have got the Ben & Jerry's at the ready!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nomnomnomnom

speaking of study ... how much do ye medheads do everyday... go on, scare me:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I've spent the past month studying more or less from 11AM until the early hours of the next morning. Only two days until I can start crossing things off my timetable.

(Cue panicked LCers thinking i'm talking about the Leaving :P)

what are you studying for ?... that must take some serious will power ...kudos:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

speaking of study ... how much do ye medheads do everyday... go on, scare me:P

Its been a 13 hour day today so far, and I wouldn't consider stopping any time soon...

This madness only happens around exam time :P But you'd still want to like the subject to be able to spend this much time at it!

Edit: and now I'm not entirely sure if you mean LCs or people doing medicine...meh, scare tactics all round! :P

First year Pharmacy finals (Which shares a good bit of material with JF Med).

Nine exams and they're all more difficult than the LC. Fun times.

I agree with you there , you must have to love what your doing to spend 13 hrs studying... Im in LC now, glad to see i have so much to look forward too:D

ps good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

In 24 hours I will be in an awful state. I have got the Ben & Jerry's at the ready!!!!

This reminds me: go to tesco to get ben and jerrys in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

well repeated for medicine and half way through year realised i don't want to be a doctor, FML! science or law? have my hpat, 80th percentile last year, but think i may have gone down from last year, so would have no chance anyway.
    Anyone else having a change of heart?

jenny18 wrote: »
    well repeated for medicine and half way through year realised i don't want to be a doctor, FML! science or law? have my hpat, 80th percentile last year, but think i may have gone down from last year, so would have no chance anyway.
    Science and Law are pretty different. Just take a look at the exam papers to see what I mean.
    Science at TCD.
    Law at TCD.

For anyone interested, here's a few more random course's exam papers:
    Engineering.
    Medicine.
    Pharmacy.
    Dental science.

Obviously there's a lot more to all of these courses than exam papers and written exams but they give you the general idea of what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 daithioc

What way are the points working for med with the 25 extra for maths?

• Advertisement

This reminds me: go to tesco to get ben and jerrys in the morning!

Tomorrow night, we dine in hell. With chocolate chip cookie dough. Gerrup ya pup.
    jenny18 wrote: »

A heretic??:eek:

Ha just kidding Im starting to think Science wouldn't be a bad alternative as well. As my Dad says to me always "It is only the beginning not the end." You will get the right course for yourself eventually! :)

Advertisement