Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Took me a min to get the Teamshadowclan thing.. A good choice - commited poster and a level head!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Right lads, over the last few 10 years Ive grown accustomed to wearing baggy fit jeans, mainly Topman worker style jeans with combat pockets. Over the last year topman and other retailers have gone the way of only stocking slim fit, skinny or skin tight jeans. These arent for me and I need new jeans. Any suggestions?

I can change with the times, skinny jeans look stupid on lads IMO and I just wanna keep my style, any suggestions of shops or websites?

I'm in the same boat. I was always in the topman flares. They were awesome. But I've found the comfiest by far are the River Island boot cut ones. They're like 50 quid or so, so a bit more expensive than the topmwn ones, but welllnworth it.

[/PantsKnowledge]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

7kou4Oy.jpg

Soooo glad I bet on Germany.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I missed the game, but how bad were Portugal?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Angron wrote: »
    I missed the game, but how bad were Portugal?

Terribly bad, 3-0 down before half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Germany just murdered Portugal. That was supposed to be a tough game so it's now hard to see them conceding, let alone dropping points. Probably Russia then France in the next two rounds so a pretty handy run to the semi's.

Can only imagine the scoreline had it been against Ireland instead of Portugal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Germany is a funny old place, announcement I heard (translated into English) in full as I made my way home in Munich:
    All trains are delayed due to the football

I thought the World cup was on in Brazil!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They obviously meant the big Connacht Semi-Final on Saturday. The Germans have been discussing Galway's chances of a Connacht title for the last few weeks non-stop, causing a traffic nightmare specifically in the Berlin and Düsseldorf regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭kksaints

Germany is a funny old place, announcement I heard (translated into English) in full as I made my way home in Munich:

I thought the World cup was on in Brazil!?!

World Cup Fever. All the trains delayed because the drivers wanted to watch the game.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hopefully it wasn't to watch the game just on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well this is interesting....

Congrats and good luck

Just curious, how are Boards.ie Moderators picked? Always wondered that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Nothing like having a do it yourself hair cut at this time of time

D.I.Y haircuts can be either good or bad, depending on experience with cutting hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Just curious, how are Boards.ie Moderators picked? Always wondered that.
    Garda vetting and a quick google search to make sure you aren't a sex offender.

Huh and here i was thinking it was decided on a game of rock, paper, scissors, or envelopes full of cash being passed around

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    D.I.Y haircuts can be either good or bad, depending on experience with cutting hair.

Just a no.4 all over. Thinning in the front.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah jeez, there's always a line

14438775522_2bb0852f31_o.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

USA! USA! USA!

WE SHOWED THOSE FOREIGNER'S HOW TO PLAY FOOSBALL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Last time I went for a haircut it was a bit of a farce. I usually just ask for a trim/tidy up/short back and sides which is always met with a 'how much off/how short?' which I never know how to answer, 'um, a bit... not too much, not too short... have you a ruler? maybe little less than a half inch? :confused:

Anyway, the guy took a minimal amount off and didn't look like I'd even had a cut. Rather than ask for more I just nervously said thanks and left.

• Advertisement

Last time I went for a haircut it was a bit of a farce. I usually just ask for a trim/tidy up/short back and sides which is always met with a 'how much off/how short?' which I never know how to answer, 'um, a bit... not too much, not too short... have you a ruler? maybe little less than a half inch? :confused:

Anyway, the guy took a minimal amount off and didn't look like I'd even had a cut. Rather than ask for more I just nervously said thanks and left.
    I hate when that happens. Sort why I started doing it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

2 things to note.... this thread is nearly done..... so many memories over the past year!

Also all hail Lord TSC! Oh spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hehe, since I got a free name change, I went with Lord TSC. TSC itself was gone, and there's already a soccer mod with "King" in his name. And it goes with my new avatar pick...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh right. Double post.

Had my endoscopy today. And while I was out, they looked at my throat, saw the problem and decided to stick a balloon down as well to stretch it out and "fix" the issue :p So I am feeling shakey as **** right now....

Can anybody understand a word that Ossie Ardilles is saying? :confused:

Kinda. It doesn't help that he seems to rush his words though.

What an awful call.

Yeah. I think his English is pretty good, it's just his pronunciation and he speaks 90 miles an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hehe, since I got a free name change, I went with Lord TSC. TSC itself was gone, and there's already a soccer mod with "King" in his name. And it goes with my new avatar pick...

Hope you don't expect us to start calling you "your Lordship".
    Oh and congrats on the modship.

I hope no one had put money on Spain for the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Glad to see them gone, sensational team, but **** it, their style of play and smugness bored me senseless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement