Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

People drop off for various reasons on here. Sad when it happens but it's just how forums work.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

People drop off for various reasons on here. Sad when it happens but it's just how forums work.

Or life gets in the way and they don't have to time to post

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gonna miss GTR63 he was a good poster!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Just noticed GTR63 has also closed there account. So bombidol , Walt and he have now closed recently. Whatsupwiththat?

Oh man, sad days. Perhaps it's re-evaluating free time after exams. He'll be missed. Excellent poster and all-round lovely chap. Also my #1 valentine's match :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Does anyone have contact with with these lads outside boards.
    What ever happened to Gerard c? I know he left the country and was never heard of again

• Advertisement

GTR closed his account a few weeks back lads. He's on twitter (and very good on there). Dunno about Ger C or Flah though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Did Vince(all the numbers) depart here also?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Lads its an internet forum. People wont be on here forever as life SHOULD take preference. I know some people will still be here a decade down the line posting away on boards pro wrestling and after hours, as there is some people still posting here with join dates of 1999 etc. but they are the exceptions...

I know that once I graduate at the end of the year (1.1 in software development, please), and land a job at home or foreign soon after, ill probably close my boards account and only lurk bargain alerts should I still live in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Yeah but sometimes you come to respect and appreciate some user's opinions on things and then they go away and you wonder 'hey, what happened to them they were sound on some stuff'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Never understood the idea with closing the account. Don't want to use it? Don't log in. Closing it seems a bit extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I always see closing an account as the poster having some sort of falling out with a mod or another poster. Id always leave my account open just in case I wanted to use it occasionally in the future

Digitalism if you devote enough time to something with other people you'll get to know them a bit, say a knowledgeable young man like rovert or a humourous Diabhal Beag (lucky for you reader), and you'll feel a sense of loss no matter how small when they no longer are around. Not saying you go fly flags at half mast or anything but it's a worse off place when guys like walt aren't around.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Like i said, maybe those whose names are in the title thread, maybe life got in the way, who knows they might be back (Can a closed account be reopened or what?) OR they might come back under a different username

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, you can't re-open a closed account to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR closed his account a few weeks back lads. He's on twitter (and very good on there). Dunno about Ger C or Flah though.

I thought Flah came back under another name

It is shame to lose any of pw boardies, I just hope all in real life is well with them whatever their reasons for leaving is

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well this is interesting....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You look different somehow.... Have you lost weight?

New haircut :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Have you gotten taller?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

New glasses? :)

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    New glasses? :)

He probably misses his old glasses!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He stole my glasses the b*llocks.

my 14,000 post used calling TSC a bollocks... I could think of many many worse ways to use it :pac:

Right lads, over the last few 10 years Ive grown accustomed to wearing baggy fit jeans, mainly Topman worker style jeans with combat pockets. Over the last year topman and other retailers have gone the way of only stocking slim fit, skinny or skin tight jeans. These arent for me and I need new jeans. Any suggestions?

I can change with the times, skinny jeans look stupid on lads IMO and I just wanna keep my style, any suggestions of shops or websites?

He stole my glasses the b*llocks.

my 14,000 post used calling TSC a bollocks... I could think of many many worse ways to use it :pac:

Banned!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I can change with teh times, skinny jeans look stupid on lads IMO and I just wanna keep my style, any suggestions of shops or websites?

I feel your pain. Everywhere is sticking out these stupid looking jeans. I'm never out of just plain and normal fit jeans but they're getting hard to find. Marks and Spencer's jeans are grand though but with the warm weather I'm transitioning to shorts for a while even though it pains me do do so.

You not going for the Batista skinny jean look? :P

G-Starr jeans seem to be alright but they can be around €120, where as the most Id like to spend would be €60 per pair. I think Id look as ridiculous as Big Dave and Id defo split them.

How lads where the skin tight jeans Ill never know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I find skinny jeans to be the most comfortable style of jeans to wear, and I'm not skin and bones. I have some some bulk to me (not fat!! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Any decent online clothes shops that deliver to Dublin and don't cost a fortune? I really need clothes but hate actually going shopping cause people annoy me really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

G-Starr jeans seem to be alright but they can be around €120, where as the most Id like to spend would be €60 per pair. I think Id look as ridiculous as Big Dave and Id defo split them.

How lads where the skin tight jeans Ill never know

Burton and Next both have bootcut and relaxed cut jeans.

As well as skinny if you want to go Paul Galvin or Batista style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Right lads, over the last few 10 years Ive grown accustomed to wearing baggy fit jeans, mainly Topman worker style jeans with combat pockets. Over the last year topman and other retailers have gone the way of only stocking slim fit, skinny or skin tight jeans. These arent for me and I need new jeans. Any suggestions?

I can change with the times, skinny jeans look stupid on lads IMO and I just wanna keep my style, any suggestions of shops or websites?

I had the exact same problem, I can't do skinny jeans and find them uncomfortable as hell. I went into Topman one day to ask for straight line and was laughed out the door!

Next came to the rescue however, they still stock different style jeans including my beloved straight line. It's worth popping in and having a look. Pennies also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement