Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Laughing my ass off reading yesterdays antics :D
    Im kinda nervous this morning.
    Had the work christmas party last night, ended up on the absolute sesh, dont remember getting home and am at work now with no signs of a hangover whatsoever.
    I hope to god I'm not still drunk....I might be still drunk :(

I'd be more worried about how much alcohol it does take you give you a hangover.. You could be getting immune to the stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

I'd be more worried about how much alcohol it does take you give you a hangover.. You could be getting immune to the stuff :pac:

Ah I'm not that bad :D
    Yet....
    <.<.
    >.>.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ah I'm not that bad :D
    Yet....
    <.<.
    >.>.

you sure??? :D

I'm positive.
    I recall downing about three pints of water before I went to bed. :D
    That explains everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im not good.

Anyone wanna make me some french toast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Im not good.

nigs :pac:

Im not good.

Please tell me you're not at work?!

Oh God no.Was in Saturday so get today off,thank fook for that.

Lucky git.
    Ya can make yer own bleedin' breakfast :p

But that means having to get out of bed.
    :(

• Advertisement

But that means having to get out of bed.
    :(

Sure just stay there till dinner time and order a big dirty takeaway....nyom.
    :pac:

But Im hungry now!Im just goin to get up,damnit all.

Can we have a 'hangover appreciation' thread. For all us soldiers.... :pac:

Can we have a 'hangover appreciation' thread. For all us alchos.... :pac:

FYP

That's it. No card for TP.

That's it. No card for TP.

Another tree saved *does a little dance* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Spent about 3-4 hours last night prepping for a job interview today and nothing I read over last night or this morning came up in the interview. It sort of went ok-ish, hard to know. I've given up trying to predict how I do in job interviews. It's for a permanent role in the company I work in so fingers crossed I get it. Could be a lot of internal and external competition so I'll just have to wait and see.

G-Money wrote: »
    Spent about 3-4 hours last night prepping for a job interview today and nothing I read over last night or this morning came up in the interview. It sort of went ok-ish, hard to know. I've given up trying to predict how I do in job interviews. It's for a permanent role in the company I work in so fingers crossed I get it. Could be a lot of internal and external competition so I'll just have to wait and see.

What type of role is it?

Ah I'm sure you did fine man best of luck anyway man hope you get it :)

Cheers.

It's an IT role. Professional nerd you see :)

• Advertisement

Cheers.

It's an IT role. Professional nerd you see :)

Same as most of us here so :)

I wouldn't worry too much about any of the stuff you expected coming up.
    Sometimes they just need to gauge your personality and see if you'll fit in with the team and the role.

A manager I know used to recruit new employees on the basis of 70% personality and 30% skillset. You can teach a person new skills but not how to have a new personality.

So lets see if they get back to you. Best of luck :)

Same as most of us here so :)

I wouldn't worry too much about any of the stuff you expected coming up.
    Sometimes they just need to gauge your personality and see if you'll fit in with the team and the role.

A manager I know used to recruit new employees on the basis of 70% personality and 30% skillset. You can teach a person new skills but not how to have a new personality.

Well said

I'm only out of college a year and a half and I have to say every place I've worked I've gotten on very well with everybody and learned a huge amount - would consider myself very easy to get on with and that's a huge plus - if you get on with the people you work with they'll have no problem helping you learn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

2 days left :):)

Morning all!

Morning Pem.. hows the wrist?

Morning Pem.. hows the wrist?
    Better, thanks for asking! I've physio tonight so that will hurt and help! How are you / where are you?? Are you in the festive mood yet?

Pembily wrote: »
    Better, thanks for asking! I've physio tonight so that will hurt and help! How are you / where are you?? Are you in the festive mood yet?

I'm back in Dublin (for the moment) :D

Yup, feeling a little more festive alright. Have a few bits of xmas shopping still to do but the big bits have been purchased, but its nice to wander in around the shops not being under pressure and taking in the atmosphere :)

All your shopping done yet?

Whats the Physio's prognosis on the wrist? Any serious damage?

Currently hmming and haaing a bit about whether to buy a ticket for the Stone Roses in the Phoenix Park. I'm a bit meh about it at this stage.

I really wish the Darkness would come back and play the Olympia soon. I went to see them before Christmas and it was one of the best gigs I've been to in ages. Can't stop listening to them since.

Just got an email from a recruiter from a large company asking if I was interested in a job they have open. Nice to be contacted off their own back by a company rather than an agency.

...Just got an email from a recruiter from a large company asking if I was interested in a job they have open. Nice to be contacted off their own back by a company rather than an agency.

Nice to have a few options open. When are you due to hear back about the interview yesterday?

Nice to have a few options open. When are you due to hear back about the interview yesterday?

They said it would be the new year. I think I'd be a good fit for the job and the team seem nice so I hope I get it.

• Advertisement

I'm back in Dublin (for the moment) :D

Yup, feeling a little more festive alright. Have a few bits of xmas shopping still to do but the big bits have been purchased, but its nice to wander in around the shops not being under pressure and taking in the atmosphere :)

All your shopping done yet?

Whats the Physio's prognosis on the wrist? Any serious damage?

Whoop, whoop :):) my festive vibes worked!! I haven't been in the city, was a bit afraid as my wrist was too sore... I would have loved to have gone to the Christmas markets :(

It's mostly done, need to get 2 presents but they won't mind them being late!! At least I didn't have to get the boy anything and I got my work KK :)

Physio will assess the damage but it's nothing serious, the swelling is mostly gone! The only benefit of repeated injuries is you get to know the severity of them :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement