Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

blondie7 wrote: »
    Thanks angel!

Is this not her own company?? Interview was very boring compare to most of the previous ones

Yes that is her company, she obviously couldn't resist giving it a plug...:(

I thought the interview had a Bela style to it. One line answers, nothing to charm the fans with and very boring to say the least...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

angel01 wrote: »
    I thought the interview had a Bela style to it. One line answers, nothing to charm the fans with and very boring to say the least...

I get the feeling that there ain't much difference between the actress and the character she plays, apart from the Tommy stuff of course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I just googled her company and learned that the actress who played Sarah in FC works for her. Doesnt say what she does though, but does tell us she teaches drama in Loreto College

• Registered Users Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm surprised Dearbhla hasnt contacted Philip wasnt he too suspicious at some stage about Jo and Tommy

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Dearbhla hasnt contacted Philip wasnt he too suspicious at some stage about Jo and Tommy

Once a character leaves the show, that's it!!

I was wondering that myself. Didn't Philip seem to have really strong suspicions about Jo and Tommy a month or two back? Then all of a sudden it seemed to have been completely wiped from his memory. I suppose it's one of those Fair City things. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

did you read the questions answered with her on the rte site? lol
    If she was chocolate, she would eat herself !:D

max life wrote: »
    If she was chocolate, she would eat herself !:D

I reckon she'll be waiting a VERY VERY long time before Liam Neeson gets back in touch with her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Once a character leaves the show, that's it!!

She could be seen on screen phoning or emailing him he didnt have to be seen

BTW did Sean complete his leaving cert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

definitely what i thought!!! thought it was a bit nose up in the air kinda style...

agree with bringing mondo back! there's so many characters that could be brought back. no more word on tracey, no? :(

i like dearbhla :)

She could be seen on screen phoning or emailing him he didnt have to be seen

BTW did Sean complete his leaving cert?

I am guessing they didn't want to do that, seeing as they wrote him out (he didn't want to leave) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I am guessing they didn't want to do that, seeing as they wrote him out (he didn't want to leave) :(

No way why did they write him out?? He had so much more to give to the show

No way why did they write him out?? He had so much more to give to the show

I am thinking FC had to cut the cast down seeing as we have lost quite a few cast members recently. I guess it came down to money :(

We have lost Barry, Denzo, Mark, Philip that come to mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

dearbhla saw a photo of them snogging at the ploughing championships. though i got a phone call at that time so i didn't know where she'd got the photo from (i just saw her looking at it on her computer)
    It was on the Facebook site of one of her friends in Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

endakenny wrote: »
    It was on the Facebook site of one of her friends in Kilkenny.

The awkward moment when you post a photo of your friend's dad having an affair at the ploughing championship?

On another note, the actress playing Dearbhla is actually pretty good - especially by FC standards. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

What are the chances that Dearbhla's friend would see Tommy and Jo kissing at the Ploughing Championships?

Pity Dearbhla seems to believe Tommy :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh my god I can't believe Dearbhla bought that story from Tommy about just running into Jo at the ploughing championships! He ram into her alright and mauled the face off her in the process!! :-P

Sean and Dearbhla never had a scene together before last nights episode...and now they are best friends?? Not impressive writing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

leahyl wrote: »
    He ram into her alright and mauled the face off her in the process!! :-P
    Can't get that image out of my mind now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

vektarman wrote: »
    leahyl wrote: »
    He ram into her alright and mauled the face off her in the process!! :-P
    Can't get that image out of my mind now :)

Oh Jesus! Typo obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

They missed a trick tonight - why stop at Neassa just talking about being in the freezing shower???? :D

Shakyfan wrote: »
    They missed a trick tonight - why stop at Neassa just talking about being in the freezing shower???? :D
    Nice Image ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

max life wrote: »
    Sean and Dearbhla never had a scene together before last nights episode...and now they are best friends?? Not impressive writing :(

yup and there was dearbhla getting a lil kiss in from philip before he left..
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mad Davy Kidd

Dearbhla is the only reason I watch this show. That and the vain hope that FC airs a Fair City after the watershed run of episodes and we see Jo and Dermot getting it on..... Always wondered if that is even anatomically possible... No wonder they have no kids of their own! God I hate her. And to think she teaches other people how to act.....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

I find it unrealistic that the likes of Caoimhe and Neasa would still be living at home, surely they would have left home by now and be renting their own place or maybe living together?

In Fair City, too many adults like Caoimhe, Neasa, Zumo, Decco etc all still live at home when the likes of them would have left home...

Angel, looks like they are taking your criticism onboard with Neasa now looking to move out :)I hope they re-visit her and Finn, liked the chemistry there. Also looking forward to seeing Robert and Sash again, perhaps they will hook up at xmas !!Didnt see last nights episode but after reading the comments, cannot believe the cheek of Tommy, he is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I think Tommy is genuinely evil, and I bet he will be a future serial killer.

He is completely concerned with himself. He lies and cheats without remorse. He is weirdly controlling about his daughters. He is charming on the surface, the way people always say psycopaths are. And his gardening business gives him a perfect place to bury the bodies.

I can't see him cracking under interrogation either. The story could run for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

What are the chances that Dearbhla's friend would see Tommy and Jo kissing at the Ploughing Championships?

Pity Dearbhla seems to believe Tommy :-(

There really were more clever ways the photo of the kiss could hve come to light.

E.g. from yer one they met there who had the affair with Harry 'ya wah' Molloy years ago

Or, are we supposed to know that's who the photgraph originates from without them bothering to tell us?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

I cant find her interview on the website can someone post a link??

Anyone remember Leo had a daughter she was in it a while back now for a short time, there hasnt been any mention of her since has there??

I loved Leos son Troy! Wish they wud bring him back he was funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

sue z wrote: »
    I loved Leos son Troy! Wish they wud bring him back he was funny

He was great. I'd love to see him back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement