Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

max life wrote: »
    Why was Suzanne so annoyed at Damo wanting a divorce? Surely its a logical step if they are never gonna be a couple again.

More than that even, Irish paternity law is still so archaic that a woman's legal husband has more rights over her child than the biological father.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

"I got a bit flustered and had an accident with a bottle of olive oil."
    "I don't want to know the details."
    :eek:

Catching up on episodes. Deegan looks weird in uniform. Not as weird as the out-of-sync dialogue. You'd think they would have fixed it for the repeat. Amateur hour.

Does Suzanne wants Damien to the father rather than David? Could we end up with a wife suing her husband for child support for someone else's baby?

"I got you a new tea towel." The perfect gift for a neat freak. There's great potential for odd couple shenanigans with Ray and Christy.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Tought the scene with Suzanne's, Yvonne's & Helene's writing on the wall was poor. Has Christy never pulled out the press to clean out the back or even to update the wallpaper since he arrived? :eek:

Also the obsession that everyone seems to have with Damien's and Suzanne's relationship is really silly. Yvonne literally starting arguing when they just say hi to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Just caught up on some episodes:

I have to say that Damien and Suzanne are adults, the way Dolores/Pete/Yvonne etc are acting every time they so much as talk is very OTT, if they want to be friends or more, that is their choice... surely they would have told them to get lost by now...

Personally, I used to love the old Damo and Suzanne together so I am hoping they rekindle something :)

We need some big storylines, it all feels like filler stuff right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Gwan Sash, yer only massive love! :)

Robert and Sash need to get it on. Loving their recent scenes together.

Oh and Neasa in the leather trousers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

One storyline I remember was when Stephen McCoy's mother, Noeleen, put him in boarding school, so that she could see more of Gary Maguire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Okocim wrote: »
    Gwan Sash, yer only massive love! :)

Robert and Sash need to get it on. Loving their recent scenes together.

Oh and Neasa in the leather trousers ;)

I actully like Roberts acting, I think he plays the part well.

But him and Sash ? No way, there both at totally different.

msg11 wrote: »
    I actully like Roberts acting, I think he plays the part well.

But him and Sash ? No way, there both at totally different.

Nothing wrong with that... lots of people are totally different but together, they can work out... after all they do say, opposites attract :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

angel01 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that... lots of people are totally different but together, they can work out... after all they do say, opposites attract :D

He didnt seem too happy when Sash kissed him, dont know why she is sexy looking. Well she is till she starts talking. " Me Maaa"

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

When Wayne got everyone out of the house at the party, why didn't they just lock the front door as opposed to just putting the sofa across the living room door if thy didn't want them to come back? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

angel01 wrote: »

Maybe your right , I was thinking that he is a quite guy and I thought that Sash maybe a bit to loud for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Him and Cleo were a total mismatch but worked well together until she lied to him... but that said, Christy mellowed/tamed Carol and I wouldn't like to see Sash toned down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

I think the actors playing Sash and Robert work well together. Sash is bringing out a different side to Robert's character and Robert is drawing out a different side to Sash.

Both are having to show their feelings which we don't usually see from either of them but for different reasons. The fact that they're so different makes it fascinating. But if you look a bit deeper both of them are outsiders and don't conform to the norm so they have that in common. I find the storyline compelling viewing because of this and look forward to seeing how it will develop.

Liking how Deegan is being portrayed trying to come to terms with being an ordinary garda.

Dearbhla is probably the best actor out of the three Dillon girls purely on acting ability, good to see her getting a bit more to do recently.

In some ways the last couple of weeks have been slow enough in terms of high drama on Fair City, but the current stories are really developing the characters and showing us a different side to them...Sash's dilemma with her mother, Decco showing a bit of heart in helping her, Robert's crush on Sash, Damiens moving on dilemma, the subtle complications between Damien and Suzanne now that she's pregnant. I think a lot of these scenes are well written especially the 'one on one' sections of scenes involving the above characters. Credit where credit is due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I have not posted on Fair City for a while. Not well. I don't think I will be able to for a long time.
    All the best to my fellow FC posters. I hope I will be able to return some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ameliajane wrote: »
    I have not posted on Fair City for a while. Not well. I don't think I will be able to for a long time.

Get well soon and best of luck with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Get well soon and best of luck with everything
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dearbhla discovers her father's affair with Jo and also starts a new romance with Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dearbhla discovers her father's affair with Jo and also starts a new romance with Sean
    aaaaw Sean deserves a bit of romance - I like him:)

FAIR CITY’S CORNER shop is feeling the effects of new TV show product placement rules – by becoming a SPAR.

Christie Phelan’s modest corner shop is going to be upgraded to a “state-of-the-art” SPAR according to RTÉ. In a €900,000 sponsorship deal between BWG Foods and RTÉ, the SPAR brand will feature prominently in the soap.

The major product placement is only possible because of a change in the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland’s regulations in March of this year. As reported in TheJournal.ie at the time, the regulations now allow for product placement on some shows as advertisements during scheduled breaks and between shows, as sponsors of a show or series and as product placement.

Willie O’Byrne, Managing Director BWG Foods (operators of the SPAR brand), said that the inclusion of a SPAR store in the Fair City set would reach “over 500,000 viewers across Ireland four times every week”.

Gerry McGuinness of RTE Sponsorship called the move “the first high profile product placement agreement for RTÉ and the biggest to date in this territory”. Christy’s new SPAR store is set to be unveiled as part of the series on 6 December.

christy-390x285.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Who the f*ck is snowy?wasn't his dogs name sheeby?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Think snowy was kas's van

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does anyone else get the feeling that they're watching a scene from Brideshead Revisited whenever Jo and Judith are having a conversation together??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

What are the rules regarding product placement? The shop in Ros na Rún has been Centra since last year although it's not that obvious. Did the rules only apply to RTE?

Sunday Nov 6
    Dean points out to Robert that dinner with Sash is a date, and Leo freaks him out even more when he tells him that Sash is very like Cleo. Robert hates this as he thinks that Sash is now a liar. Robert calls to Sash's house and she is all dressed up and nervous after cooking a big meal for him.

However, Robert tells Sash that he has made a mistake and destroys her hopes of any romance. He leaves the house and she flings the sauce she has made across to the sink. Later, Neasa is upset for Sash when she learns that Robert changed his mind about their romance. She goes over to Sash's house and consoles her.

Meanwhile, at the Dillons', Tommy and Judith try to pretend that everything is okay - but Neasa expresses her frustration with her parents' lies. Later, Tommy and Judith go to the hospital for Judith to collect her results. Judith asks him not to go in with her as she wants to get the results on her own and prove she is strong enough for this.

Tommy anxiously awaits the results, but is delighted when she comes out and reveals she is cancer free. Later, Tommy and Judith reveals Judith's cancer scare to Neasa, and Judith and Tommy vow to get their relationship back on track.

Elsewhere, Ray and Keith agree to work together to safeguard their jobs.

Tuesday, Nov 8
    Tommy and Jo bump into each other and discuss how lucky they are after getting away with their fling and not ruining their marriages. Later, Tommy tries and fails to prevent Judith from returning to work, so he and Jo conspire to get Judith home. Dearbhla notes the way Tommy touches Jo's hand when he talks to her, but Tommy brushes her suspicions off by telling Dearbhla that they are trying to support Judith.

As the day continues, Jo admits that she's still attracted to Tommy and they nearly kiss, but they agree to be just friends. At the Dillons' house, Tommy and Judith look forward to a happy future. But Dearbhla is looking at Facebook and is freaked out when she sees a photo that upsets her. We see that it's a photo of Tommy and Jo kissing at the ploughing championship…

Meanwhile, Sean becomes increasingly upset with Finn as he slates him for working in McCoy's and tells him that he won't get anywhere. Later, Sean overhears Finn telling Neasa that she won't be able to get a discount for her friend's 21st. Sean then offers McCoy's to Neasa, telling her that he will give her a discount and steals the business from Finn. Louie learns what Sean did and is persuaded to give him a small pay rise for getting business. Pete watches this and realises that Louie is genuinely fond of Sean.

Elsewhere, Keith and Ray try to brainstorm ideas on how to make more money for the garage.

Wed Nov 9
    A tired and upset Dearbhla can barely speak to Tommy when he asks her what she'd like for breakfast. She explains that she doesn't feel well, so Judith tells her to go back to bed. While Dearbhla does her best to avoid Tommy, an unsuspecting Judith invites the Faheys to dinner and tells them to being the kids as well. Later, Dearbhla and Sean meet in the community centre and there is a connection. Dearbhla then bumps into Dermot and is horrified to learn that they are going for dinner.

As the day continues, Dearbhla meets Tommy and Judith and reacts viciously about Jo, telling Judith: "She is no friend of yours." However, a nervous Tommy tells her to shut up. When the dinner begins, Dearbhla reacts badly to Jo and is extremely rude to her before storming out. Judith goes after her and she is forced to apologise to a wary Jo. When Jo gets Tommy on her own, she's stressed and tells him that Dearbhla knows.

Meanwhile, Sean's bravado about McCoy's is unintentionally undercut by Christy, who tells Finn that Sean will go back to the shop. Sean is resentful when Paul tries to act like his father and asks Ray to try to make Christy realise that he doesn't want to be involved in the shop anymore.

Elsewhere, at the garage, Keith promises that he will get new business by the end of the day.

Thurs Nov 10
    Tommy meets Jo and he tells her that she needs to calm down and leave Dearbhla to him. He goes back to the house and tries his best to suss Dearbhla out, but she refuses to speak to him. Later, though, she finally breaks - accusing Tommy of having an affair with Jo. She tells him that her friend sent her a photo of them kissing. Tommy asks to see it and then tells her that he bumped into Jo at the ploughing and she gave him a kiss.

Later, Tommy meets Jo and tells her what happened. They get their stories straight about how she was at the ploughing with her friends. However, Jo panics - saying that she told Dermot she was in Waterford. Dearbhla bumps into Dermot and slyly finds out that Dermot doesn't know that Jo was at the ploughing. He tells her that she would never go there as it wouldn't be her cup of tea. A furious Dearbhla pulls Tommy aside and confronts him about the lie. However, he continues to deceive her and a fearful Dearbhla agrees to believe him.

Meanwhile, Christy asks Sean if he will do interviews for the shop manager position. Christy tells Pete how hard he is finding recruiting the perfect person for the manager job, and Pete offers to help out and asks his friend to come along for an interview. Later, Christy is shocked when he learns that Val is the person who Pete wants him to interview. Sean interviews her and then tells Christy that he has to hire her as she is the best candidate. Not long afterwards, Sean finally cracks and tells Christy that he does not want to work in the shop.

Elsewhere, Ray arrives to the garage and Keith shows off his handiwork on a new supped up car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Very sorry to hear that, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Another article about Christy getting a SPAR:

There are big changes ahead for Fair City's Christy Phelan (Tom Hopkins), as his Carrigstown corner shop is transformed into a state-of-the-art SPAR store.

The new shop will be unveiled in the December 6 episode and is part of an overall Fair City marketing and sponsorship investment of €900,000 by BWG Foods, owners and operators of the SPAR brand in Ireland, over the next three years.

Jane Gogan, Commissioning Editor, Drama, RTÉ Television, said: "RTÉ's partnership with SPAR gives us a great opportunity to develop a new story for one of Fair City's favourite characters, Christy Phelan.

"The SPAR presence in Carrigstown develops Fair City in the age of product placement with a real world authenticity and brings the creative and commercial imperatives of RTÉ together with SPAR in an interesting and progressive way."

Willie O'Byrne, Managing Director BWG Foods, said: "SPAR has been an integral part of local Irish communities right across the country for nearly 50 years now, so it seemed only natural that we would extend this presence to one of the best known local towns on Irish television.

"We're delighted to have reached agreement with RTÉ on what is an innovative and pioneering sponsorship for Irish television - one that will bring the SPAR brand directly to over 500,000 viewers across Ireland four times every week. We look forward to welcoming Christy to under the tree at SPAR."

00052d9c-628.jpg

00052d9b-628.jpg

00052d9a-628.jpg

00052d98-628.jpg

Fair City stars and RTÉ and BWG Foods staff at the announcement

00052d99-628.jpg

Gerry McGuinness of RTÉ Sponsorship said: "This is the first high profile product placement agreement for RTÉ and the biggest to date in this territory.

"It is a perfect example of how creativity and commerce can work harmoniously together to benefit the production process and the brand.

"When Fair City planned that Christy would renovate the shop and reinvent his life it was a natural opportunity to talk to appropriate retailers about becoming the shop on the Fair City street.

"Of course there was huge interest in this proposal as Fair City is the most popular soap on Irish television, attracting over half a million viewers on average per episode this year. We now look forward to the characters shopping at SPAR for the next three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Thanks so much for all the kind wishes and pm's. It was extremely thoughtful.
    I have an ear infection and an infection in my tooth. Quite painful and feeling a bit miserable. I'm afraid I'm not in the form for discussing FC at present. I hope to when the antibiotics have kicked in and trips to the dentist are a distant memory!

Thanks so much for all the kind wishes and pm's. It was extremely thoughtful.
    I have an ear infection and an infection in my tooth. Quite painful and feeling a bit miserable. I'm afraid I'm not in the form for discussing FC at present. I hope to when the antibiotics have kicked in and trips to the dentist are a distant memory!

Sounds very painful :( Hope you feel better soon... xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Why has RTÉ stopped doing the preview of the following episode at the end of the previous episode?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

endakenny wrote: »
    Why has RTÉ stopped doing the preview of the following episode at the end of the previous episode?

They don't have one on a Sunday but do on the other three days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement