Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hugh Jackman's guest hosting of Raw was mentioned on Xpose,the TV3 celebrity trash show,Dolph Ziggler was also given a mention,but there was no love for Zack Ryder!

Just the kind of mainstream media attention that WWE were hoping for I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Please tell me you always watch Fade Street and you can be my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Hugh Jackman's guest hosting of Raw was mentioned on Xpose,the TV3 celebrity trash show,Dolph Ziggler was also given a mention,but there was no love for Zack Ryder!

It baffles me why someone would watch Xpose on TV3 at 6:30pm when Home and Away is on RTE2 at the same time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sad news
    http://remhq.com/news_story.php?id=1446

Havent given a monkeys since Reveal but it was still nice to hear they were still around
    Please tell me you always watch Fade Street and you can be my friend.

I watch Fade Street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damn, easily one of the best gigs of my life was REM on my 18th birthday in The Point. Great band that always put me in a good mood.

• Advertisement

Sometimes you have to take the break-up of a band with the same pinch of salt as a wrestler retiring - likely they will make a comeback in the future.

Charisteas wrote: »
    It baffles me why someone would watch Xpose on TV3 at 6:30pm when Home and Away is on RTE2 at the same time!

The sister was watching it,and anyways I sky plus Home and Away so I can watch it at my leisure!

The talent on Home and Away is very over-rated.

rovert wrote: »
    I watch Fade Street

Since when?

Since when?

When I was in the Stellar offices the odd day waiting for a friend to go to lunch with my the previous summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The talent on Home and Away is very over-rated.

:eek::eek::eek: I'd like the see the girls that would actually impress you then.

Any excuse :pac:
    Rhiannon+Fish+Hall+Pass+Sydney+Premiere+4TysKrmy5XXl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,698 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charisteas wrote: »

Xspose is on at 6

REM is ending :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

To Martha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Boo ^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Guinness is quite possibly the most disgusting drink in thee world, utter filth.

So no **** you Arthur for inventing it:o

Boo indeed to a drinks company actually having an annual Birthday celebration, heck not even Coca 'we invented Santa Claus' Cola celebrate their own birthday every year.

I take my hat off to the marketing team though, there seems to be plenty of people in town lapping it up.

Speaking of plenty of people in town, if you're not busy tomorrow then I highly recommend checking out Culture Night, hundreds of attractions (indoor and outdoor) are open for free for one night only.

Last year I went to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells and the famous library, nothing special but it usually costs around tenner to see it on any other night of the year.

Not sure what i'll do tomorrow, i'm thinking maybe visit the St Patricks Cathedral and then the Leprechaun museum.

I only went out for Arthur's Day because I have some facet of social cred.

Had one pint at the local earlier as my mates were there. Hit the vodka pretty hard at home after. *hick*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The Committee room series is over & rté never once teased a Marty heel turn what a waste. I was hoping him, Diugnan, Farrell & Lyster would form into a heel kliq & take out the annoying Des Cahill on the Sunday game, a doomsday device on des would be tv moment of the year without question

I saw a man wearing the CM Punk t-shirt in Salthill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

GTR63 wrote: »
    The Committee room series is over & rté never once teased a Marty heel turn what a waste. I was hoping him, Diugnan, Farrell & Lyster would form into a heel kliq & take out the annoying Des Cahill on the Sunday game, a doomsday device on des would be tv moment of the year without question

Twould take a shtrong man to lift him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,698 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow went over the 10,000 posts and didnt even realise, god I post some sh*te :o:p

Was pints of Guinness free or cheap yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Went to see Warrior last night. Holy balls it was awesome. I have no doubts about Tom Hardy playing Bane anymore, he looks like an absolute beast. Nick Nolte deserves an award for actually making me feel upset watching a scene. Kurt Angle plays a russian MMA Fighter and completely looks the part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Went to see Warrior last night. Holy balls it was awesome. I have no doubts about Tom Hardy playing Bane anymore, he looks like an absolute beast. Nick Nolte deserves an award for actually making me feel upset watching a scene. Kurt Angle plays a russian MMA Fighter and completely looks the part.

Is it legit good or Rocky good, as in so cheesy its great craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

flahavaj wrote: »
    Bit of both tbh. It'll be remembered for Nick Nolte's performance and for being a great film for 2011, but the best way to describe it is the Rocky of MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

flahavaj wrote: »

film of the year hands down for me way better than the fighter

also watched drive i'd recommend it also

Saw a guy wearing a Santino shirt when I was out drinking last night in town,looked normal enough too and his bird was fairly hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bit of both tbh. It'll be remembered for Nick Nolte's performance and for being a great film for 2011, but the best way to describe it is the Rocky of MMA.

Glad to hear its Great but whenever I hear Nick Nolte's name I always think of Gary Busey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Nevermind is 20 years old today:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Nevermind is 20 years old today:eek:

I just got a bootleg of their 1991 Cork gig yesterday and it's great quality. Would love to have seen them live.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement