Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

don't think it's an official thing, just mine wouldn't take more than 1000 books. The android version has taken 2000 so far (same files, just hoiked them into the right directory).

Shame you can't organise them, they are just in a lump.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Have been running the CM10 JCS 03/04 preview build for the last 3 weeks, and it's rock solid, little or no battery drain in sleep, automatic shutdown at 3% battery.
    Running Next 3D launcher, XBMC, tablet is flying.
    Would recommend anyone on CM9 to take the plunge, you won't regret it.
    Read this before you do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Still using WebOS on ours.. just wondering is it still possible to put the US kindle app on or has that door been shut?
    Can't find the app online anywhere to give it a go either.. any suggestions where to look?

Thanks..

z.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭The Mulk

zinzan wrote: »
    Still using WebOS on ours.. just wondering is it still possible to put the US kindle app on or has that door been shut?
    Can't find the app online anywhere to give it a go either.. any suggestions where to look?

Thanks..

z.

As far as i remember if you have impostah on your TP you can set your region as US and access the US app store and get it from there (it's been a while)

There a great automated toolkit for putting CM9/10 on it on rootzwiki "Touchpad Toolkit - Android automated installer." It took me about 10 minutes

http://http://rootzwiki.com/topic/39264-touchpad-toolkit-android-automated-installer/

Try this link, (I can't always post them in work)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Have been running the CM10 JCS 03/04 preview build for the last 3 weeks, and it's rock solid, little or no battery drain in sleep, automatic shutdown at 3% battery.
    Running Next 3D launcher, XBMC, tablet is flying.
    Would recommend anyone on CM9 to take the plunge, you won't regret it.
    Read this before you do anything.

Cheers for that, had been putting it off as CM9 was working fine. On CM10 now and was able to install it over CM9 so didn't need to reinstall all the apps or anything. Early days yet but seems ok so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The missus is away this weekend so in between Far Cry 3 and beers this could very likely be my Saturday project.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

The missus is away this weekend so in between Far Cry 3 and beers this could very likely be my Saturday project.

Have to say I'm very pleased with CM10, it's certainly smoother graphics-wise compared to CM9 but the main improvement I noticed is that it regains a wifi connection almost instantly when it's wakes up from the screen being off. Battery life looks good as well so all in all, a worthwhile upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

MY USB charger for the Touchpad gave up the ghost yesterday. Anyone know where I can get a new one?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

try a mobile microusb charger. leave it overnight. works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Anyone know if a case for a galaxy tab 10" would fit the touchpad?
    like this:
    http://dx.com/p/protective-pu-leather-case-for-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-p7510-white-111761

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭xbox360

Can anyone tell me if the Hp touchpad touchstone will work with the galaxy s3 copper coil trick?
    I've ordered a touchstone off eBay so interested to know if it would work.
    The connection on my touchpad has broken so I can't charge by cable =-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

I don't know xbox but my touchpad no longer charges on the touchstone for some reason and my other touchpad is dead as a dodo so can't check if it's the touchstone or touchpad

it has been explained to death on the charging issue. use a micro-usb charger such as a phone charger to charge your devices. leave them overnight. hp touchpad once discharged will not take charge from original charger but instead requires charger of less amperage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

I've CM9 on my TP and want to load up a few movies to keep the kids amused on a long flight soon. What would people recommend as a media player these days?
    I think I had MX Player when I first put Android on it. Is there anything less power hungry, or better, or more versatile?
    What battery life can I expect decoding and watching movies?
    TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

milltown wrote: »
    I've CM9 on my TP and want to load up a few movies to keep the kids amused on a long flight soon. What would people recommend as a media player these days?
    I think I had MX Player when I first put Android on it. Is there anything less power hungry, or better, or more versatile?
    What battery life can I expect decoding and watching movies?
    TIA.

I use VLC for android beta on the TP, works a treat. Plays everything and seems light enough on the battery. Kept my 8 year old occupied on a flight to Bangkok a few weeks ago :-)

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Got this email today...

Mandatory webOS system update
    A certificate used on webOS devices expires on July 23, 2013. For the system to be able to use cloud services such as Backup/Restore and App Catalog the certificate needs to be updated.

Beginning June 6th an automatic update to the Application Catalog has replaced the certificate. That means that if your device is running webOS “2.1” or greater you can have the certificate installed automatically by activating your device and accepting the update.

If your device is running a webOS version older than “2.1”, or you want to manually install, go to the HP App Catalog on your device and select the app called “App Catalog Update”, download and install it on your system.
    To install the new certificate, download and install this application.

After July 23rd, 2013, it will be necessary to take special steps to install this update. Details will be available on the HP support site (http://email.hpwebosnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/t/hBkJC0dBIA80PTn04Cpr0G5)
    We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

webOS Team

Anyone done this yet?

Do I need to do it if I only use Android on the TP?

Thanks guys!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I haven't got the email yet, but when I went to play around with webos a few weeks ago I was prompted to download an update that is similar to this.

Unfortunately everytime I went to install it, it failed.

I can't imagine it's necessary for any android installs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

I think I'm still on 3.0.5, any updates after this? I disabled the updates because they kept overwriting my custom settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Lads, my HP touchpad charger has gone missing and all of my other chargers are giving the usual warnings. Has anyone on here found a good replacement for the original, that charges it without giving the warning?

• Advertisement

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Lads, my HP touchpad charger has gone missing and all of my other chargers are giving the usual warnings. Has anyone on here found a good replacement for the original, that charges it without giving the warning?

Mine can charge from the USB plug that came with my mobile wifi.

Check out ebay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ESSENTIALS-FOR-HP-TOUCHPAD-ALL-YOU-NEED-/310703989245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&var=&hash=item485766a1fd

digimania11 is the seller if the above link doesn't work, don't now how reliable the seller is.

A friend had a 2A usb charger, HP branded too, and its still giving the warning :(

loooks like i have broken my touchpad last night....

it fell on the carpeted floor. it seemed fine but the i noticed the volume rocker and lock button were not working.....Checked it today to find its not charging - Balls!
    Is there anyway of getting this fixed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    A friend had a 2A usb charger, HP branded too, and its still giving the warning :(

AFAIK the cable itself has extra pins in it that the Touchpad can detect to see if it's an official charger cable or not. So you need the official cable to get rid of the warning, but that would then work ok with any USB plug.

stevenmu wrote: »
    AFAIK the cable itself has extra pins in it that the Touchpad can detect to see if it's an official charger cable or not. So you need the official cable to get rid of the warning, but that would then work ok with any USB plug.

Yeah, you need a cable capable of charging and syncing at the same time, a USB cable from a HTC phone worked for me, or I heard a Blackberry cable will work too.

I was using the original charger just not the original plug :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gyro_Gearloose

I'm selling a HP TouchPad 32GB WiFi + Original HP Cover in case anybody here is interested. PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

The Mulk wrote: »
    Yeah, you need a cable capable of charging and syncing at the same time, a USB cable from a HTC phone worked for me, or I heard a Blackberry cable will work too.

I can confirm that the blackberry cables work. My HP cable gave up the ghost within a few months. The blackberry one has been going strong for 18 months now.

Any know if the warranty on these touch-pads were 12 months or 24 months?

Apparently the one I have is out of warranty since November and they want 245 GBP + VAT to replace....i'd get a nexus 10 for that price!!

• Advertisement

blackberry works fine. warranty? the product has been discontinued. http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/73593-unofficial-cm101jelly-bean-rom-released/ only way forward. best tablet on the market with android

Advertisement