Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Manic2 wrote: »
    I just finished writing the draft of my eggs one, when it's corrected I'll write it in and I'm FREEEEE! :D
    When writing the drafts I made sure they were done to perfection so I wouldn't have to do them again. :)

My teacher was obsessed over that eggs one. I can tell you anything about eggs now I'm serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I am horribly hung over. Stupid vodka, why do you have to be so uncool about everything. Now I have to study feeling like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I am horribly hung over. Stupid vodka, why do you have to be so uncool about everything. Now I have to study feeling like ****.

Agreed, the lesson is, friday nights are better

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Cian A wrote: »
    Agreed, the lesson is, friday nights are better

just wait till next year when every night is better ;):D

oh the dream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Do the table with the mixer, cost, wattage and features. Then say uses and suitable dishes like blending soups, pureeing etc then do your criteria!
    You are a life saver. Thank! :D I might actually have some home in finishing it now!
    Manic2 wrote: »
    I just finished writing the draft of my eggs one, when it's corrected I'll write it in and I'm FREEEEE! :D
    When writing the drafts I made sure they were done to perfection so I wouldn't have to do them again. :)
    You're so lucky. Our teacher always just, told us what's wrong in our drafts but never told us how to correct it. Like, she'll highlight an entire paragraph and just put, "wrong" next to it. Even when we ask she hardly tells us! :mad:

• Advertisement

You are a life saver. Thank! :D I might actually have some home in finishing it now!

You're so lucky. Our teacher always just, told us what's wrong in our drafts but never told us how to correct it. Like, she'll highlight an entire paragraph and just put, "wrong" next to it. Even when we ask she hardly tells us! :mad:

No problem :) good luck! And don't worry, my journal is craaaap. Have to study my ass off now to make sure I do well in the written! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I have to do an essay about my childhood memories, dull dull dull. So not doing personal essays in the exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hate leaving homework until sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Shouldn't have left homework until today.
    Full HomeEc exam paper, Geography geo-ecology essay, English comprehension, Business exam question and maths questions. :(

Would anyone else consider eating every 20 minutes their most employed method of procrastination?

• Advertisement

I literally just spent over 2 hours trying to get my stupid printer to print out 8 pages. Oh my god I nearly went mad. Now for a shower!
    After that it's dinner and more home ec.
    Oh the joys..

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Just had my first Leaving Cert meltdown....
    Don't get along great with my mother and when it comes to school and study I prefer to be left alone to do it myself. Her on the other hand prefers to remind me every 5 mins how much homework I have, and I know she's only trying to help but she constantly says I wont get enough points for college, will be living at home working in Tesco or that I'll end up on the dole. Now my french teacher has been out sick 3 weeks and is retiring very soon which has backed up her points as I'm really worried :( Completely broke down!!

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Just had my first Leaving Cert meltdown....
    Don't get along great with my mother and when it comes to school and study I prefer to be left alone to do it myself. Her on the other hand prefers to remind me every 5 mins how much homework I have, and I know she's only trying to help but she constantly says I wont get enough points for college, will be living at home working in Tesco or that I'll end up on the dole. Now my french teacher has been out sick 3 weeks and is retiring very soon which has backed up her points as I'm really worried :( Completely broke down!!

Either talk to her calmly and tell her that you're old enough to have the responsibility to do your own work, and that it's your future and you're the one responsible for it. If that doesn't work and she's still at you, I suggest going to your nan's to study. :) Or maybe, if you/a friend drives, start going to the library? There has to be somewhere nice and quiet where you can get some good work done without her nagging. After school study maybe?

dar-thursday-24.jpg?w=499&h=501
    copied from ylyl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I study facing out the window to the green, there are like 6 trillion crows all flying really close to the window. I feel like I'm living in the Birds. And I've been here for ages and I'm really bored now but I want to do a few more chem equilibrium questions and a frost essay :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I study facing out the window to the green, there are like 6 trillion crows all flying really close to the window. I feel like I'm living in the Birds. And I've been here for ages and I'm really bored now but I want to do a few more chem equilibrium questions and a frost essay :/

eh...sylvia plath much?! :D

TCD or UCD? in general like which would you choose?

Siobhnk wrote: »
    TCD or UCD? in general like which would you choose?

Are you in Dublin? UCD have more courses so it'd be more likely I would end up there, also they have a nicer campus, more facilities and societies and is slightly closer to me (same bus route though). Where TCD is a better rated university and is located in the centre of town (handy for killing time).For me it comes down to the course but where both have the same course I think TCD might edge it.

Are you in Dublin? UCD have more courses so it'd be more likely I would end up there, also they have a nicer campus, more facilities and societies and is slightly closer to me (same bus route though). Where TCD is a better rated university and is located in the centre of town (handy for killing time).For me it comes down to the course but where both have the same course I think TCD might edge it.

Meath! :) yeah I'm really confused :S I want to do something like nursing, and people are saying for nursing go to UCD. But there's no beating Trinitys reputation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

The course i want was 390 last year, so really I need 420 to be safe. I know it's well within my range, but knowing that makes me think I don't need to study :( anyone else have that problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I haven't opened my bag since last Wednesday. :)
    Bring on 5 points come next August!

13spanner wrote: »
    The course i want was 390 last year, so really I need 420 to be safe. I know it's well within my range, but knowing that makes me think I don't need to study :( anyone else have that problem?

I am Very comfortable getting 400-500 where most of my choices lie, so there's little incentive to do anything.

Double PE tomorrow. FML. Only two more weeks of this nonsene though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Namlub wrote: »

Any chance of swapping with you? :pac:

:eek: We don't even get PE in 5th or 6th year, I would kill to have a double period. FFS we have three religion periods a week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

13spanner wrote: »
    Yes! I want to do Arts in UCD (languages for all you art bashes, so I guess its kind of useful...) and its only 355 points. But I know if I slack off I probably wont even get that, and its always nice to get more points / keep options open so that motivates me :pac:

If you go to school in town, just pop over around eleven. Possibly wear a wig.
    :eek: We don't even get PE in 5th or 6th year, I would kill to have a double period. FFS we have three religion periods a week.
    What is wrong with you both, why would you want PE?! Bear in mind we have three religion classes on top of that. Apparently "The Department" doesn't want us to have any free periods -.-

What is wrong with you both, why would you want PE?! Bear in mind we have three religion classes on top of that. Apparently "The Department" doesn't want us to have any free periods -.-

I wish the department would come to our school and realise that we're not getting the mandatory 2 periods a week. Of course I want PE, I love sports!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I prefer to have more Religion classes, she let us do our homework and study in the classes, with the very occasional class of actual work :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

What's a free period? :s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement