Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Match is off, head home again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    Bright days lie in store for Lismore.

yea but the Bennetts club is Ballysaggart

alllcounty wrote: »
    Match is off, head home again.

any word of a re-fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

robopaddy wrote: »
    any word of a re-fixture

two weeks time they were saying

tbf there is some wind blowing over there

• Advertisement

suppose we'll have to travel to clare for the match now

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭parish girl

Good news as it gives Dungarvan Colleges a bit of recovery time, especially Patrick Curran who looked jaded for CBS last Sunday in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

yea but the Bennetts club is Ballysaggart

Of course that slipped my mind its just I remember Shan on the sideline. Did Dave always play for Lismore.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

Wonder how they're gonna deal with all the people who were inside and already paid. We got thee at 6.35 and the gates were closed and they were just taking the signs with prices. I'd say the fans inside weren't aware as the GAA discussed how to deal with refunds. Panic stations. :)

did i see correctly, was it ten euro to get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

deiseach wrote: »
    Dude, you ask for comments, but comments are closed.

There really has to be two-up two-down. The source of much of the angst in the last few years has been teams going into a playoff despite defeating the second-placed team during the regular season (so to speak). As for ten games, I'd be worried that we'd be sick of it by the end of the campaign, although that might be offset by the prospect of getting revenge for an earlier reversal. And how would you set up the lower divisions? Can't see Fingal and Warwickshire relishing the prospect of home-and-away battles!

Sorry about the comments thing, I've passed to the site admins.

Agree completely about two up, two down, that and 2 into the final in div 1 will keep things competitive. I know 10 is a bit long, but you've got to remember managers will be trying out players, especially in the early stages while still wanting to win as the leagues will be so competitive with 2 going down from 6.

I'll be honest and say I just concentrated on the top few divisions with my proposal, and can see some drawbacks for the lower leagues. Perhaps they could stay with single games? One thing I will say for the lower leagues is that I feel the big area for improvement there is with the running of the Ring/Rackard and Meagher cups, these were a brilliant invention and gave players from those counties a chance to play at Croke Park on All Ireland QF day, but lately have been reduced to competitions which seem to have as their main aim to get them over and done with as quick as possible. Definitely not what the Hurlind Development Committee envisaged when they came up with the idea

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    Of course that slipped my mind its just I remember Shan on the sideline. Did Dave always play for Lismore.

yea dave is lismore man. pat his uncle tho staunch saggart man so never in doubt where the lads allegiences lie!

i wouldnt think so. its not a replay so home advantage should still stand.

I didnt see what the big rush to play it so quick was anyway a 6 day turnaround very unfair on both teams really. as parish girl said an extra week or 2 wont do our lads any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

...no you won't wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭parish girl

Free entry to refixed minor. Yipeeee

Orizio wrote: »
    ...no you won't wtf.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

i was only asking

i wouldnt think so. its not a replay so home advantage should still stand.

I didnt see what the big rush to play it so quick was anyway a 6 day turnaround very unfair on both teams really. as parish girl said an extra week or 2 wont do our lads any harm

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twixaroo

Free entry to refixed minor. Yipeeee

Not exactly free for those who braved the conditions however and paid in.
    Almost a reward for those who weren't there.

Not having a go at you PG btw!

i was on that up the deise facebook page

jesus there is some gob sh1tes on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

:pac: Was free entry to new fixture announced?

:pac: Earlier I saw a comment from RumMonkey saying there was people inside the ground at 6.35. Did they get tickets?. Do we need to show tickets or something for next game?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

DeiseDawg wrote: »
    :pac: Earlier I saw a comment from RumMonkey saying there was people inside the ground at 6.35. Did they get tickets?. Do we need to show tickets or something for next game?

Can't see the GAA organised enough to sort passes for those already inside.

Statement from Munster GAA website

Match off – Munster MHC S-Final Playoff – Waterford v Clare

The game between Waterford and Clare in the Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi Final Playoff on Wednesday April 17th fixed for Fraher Field Dungarvan was called out to the adverse weather conditions. A re-fixture date will be communicated in due course.
    Munster GAA Statement on Minor Hurling Postponement
    Munster GAA regrets that the Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final Playoff game between Clare and Waterford scheduled for Fraher Field Dungarvan tonight (Wednesday April 17th) had to be postponed.
    The game was cancelled in the interests of player safety which is of paramount importance. This decision was made by the referee, Anthony Sherlock, with the full support of both counties and Munster GAA. The game was cancelled at 6:40pm as soon as it became apparent that the ever increasing winds were dangerously high for everyone involved. The decision was then communicated to the patrons in attendance immediately. The game will be re-fixed in the coming days by the Munster GAA CCC.
    With a few hundred people already in the ground, it was not feasible or practical to issue people with refunds. Various different categories of entrance applied on the night including free juveniles, juvenile groups, ticket holders, OAPs, students, press etc. It would have been impossible to distinguish between these people so the best approach is that all patrons will have free entry for the re-fixed game.
    We realise this did not suit everybody but when totally exceptional circumstances apply as was the case on Wednesday night, it is not always possible to produce an outcome to everybody’s satisfaction.
    In relation to the timing of the decision to postpone tonight’s game, the conditions at Fraher Field Dungarvan were monitored on a regular basis during Wednesday afternoon up to an hour before the throw-in time and the game was deemed playable. As conditions deteriorated in Dungarvan in the hour leading up to the game, a further inspection was carried out and the best decision in the circumstances was taken. We thank all our patrons for their patience in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Free entry ill drink to that

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Free entry is all grand and good the next day, but those who turned up last night and paid €10 are still €10 out of pocket! Whereas those who turn up the next night and weren't there last night obviously won't be €10 out of pocket!! Granted, its not a huge admission fee but its the principle of the thing.

Why can't the Munster Clown Council issue a receipt to paying patrons ENTERING through the turnstile for non-ticketed games, so in the event of a cancellation it will be pretty easy to distinguish who paid in and who didn't! This isn't rocket science!!!!

DeiseX wrote: »
    Why can't the Munster Clown Council issue a receipt to paying patrons ENTERING through the turnstile for non-ticketed games, so in the event of a cancellation it will be pretty easy to distinguish who paid in and who didn't! This isn't rocket science!!!!

in the event of a cancellation once every 20 years? come on in fairness I dont think they had any other option than to do what they did. If everyone in the stand was made que to get a refund it would have been all sorts of chaos with change etc and theyd probably still be there now trying to sort it out.

I know it will sicken some to see the fair-weather supporters come along for the free ride but the bottom line is the people that did pay will still have a chance to get their money's worth. On the plus side it should draw a big home support for the lads the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Christ, I'm asking for some small form of receipt when I go through a turnstile, not a legal contract that needs to be reviewed by a solicitor. Would it not make sense to do so?? Most other services/events/shops issue receipt of payment, why the hell not for a match?? A receipt book, or something smaller and similar in nature would hardly break the bank now!

Simple, walk through the turnstile, hand them the money, they hand you a receipt/slip/ticket...boom! In the VERY unlikely event of the game being cancelled its very easy to issue a refund!!

Outside Walsh Park for the Tipp Minor game the Munster Council had people pay separately, get a ticket, then walk through the turnstile....this approach wasn't in place last night....how come??

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Horseboxhead

it is so easy for anyone who was not at the game that never was last night to say , sure arn't they still getting their moneys worth isn't the next game free, but there was an amount of people there last night who can't make the game in two weeks time, and it was just the shambolic way in which the game cancellation was organised, last week you could not find an oap ticket seller out side of walsh park, so the father had to pay a €10 to get in, and this week tickets were not given out to anyone to record anything, why do the gaa, and yes i am including everyone from the munster council to our current lunatics making decisions here in waterford, make it so easy for everyone who does not like our organisation[theres a joke],to find fault?, by being so stupid, and disorganised, firstly game should have been cancelled early that day, that bollocks that they have to wait for a referee, what difference will that make?, it is the weather which was well noted for a couple of days, and secondly being forced to hand out tickets when half the crowd went home, as nobody trusted this inexcusably retarded shower not to change their mind and make people pay again the next day, as that is their mantra, sure we need the money, i think the gaa is a reflection of the current state of government within our island, absolute tools, with arrogance and loss of human compassion to match, it was massivly dissapointing last night, and the only ones who will argue with that are inside the tent pissing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

On a side note, I was just wondering where the proceeds of last nights minor game will end up??? , there was a healthy enough crowd that had paid in already?

Any word yet of the re-fixture?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement