Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

OddJobz wrote: »
    Is it any easier to enjoy Fair City if you are of below average intelligence?

I am considering having a lobotomy so that I can enjoy Fair City without having to resist the urge to put my foot through the television.

Ridiculous scripts, chronic acting, poor direction....

Eamon Morrissey and Brian Murray should hang their heads in shame that they have any connection to this programme at all.

You went to all the effort to register just to say this? Commendable I must say...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

Don't do that. Just use the remote control to change channels. :)

In the words of hector..."let yourself go!!!!....''

Jesus why the hate for fair city..i think its one of the funniest programmes on t.v......excellent acting how the actors manage to keep a straight face during the scenes i'll never understand::))...Leo Dowling is the king of comedy:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

angel01 wrote: »
    You went to all the effort to register just to say this? Commendable I must say...:D
    Jesus Christ! You really have a nasty attitude to anyone who does not post as often as you or is a new poster.
    What exactly is your problem?
    Maybe this thread should be renamed The angel fair city thread featuring posts from those deemed worthy by her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

judith and dearbhla are doing such an excellent job. loving their scenes!
    was great seeing jo get the sack... GTFO jo! :D
    LOVED dearbhla's evil last scene there when she broke the news to dermisssshh hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Christy and Val to marry next year. Hate always turns to love in the soaps:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

gerard65 wrote: »

ha ha yes script writers trying to build the sexual tension:D:D:D:D
    would i be correct in sayin Val is the nun in father ted beating them when they are tryin to quit smoking for lent???:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Jo looks like she is due to give birth any day now. The writers are making good use of her bag, trying to hide her pregnancy! I hope she goes on maternity leave soon. I would love her to be killed off....no great loss.

Dearbhla has been wasted for the last year. She is actually a decent actress. Hopefully they will give her a good storyline ( not the usual teen pregnancy storyline that they seem to do in every soap )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

[QUOTE=
    Double feck RTE for not having FC on the RTE player! :mad:[/QUOTE]

I actually queried RTE about that a long time ago. Forget the finer details of what they said, but essentially it has something to do with contracts of actors [sic] , unions involvement , copyright etc. etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I wonder how Dermot will react, when he finds out the truth of the affair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

would i be correct in sayin Val is the nun in father ted beating them when they are tryin to quit smoking for lent???:D:D

You are correct :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Poor Dermot will be gutted when he finds out. Delighted to see that Dearbhla is finally getting some good scenes. She is doing a really good job too. Mr Jos is convinced that herself and Judith are really mother and daughter. He reckons they are the image of each other. Can't see it myself but must check it out. Methinks a minibus load of trolls has arrived on the thread. Don't bother feeding them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

gerard65 wrote: »

She's quite friendly with Pete as well. Dolores could yet get her heart broken again

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

loved tommy's stressed out look waiting around the house all day unshaven....i knew there was something weird about a gardener being married to a GP.... never works.... would he be considered a househusband too, hes always the one doing the cooking and looking after the kids.....not right....blokes who happily do all this tend to be lazy and selfish and have undiagoinsed depression....imo!!!i know a few of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I'm thinking dolores will give val a bit of a makeover, that hair is horrendous! I'm hoping its a wig because if it isn't its terrifying, she reminds me of roy cropper. But then again she might end up with dolores' signature bright red skunk style highlights. . . I'd love to see her transformed and see how everyone reacts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

You see, if FC was as good as the past 2 days all the time, it would be a decent Irish drama. Not often do i praise the show but the culmination of this affair was actually quite gripping and Judith and Tommy acting out their roles very well. particularly Judith, then the showdown with Jo was great to see after all these months of build-up. The show is very ocassionally capable of showcasing decent acting but the problem is these moments are buried by the nonsensical and appaling "old men chase a car in Italy, boy racers cause a petition" type unrealistic storylines. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

You see, if FC was as good as the past 2 days all the time, it would be a decent Irish drama. Not often do i praise the show but the culmination of this affair was actually quite gripping and Judith and Tommy acting out their roles very well. particularly Judith, then the showdown with Jo was great to see after all these months of build-up. The show is very ocassionally capable of showcasing decent acting but the problem is these moments are buried by the nonsensical and appaling "old men chase a car in Italy, boy racers cause a petition" type unrealistic storylines. Shame.

Well said.
    The only slight weak point about the affair story being brought to the surface was the clunky way that Dearbhla found out about it.

Also, re Val, wasn't she in a Saturday morning kids' TV programme from yonks back? It think it might have filled the Saturday morning slot after Anything Goes finished? I didn't like it much because I was an Anything Goes addict and I hated the programmes that replaced it. :D

Yes that's the one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

jos28 wrote: »
    Mr Jos is convinced that herself and Judith are really mother and daughter. He reckons they are the image of each other. Can't see it myself but must check it out.

i definitely see this too....over the last few episodes i was thinking that for sure! definitely see a resemblance! strangely..
    C-J wrote: »
    I'm thinking dolores will give val a bit of a makeover, that hair is horrendous! I'm hoping its a wig because if it isn't its terrifying, she reminds me of roy cropper. But then again she might end up with dolores' signature bright red skunk style highlights. . . I'd love to see her transformed and see how everyone reacts!!

hahahahahahahaha red skunk LOL
    yea i am not a fan of val's tight curled short haired perm thing. it couldn't be natural.......could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i ztook a 'break' from FC for years, and only got interested with the suzanne and damien wife beating storyline and have been watching regulary all year and i have to say its great i love it, i love all the bishops....and i like it more than eastenders, but way less than corrie!....and its on par with emmerdale!....

have we always known that tommy et al arrived from kilkenny because hed had an affair, or are we just getting that now? was the one he had the affair with the girl he met at the ploughing championships?...or do we know who it was?...i always felt that the dynamic between tommy and judith wasnt balanced, and felt that hed the upper hand because he was good looking and could leave her at any time, he had that air about him, that some blokes have, but looking at it last night, and him sitting in the house all day waiting for her to get back being a nervous wreck, she is the one with the upperhand in the relationship.....he wouldnt be able to survive on his labouring job that he hardly ever does, if she wasnt fincancilly supporting them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I loved it last night

Judith "you spent my money on her"

I have to say i enjoy Tommy and Judith on screen together i think they work quite well together (and there both so lovely in real life too:D)

• Advertisement

blondie7 wrote: »
    and there both so lovely in real life too:D)

I agree with you on that one.. I spent quite a bit of time talking to Geoff who plays Tommy and I said.. you will definitely cause Judith a bit of trouble.. I can tell you will be a bit of a bad boy... :D

I was proved right!!!:D

iceblue wrote: »
    i ztook a 'break' from FC for years, and only got interested with the suzanne and damien wife beating storyline and have been watching regulary all year and i have to say its great i love it, i love all the bishops....and i like it more than eastenders, but way less than corrie!....and its on par with emmerdale!....

have we always known that tommy et al arrived from kilkenny because hed had an affair, or are we just getting that now? was the one he had the affair with the girl he met at the ploughing championships?...or do we know who it was?...i always felt that the dynamic between tommy and judith wasnt balanced, and felt that hed the upper hand because he was good looking and could leave her at any time, he had that air about him, that some blokes have, but looking at it last night, and him sitting in the house all day waiting for her to get back being a nervous wreck, she is the one with the upperhand in the relationship.....he wouldnt be able to survive on his labouring job that he hardly ever does, if she wasnt fincancilly supporting them.....
    The Dillon family moved to Dublin because they lost their farm. This fact has only been mentioned once or twice and it still remains a mystery as to how they actually lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Ah here, lads, no more mentioning of Val, Christy and sexual tension... :D

Well said.
    The only slight weak point about the affair story being brought to the surface was the clunky way that Dearbhla found out about it.

Also, re Val, wasn't she in a Saturday morning kids' TV programme from yonks back? It think it might have filled the Saturday morning slot after Anything Goes finished? I didn't like it much because I was an Anything Goes addict and I hated the programmes that replaced it. :D
    It was Pajos junkbox you are thinking of. She was part of a double act called grabbit and fetchit.
    There used be a little drama series built in about a cafe which starred the much missed Pat Leavey aka Hannah Finnigan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

She was Grabbit in Pajo's Junkbox. Which did replace Anything Goes in 1986. I remember it because we'd just moved house and I got up the first Saturday after we moved convinced AG would be back after it's summer holidays and got Pajo instead. I was confused but got over it once Muppet Babies came on. Also I wrote to Pajo's Junkbox a couple of times and I got a goodie bag each time.

That's Val in the yellow jumper, clearly doing a segment on toilets with what looks like Bill Odie.
    031_023ae116b6e9ac94ec96f5ebe8c149032a2cdaa7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

I pity poor Judith with her ambition to keep this contained. I also felt Dearbhala lost alot of respect for her mother when Judith told her Tommy could stay, it was a sad moment for them as a mother and daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

padd b1975 wrote: »
    The Dillon family moved to Dublin because they lost their farm. This fact has only been mentioned once or twice and it still remains a mystery as to how they actually lost it.

They ran out of space from all the bodies that Tommy Dead-Eyes was burying. Now he's in Carrigstown, he can just use the park.

iguana wrote: »
    She was Grabbit in Pajo's Junkbox. Which did replace Anything Goes in 1986. I remember it because we'd just moved house and I got up the first Saturday after we moved convinced AG would be back after it's summer holidays and got Pajo instead. I was confused but got over it once Muppet Babies came on. Also I wrote to Pajo's Junkbox a couple of times and I got a goodie bag each time.

That's Val in the yellow jumper, clearly doing a segment on toilets with what looks like Bill Odie.
    031_023ae116b6e9ac94ec96f5ebe8c149032a2cdaa7.jpg
    Was Ray fetchit or is that an urban myth?

They ran out of space from all the bodies that Tommy Dead-Eyes was burying. Now he's in Carrigstown, he can just use the park.
    He may have some difficulty getting them through the narrow entrance plus there is the certainty of meeting several of his neighbours there no matter what time of day or night, although he did have a picnic there with Jo so it could be a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    I pity poor Judith with her ambition to keep this contained. I also felt Dearbhala lost alot of respect for her mother when Judith told her Tommy could stay, it was a sad moment for them as a mother and daughter.

Ah but if she wasnt in Carrigstown she could keep this a secret ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement