Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

leinster only had to hold out for 10 minutes, we have to hold another 7 hours or so..

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Anybody staying up?

i'll stay up til at least 1-2 am. hopefully they put the system up, and test it is working before sending on the emails.. so we could even be able to get our results before the emails even go out!

if nothing showing by 1-2 am i'll try and sleep but if i wake up in the middle of the night i'll be straight to my computer like a moth to a flame..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

Cant stand the wait yeah ill probs stay up till 2ish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

drbtrenier wrote: »
    Me too... Gonna thoroughly enjoy school if I've done well... but don't think I can go in if I've done badly and have to tell everyone I didn't get it. Might just not go in for a day or two if that's the case!!

Can't stand the thought of having to tell everyone I didn't get it. Uuuuuugh.

I'll stay up until about two and if they're still not up then I'll try to sleep. Try being the operative word there. :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I got the email for the results at 00:48 last year.

Looking that up gave me the heebie jeebies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭spasmaster

anyone looking before their college exams tomorrow? i'm gunna look after.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

those of you that didn't get medicine last year, are you happy with the college course you're in now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NMLB

2 questions
    1.) what percentile do people think you would have to be in to have a chance, I know it will all depend but in general?
    2.) Anyone who didnt get medicine in the last few years what courses did ye do and/or what path did you go down, and how happy were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

NMLB wrote: »
    2 questions
    1.) what percentile do people think you would have to be in to have a chance, I know it will all depend but in general?
    2.) Anyone who didnt get medicine in the last few years what courses did ye do and/or what path did you go down, and how happy were you?

1) As you know it really does depend, but generally you would have to be above the 80-85% to have a good chance.

2)I'm not one of the aforementioned people but from reading threads and talking to different people, courses like Biomedical Science in UCC, Human Health and Disease in Trinity and Physiotherapy are often mentioned.

• Advertisement

I'm finishing my first year of Dentistry now, and it's great! I mean, I reapplied for med, because that's what I really want to do, but it definitely won't be the end of the world if I have to stick with dentistry!

So if anyone is unhappy with their results, remember that it'll alllll be okay in the end!

(But hopefully nobody will be unhappy with their results and all 3 thousand applicants will get a place :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Good luck guys! I hope that no matter how you did, everyone else will do worse so you can all be in the 90th percentile and above. :)

Might stay up for the craic if the results don't come out too late, interested to see how much the scores rise by. I wonder how long it'll be until ACER confirm whether HPAT 2013 is gonna happen or not...

Slow Show wrote: »
    Might stay up for the craic if the results don't come out too late, interested to see how much the scores rise by. I wonder how long it'll be until ACER confirm whether HPAT 2013 is gonna happen or not...

Are you hoping to apply, Slow Show?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Trying to study but I can't stop thinking about these stupid results. Gonna fail LCVP next week because of it. :P

Dreading school tomorrow if this doesn't go well. :/

Oh God, school! I don't wanna go tell people I didn't get it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Are you hoping to apply, Slow Show?

Ah next year, perhaps, my mind has gone from changing every five minutes to every ten minutes so I'll see how it is when the time comes! Not the biggest fan of the HPAT, probably because I found out that all the medabees in my school have been preparing for it since the start of the year and I've just been like 'Sure it might not even be around next year, why bother?' >.>

Slow Show wrote: »
    Ah next year, perhaps, my mind has gone from changing every five minutes to every ten minutes so I'll see how it is when the time comes! Not the biggest fan of the HPAT, probably because I found out that all the medabees in my school have been preparing for it since the start of the year and I've just been like 'Sure it might not even be around next year, why bother?' >.>

Don't worry about people preparing already! You've still got a ridiculous amount of time to even consider thinking about beginning to start planning to prepare :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thread closed temporarily for clean up

**edit
    Thread re-opened

reznov banned for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Moderation is highly upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Good, now where was I? oh yeh duz any1 no when the results r released and how do i get them???

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Good, now where was I? oh yeh duz any1 no when the results r released and how do i get them???

Hollingr is going to flip out...:P

Ha we are going to get an email at around 12pm -2am with a link, which we put our email address into and hpat candidate number :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 shunter07

jumpguy wrote: »
    It's a bit tougher to predict since the HL maths bonus points will probably make the HPAT more important as the differentiating factor between med students, thus meaning doing well in the HPAT is more important. The amount of people putting medicine as their first choice has also risen on last year.

I reckon 75th percentile give or take 2% with a very strong LC (580/585-625) might see you scraping into medicine.

up 25 at least i reckon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Shiiiít, caught me before the delete. I don't want to be the cause of anyone having a panic attack which would be especially awkward if I was very wrong. :P

NoHarm1994 wrote: »
    Hollingr is going to flip out...:P

no point gettin angry at that one stick that finally broke the camels back!
    :pac:
    the truth is we have no idea when the results will be out this year we can only speculate on last years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Everyone chill out we aren't getting them for about 6 hours, watch a couple of movies or something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

cunty9 wrote: »
    im sooooo gonna get 135

I'm expecting to see 15/300. xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

I'm expecting to see 15/300. xD

i dont wanna go into school tomorrow.

i have a comparative question due and a bloody biology test.

bloody institute

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

I think they'll forgive you when you explain... Probably. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

It could be along night at this rate.....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

hollingr wrote: »
    the trolling has begun...

free advice: don't look at this thread for the next 24 hrs

What else am I supposed to do until 2 in the morning? Studying has already been crossed off the list. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 aineh

But at least if the hpat goes horribly we have time to consider other courses so we're not completely f****d in August!

Advertisement