Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

angel01 wrote: »
    Let me guess you are the other taxi driver :rolleyes: He has turned his life around, yet you feel the need to bring his past into it? Why bring up something that happened 30 years ago, He made mistakes and has turned his life around for the better. That should be commended.

Technically he didn't do anything wrong, as I can go anywhere in town and get into whatever taxi that I feel like, you don't have to go the first taxi in the rank...

Courtesy of the taxi regulator:

See: http://taxiregulation.nationaltransport.ie/for-users/

Technically he broke no law and I can't say I blame him for wanting to get rid of the plate. In my opinion, most taxi drivers are aggressive idiots (excluding Tommy)

This story would never have featured on liveline, if it was any other driver involved, that other idiot, was just trying to create a story because Tommy is famous for being on the TV.. sad.

Back to Fair City.... :)
    Ah yes the default boards.ie argument! Accuse the other poster of having a vested interest.
    To answer your guess the answer is no.

As regards bringing up his criminal record its in the public domain and thank god we still have something called free speech in this country.
    O'Neil has spoken about this himself in various interviews usually when looking for newspaper coverage to promote whatever theatre work he is doing at that time.
    In conclusion I will ask you to listen again to the pod cast of yesterday's liveline and count how many times O'Neil admits to being in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

max life wrote: »
    Did anyone see Zumo on the Republic of Telly? I think its Decco's turn next!

Yes belly bumping with Damo :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Ah yes the default boards.ie argument! Accuse the other poster of having a vested interest.
    To answer your guess the answer is no.

As regards bringing up his criminal record its in the public domain and thank god we still have something called free speech in this country.
    O'Neil has spoken about this himself in various interviews usually when looking for newspaper coverage to promote whatever theatre work he is doing at that time.
    In conclusion I will ask you to listen again to the pod cast of yesterday's liveline and count how many times O'Neil admits to being in the wrong.

You seem to have a huge issue with his past. He has turned his life around so why the need to bring up someone's past, he has paid for it, he was an alcoholic and a drug addict when these crimes were committed and he is now an actor and a really nice guy. He is out there trying to make himself a living between acting and driving his taxi but yet you find it more fun to have a go at his past.. You really must have no clue what it was like to get addicted to something, end up on a very dark past. He has paid for his mistakes. Let it go.

He made a mistake so why are you still going on about it? Technically he didn't do anything wrong (according to the regulator) but yet you made the effort to find the Fair City thread to have another dig and these are the only two posts you have made in this thread... hmm...

If he admits that he made a mistake and has offered to give the 10 Euro fare to the driver, why keep having a go at him??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

iguana wrote: »
    Which makes it extra ironic that Shelley boffed her husband.:P

And the Dillons are now living in Dolores' old house :D

You seem to have a huge issue with his past. He has turned his life around so why the need to bring up someone's past, he has paid for it, he was an alcoholic and a drug addict when these crimes were committed and he is now an actor and a really nice guy. He is out there trying to make himself a living between acting and driving his taxi but yet you find it more fun to have a go at his past.. You really must have no clue what it was like to get addicted to something, end up on a very dark past. He has paid for his mistakes. Let it go.

He made a mistake so why are you still going on about it? Technically he didn't do anything wrong (according to the regulator) but yet you made the effort to find the Fair City thread to have another dig and these are the only two posts you have made in this thread... hmm...

If he admits that he made a mistake and has offered to give the 10 Euro fare to the driver, why keep having a go at him??
    I have posted more than twice on this thread. Get your facts straight before you start playing the old "I post more often than you, therefore my opinion is worth more than yours around here!" card.
    I think you could be the type of person who throws their weight around to barge their way to the top of the line to get served first in a restaurant or while waiting for the bus because as you said several times "technically, there is nothing wrong with that sort of ill mannered behaviour". At least not in your eyes.

• Advertisement

I have posted more than twice on this thread. Get your facts straight before you start playing the old "I post more often than you, therefore my opinion is worth more than yours around here!" card.
    I think you could be the type of person who throws their weight around to barge their way to the top of the line to get served first in a restaurant or while waiting for the bus because as you said several times "technically, there is nothing wrong with that sort of ill mannered behaviour". At least not in your eyes.

The taxi regulator has said you can pick whatever taxi you want to get in, so what is wrong with that?

I have checked the posters for this thread as referenced below and it says you only posted these amount of times..

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 1,266
    User Name Posts
    angel01 159
    JP Liz V1 111
    ameliajane 96
    max life 90
    unitedrover 84
    Harry Angstrom 44
    JonathanAnon 40
    C-J 37
    dirtyghettokid 35
    Fittle 29
    Long Room Hubba 27
    jos28 26
    Gingersnaps 26
    JONJO THE MISER 23
    DeepBlue 20
    IsMiseLisa 18
    iguana 16
    Murdoc90 15
    rogercar 13
    Bright__Eyes 13
    julyjane 13
    Laois_Man 13
    Epicurus 12
    nlgbbbblth 11
    blondie7 11
    livinginkorea 11
    Okocim 11
    Ste- 10
    Kerrydude1981 9
    LC2010HIS 9
    endakenny 9
    sue z 9
    leahyl 7
    pavcro10 7
    Karen23 7
    deelite 7
    msg11 7
    Carstuck 6
    optogirl 6
    dirtypanties 5
    shadowninty 5
    Shakyfan 5
    Deise 2012 5
    willmunny1990 5
    Alice1 5
    Samich 5
    hiscan 5
    Wanderer2010 5
    Temaz 4
    CaptainNegative 4
    delta_bravo 4
    maggienx 4
    doovdela 4
    misschoo 4
    cofy 4
    Kazbah 3
    xalot 3
    Ciderswigger 3
    los5845 3
    padd b1975 3
    Mr E 3
    jenny30 3
    Eradicate 3
    nice_very 3
    patwicklow 3
    closeline 3
    SoapFan27 3
    FionnB 3
    Sam Tyler 3
    FUNKYTOWWWN 2
    branie 2
    chuckliddell 2
    Stargazer7 2
    frag420 2
    lovinit 2
    kitsy13 2
    vektarman 2
    leonidas83 2
    halkar 2
    Absurdum 2
    Irishgalclare 2
    123balltv 1
    RVD420 1
    HardLuckWoman 1
    RH149 1
    Always number 1 1
    evillive 1
    tomcruiser 1
    Piglet85 1
    scriba 1
    Galwayguy35 1
    Elmo 1
    SuperInfinity 1
    Spanish Eyes 1
    Chinafoot 1
    c_man 1
    Dennis the Stone 1
    A Disgrace 1
    Cherry_Angel 1
    miju 1
    too little too late 1
    Mad Davy Kidd 1
    Sigourney 1
    Basq 1
    Tandey 1
    paullyons00 1
    tajd 1
    frostfright 1
    Donahg 1
    The Mary Clarke 1
    Storminateacup 1
    Show Thread & C

If you think that, it shows you don't know me at all..

Anyway this is the Fair City thread so back to FC for me :)

It's confession time in Fair City tonight (November 15) on RTÉ One as Tommy (Geoff Minogue) is forced to tell wife Judith (Catherine Byrne) about his affair with Jo (Rachel Sarah Murphy).

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1115/faircity.html

Some great pics in that link :D

The taxi regulator has said you can pick whatever taxi you want to get in, so what is wrong with that?

I have checked the posters for this thread as referenced below and it says you only posted these amount of times..

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 1,266
    User Name Posts
    angel01 159
    JP Liz V1 111
    ameliajane 96
    max life 90
    unitedrover 84
    Harry Angstrom 44
    JonathanAnon 40
    C-J 37
    dirtyghettokid 35
    Fittle 29
    Long Room Hubba 27
    jos28 26
    Gingersnaps 26
    JONJO THE MISER 23
    DeepBlue 20
    IsMiseLisa 18
    iguana 16
    Murdoc90 15
    rogercar 13
    Bright__Eyes 13
    julyjane 13
    Laois_Man 13
    Epicurus 12
    nlgbbbblth 11
    blondie7 11
    livinginkorea 11
    Okocim 11
    Ste- 10
    Kerrydude1981 9
    LC2010HIS 9
    endakenny 9
    sue z 9
    leahyl 7
    pavcro10 7
    Karen23 7
    deelite 7
    msg11 7
    Carstuck 6
    optogirl 6
    dirtypanties 5
    shadowninty 5
    Shakyfan 5
    Deise 2012 5
    willmunny1990 5
    Alice1 5
    Samich 5
    hiscan 5
    Wanderer2010 5
    Temaz 4
    CaptainNegative 4
    delta_bravo 4
    maggienx 4
    doovdela 4
    misschoo 4
    cofy 4
    Kazbah 3
    xalot 3
    Ciderswigger 3
    los5845 3
    padd b1975 3
    Mr E 3
    jenny30 3
    Eradicate 3
    nice_very 3
    patwicklow 3
    closeline 3
    SoapFan27 3
    FionnB 3
    Sam Tyler 3
    FUNKYTOWWWN 2
    branie 2
    chuckliddell 2
    Stargazer7 2
    frag420 2
    lovinit 2
    kitsy13 2
    vektarman 2
    leonidas83 2
    halkar 2
    Absurdum 2
    Irishgalclare 2
    123balltv 1
    RVD420 1
    HardLuckWoman 1
    RH149 1
    Always number 1 1
    evillive 1
    tomcruiser 1
    Piglet85 1
    scriba 1
    Galwayguy35 1
    Elmo 1
    SuperInfinity 1
    Spanish Eyes 1
    Chinafoot 1
    c_man 1
    Dennis the Stone 1
    A Disgrace 1
    Cherry_Angel 1
    miju 1
    too little too late 1
    Mad Davy Kidd 1
    Sigourney 1
    Basq 1
    Tandey 1
    paullyons00 1
    tajd 1
    frostfright 1
    Donahg 1
    The Mary Clarke 1
    Storminateacup 1
    Show Thread & C

If you think that, it shows you don't know me at all..

Anyway this is the Fair City thread so back to FC for me :)

Check the stats for the old Fair City thread.

Sean and Dearbhla lose their virginity to each other
    next week

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    next week
    Gosh they are quick movers!
    :eek::eek:
    She was friends with Philip for ages and nothing happened there... very unrealistic I have to say... Wonder will she end up pregnant from it?

• Advertisement

Check the stats for the old Fair City thread.

Sorry I missed your 12 posts on the other thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

jos28 wrote: »
    Doh ! Sorry I meant Dominic, how could I confuse him with Malachy ??
    I think it was Farrah # 3 and she did look old alright.

Easy enough mistake. I'm not sure, but wasn't Malachy a priest before he was married??? (In FC)

Easy enough mistake. I'm not sure, but wasn't Malachy a priest before he was married??? (In FC)

That's correct, he left that.. FC did actually have a thing for priests, remember Dolores and the priest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

[....] In my opinion, most taxi drivers are aggressive idiots....[...]

Strange thing to say. (Nah don't bother to count my posts).

Somebody wanted to know about the Zumo character? Nice guy off Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

max life wrote: »
    I think she was the original Dolores Molloy

Ah yes......remember now...."The Doll" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

next week
    Sean has good taste ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Wow, Tommy seems sooo sorry :rolleyes: very unconvincing acting from him IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Dearbhla is a cracking little actress. Great potential there. One of the few of the Fair City bunch who actually can act without any falseness. Plus, she can manage subtlety which is more than many of them can manage too. :D

Was the scene with Tommy confessing really dark? Like, the lighting was really dark around his face? Coulda just been my dodgy tellybox or dodgy lighting from FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What is going on in the Dillon household??! Judith tonight to Tommy "We had an understanding, that whatever you did you wouldn't bring it to my door" or something like that??! Weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Fabulous acting from catherine byrne, absolutely top notch!! She leaves most of the other 'actors' in the shade

• Advertisement

C-J wrote: »
    Fabulous acting from catherine byrne, absolutely top notch!! She leaves most of the other 'actors' in the shade

The actresses who play Judith and Dearbhla are the only ones in the Dillion family who can act

The actresses who play Judith and Dearbhla are the only ones in the Dillion family who can act

Aww I like Tommy :D

Rashers wrote: »
    Strange thing to say. (Nah don't bother to count my posts).

Somebody wanted to know about the Zumo character? Nice guy off Fair City.

I said it because if you are on O'Connell Street (D1) and are around that rank, most of those (if not all) of those drivers constantly are shouting at each other across the rank, constantly beeping their horns. Let's just say I wouldn't be comfortable getting in any of those drivers Taxi's. :eek:

I agree with you on the actor who plays Zumo, when I met him, he was so nice and very friendly. Seemed to be quite shy too which surprised me! :) Nothing like his character...

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I agree with you on the actor who plays Zumo, when I met him, he was so nice and very friendly. Seemed to be quite shy too which surprised me! :) Nothing like his character...

He did a spot on the Republic of Telly a couple of nights ago.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1121751

It's about twelve minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Did you see the look on Judith's face before the break?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Judith did well last night I must say. Normally don't like her as she has the strangest sing-song voice i've ever heard and it bugs the sh!t out of me!!
    Had to laugh at a couple of her lines:

to Tommy: "Make Her A Sandwich!!!!"

and when Jo said she even broke up with Tommy:
    - "aw.. aren't ya great!" :D

I lol'd!

Also great to see Jo get her comeuppance finally, altho I really dont kno how Judith didnt pull the head off her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

sue z wrote: »
    Judith did well last night I must say. Normally don't like her as she has the strangest sing-song voice i've ever heard and it bugs the sh!t out of me!!
    Had to laugh at a couple of her lines:

to Tommy: "Make Her A Sandwich!!!!"

and when Jo said she even broke up with Tommy:
    - "aw.. aren't ya great!" :D

I lol'd!

Also great to see Jo get her comeuppance finally, altho I really dont kno how Judith didnt pull the head off her...

Let's see what happens. BTW did you see Jo whining about the affect on poor little Ben ;)....when the other night she didn't give a damn about DEarbhla.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I missed last night's episode. Feck!
    Nothing's been happening for ages and the one night that something happens, I miss it because of the match!

Double feck RTE for not having FC on the RTE player! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 OddJobz

Is it any easier to enjoy Fair City if you are of below average intelligence?

I am considering having a lobotomy so that I can enjoy Fair City without having to resist the urge to put my foot through the television.

Ridiculous scripts, chronic acting, poor direction....

Eamon Morrissey and Brian Murray should hang their heads in shame that they have any connection to this programme at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

OddJobz wrote: »
    Is it any easier to enjoy Fair City if you are of below average intelligence?

I am considering having a lobotomy so that I can enjoy Fair City without having to resist the urge to put my foot through the television.

Ridiculous scripts, chronic acting, poor direction....

Eamon Morrissey and Brian Murray should hang their heads in shame that they have any connection to this programme at all.

Don't do that. Just use the remote control to change channels. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement