Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

bluewolf wrote: »
    i have a life
    i'm enjoying some down time :cool:

Didn't plan ahead with a new book? :pac: My down time has been too down lately, just wasting loads of time with the laptop depsite having loads of books, TV shows and documentaries I've been meaning to get through for months. :pac:

Pembily wrote: »
    God no just broke when we moved in and haven't bothered...

A TV is literally the first thing I'd sort out :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

amacachi wrote: »
    Didn't plan ahead with a new book? :pac: My down time has been too down lately, just wasting loads of time with the laptop depsite having loads of books, TV shows and documentaries I've been meaning to get through for months. :pac:

i do have fountainhead :pac:
    i did sort of plan ahead but i was tired after work last night and wanted to get home so i didnt drop by the bookshop!

Get a kindle or similar, one less reason to go outside. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i have an app on my ipod for it but i much much prefer books

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm the same, tons of books and DVDs to watch but I end up spending my time on the flipping computer all night!

bluewolf wrote: »
    i have an app on my ipod for it but i much much prefer books

Have you used a kindle? 30 seconds with one made me really want one, my sister said the same thing. :)

not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I dislike the idea of a kindle.

Though having said that I also said that about MP3s, yet here I am a few years on with loads of them and my vinyl collection gatheirng dust :(

Convenience wins I suppose.

I hated the idea too until I used it for a few seconds. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Im an old romantic at heart, you see. And an old schooler.

i'm actually writing this on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum

Up and at it early - so I can get into and out of Dundrum Shopping Centre quickly and before the masses arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

G-Money wrote: »
    Up and at it early - so I can get into and out of Dundrum Shopping Centre quickly and before the masses arrive.

Good luck.
    I'm not looking forward to going in shopping tomorrow, especially with my wrist :(

Pembily wrote: »
    Good luck.
    I'm not looking forward to going in shopping tomorrow, especially with my wrist :(

Just back in the door now before 10am. I got to Dundrum about 8.45am and there were cars queuing already to get into the car park. Thankfully the queue disappeared after a few minutes and there didn't seem to be that many waiting to get in when I left.

If I was you, I'd go early, a lot less people. Dundrum shops are open from 9am tomorrow instead of 10am in-case you are planning to go there.

Personally, I can never understand why people wait until mid-day or the afternoon on the weekend to go shopping. It's madness.

G-Money wrote: »
    Just back in the door now before 10am. I got to Dundrum about 8.45am and there were cars queuing already to get into the car park. Thankfully the queue disappeared after a few minutes and there didn't seem to be that many waiting to get in when I left.

If I was you, I'd go early, a lot less people. Dundrum shops are open from 9am tomorrow instead of 10am in-case you are planning to go there.

Personally, I can never understand why people wait until mid-day or the afternoon on the weekend to go shopping. It's madness.

and here i thought i would be early enough going in at 10 if i went
    luckily im not going

i dont understand that either, the queues must be insane in the afternoon

Dundrum requires an awkward bus so probably not and I won't be early as I'm trying to sleep as much to avoid the pain!

Fair play on being so organised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Crap I forgot getting up early for shopping was my plan :/ hmmm maybe monday wont be too bad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Shops are still open... or have ya a hectic schedule this afternoon? :P

Nah the point was to get in before the crazily stupid crowds.

Nah the point was to get in before the crazily stupid crowds.
    Stupid stupid crowds!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hmmm yeah, s'pose there's that alright.

It's fairly annoying when there's people just wandering around in yer way, not noticing you're there.

Yeah and the shops are too small for that ****e.

The shops I go to tend to be well endowed ;P

Anyone know where I could buy a cheap and tacky Christmas jumper? :cool: Didn't see any in Penny's this morning.

The big shops tend to be out of the city centre.

Sorry G haven't seen tacky jumpers

Well... i'm off to be 1 of them there crazies in town :)

Well... i'm off to be 1 of them there crazies in town :)

You've been warned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Day at work nearly done.In a jocker I am.

Myself and 2 other beer monsters inadvertadly went on a monster sesh and ended up in Coppers.Cue much yager and quadrupile vodka and red bull.

Was an hour and a half late for work too but thankfully none of the management were in.

Going for food after work the quick turn around and to the boozer for 7 and mah Christmas party.

All I want to do is go to my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

'inadvertently'. Love it!
    You can do it Otis, the food will sort you right out and after the first pint you'll be right as rain!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The thought of what I'm going to be like tomorrow is enough to make me wanna cry!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement