Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    They don't have one on a Sunday but do on the other three days.
    That's the point. They didn't have a preview at the end of last night's or tonight's episode. Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yep, no previews tonight and none last night. :confused:
    I'm sure Angel will be along shortly with an explanation.....she does work on the show after all. :pac: (joke, sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

endakenny wrote: »
    Why has RTÉ stopped doing the preview of the following episode at the end of the previous episode?

I don't know about anyone else but I find that if I watch the preview of the following episode, then I don't have to watch the full episode the following night. I reckon RTE have figured this out ;)

On the subject of Christy's shop, I would've thought that Spar would have their own contracted professional shop outfitters to do the transformation. Do we really expect that a pair of jacks of all trade like Damo and the vicar from Glenroe would actually be capable of transforming Christy's old shop into a Spar, especially as it seeemed to take them a week to take the detachable shelves from the old shop and put them in a skip???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I don't know about anyone else but I find that if I watch the preview of the following episode, then I don't have to watch the full episode the following night. I reckon RTE have figured this out ;)

On the subject of Christy's shop, I would've thought that Spar would have their own contracted professional shop outfitters to do the transformation. Do we really expect that a pair of jacks of all trade like Damo and the vicar from Glenroe would actually be capable of transforming Christy's old shop into a Spar, especially as it seeemed to take them a week to take the detachable shelves from the old shop and put them in a skip???

It is a way of them giving them a story and nice to see them getting a job from a local business man :)

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Yep, no previews tonight and none last night. :confused:
    I'm sure Angel will be along shortly with an explanation.....she does work on the show after all. :pac: (joke, sorry)

haha... will ask them on twitter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I thought Cass was great last night winding up Charlie.
    When did Neasa and Sash become such great friends???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Think Sash and Robert are so cute!Cant believe how much of a goody two shoes Neasa is since she first joined the show, Turlock (?) really has changed her! Hoping Suzanne and Damien dont get back together. Wonder how the Lucy storyline will develop, there is great scope there for her to be a super conwoman!! Poor Wayne really needs some lovin', he's like a dog in heat haha

• Registered Users Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Think Sash and Robert are so cute!Cant believe how much of a goody two shoes Neasa is since she first joined the show, Turlock (?) really has changed her! Hoping Suzanne and Damien dont get back together. Wonder how the Lucy storyline will develop, there is great scope there for her to be a super conwoman!! Poor Wayne really needs some lovin', he's like a dog in heat haha

I wanna see Wayne with Neasa and Damo with Orla

I would like to see Wayne with someone better... could introduce a decent character for him... Neasa wouldn't suit...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paullyons00

Ive been popping in and out of FC for a while so can someone answer me this? Whats happened to Mark all off a sudden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Alice1

Mark is gone to join the Army ....in Galway I think.

I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I simply can't abide Wayne! I even hear his voice doing the Strepsils ad and it grates on me. I hear other FC actors on other ads and they don't bother me at all. It is just Wayne.

Ive been popping in and out of FC for a while so can someone answer me this? Whats happened to Mark all off a sudden?

Psycho Mark suddenly turned over a new leaf and became a lover of butterflies and flowers and all things nice. He then moved to Galway with an ex-girlfriend who turned up from nowhere one day, and they both lived happily ever after.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Mark is gone to join the Army ....in Galway I think.

I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I simply can't abide Wayne! I even hear his voice doing the Strepsils ad and it grates on me. I hear other FC actors on other ads and they don't bother me at all. It is just Wayne.

:eek::eek:

I love Wayne, I think he is a brilliant character and I think he is a brilliant actor to boot, he makes the show so fun to me, I think he does comedy very well, would like to see him given a deep storyline...

each to their own though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

On the subject of Christy's shop, I would've thought that Spar would have their own contracted professional shop outfitters to do the transformation.

Yea but professional shop outfitters wouldn't have found the Doyle's scribbles on the walls and we wouldn't have had 2 episodes as a result.:rolleyes:
    Add me to the list of Wayne fans, I think he is hilarious. He needs a woman though. Did anyone hear Louie on Colm Hayes this morning. Very sexy voice, I'm sure it's on a podcast. It's to do with the FC competition they are running.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So the shop is going to be turned into a Spar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So the shop is going to be turned into a Spar?
    00052d9c-628.jpg

00052d9b-628.jpg

00052d9a-628.jpg

00052d98-628.jpg

Possibly.....it's hard to be sure. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Don't like the look of the shop. Looks tacky and nothing like a real Spar shop, all the Spar shops have electric doors well the ones I have seen.

msg11 wrote: »
    Don't like the look of the shop. Looks tacky and nothing like a real Spar shop, all the Spar shops have electric doors well the ones I have seen.

They can't do that, it is a set not a real shop. they will have the front of the shop like that and the indoor shop will be in a different location on the set.

Remember it is a TV show.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Looks like that woman from Father Ted (forgotten her charcter name) is coming to work for Christy in Spar....imagine she will try and be the boss from the way she's been with him so far in the show!!

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Looks like that woman from Father Ted (forgotten her charcter name) is coming to work for Christy in Spar....imagine she will try and be the boss from the way she's been with him so far in the show!!

And we all know they'll eventually get together :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Alice1

And we all know they'll eventually get together :rolleyes:
    Eeeeeugh! Not her and Christy - please...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Can't believe will have to endure Sister Assumpta as a regular! Might have to switch off altogether.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'm off work today and just watching last nights episode again (never get to see it properly with the little fella here!)...I'm just wondering why Judith said to Paul 'Sure we must hook up for a drink over the weekend' when he came into the bistro? Is this another friendship in carrigstown that I haven't noticed (Paul & Niamh with Judith & Tommy):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Fittle wrote: »
    I'm off work today and just watching last nights episode again (never get to see it properly with the little fella here!)...I'm just wondering why Judith said to Paul 'Sure we must hook up for a drink over the weekend' when he came into the bistro? Is this another friendship in carrigstown that I haven't noticed (Paul & Niamh with Judith & Tommy):confused:

Yea a couple of weeks ago Niamh and Judith became very close, they were meeting for lunch a lot. It was the same time that Paul said if he had a free card he would pick Judith. Niamh told Judith and she started suspecting Tommy was having an affair. I think that's what happened open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fittle wrote: »

Just like Neasa & Sash and Niamh & Carol "friendships" in Carrigstown come out of nowhere :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

angel01 wrote: »
    They can't do that, it is a set not a real shop. they will have the front of the shop like that and the indoor shop will be in a different location on the set.

Remember it is a TV show.... :D

I know angel, I know :) . But I am a man for my continuity, it has to be done right.

I remember watching one episode, the card reader in the doctors wouldn't work. I was thinking to myself of course it won't work it's a 3v voucher machine! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

sue z wrote: »
    Can't believe will have to endure Sister Assumpta as a regular! Might have to switch off altogether.... :/

Christy better not leave her in charge of the Easter Eggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Im a bit of an attention to detail freak too! My brother is a store developer for a major irish brand and he'd be in charge of every aspect of the reopening of a new store, layout, design, lighting, paintwork and whatnot, and they employ their own builders. Once you sign up to a major brand, you lose all control. So watching damien and the other dude bumbling around the place was unrealistic, but i'm just being ridiculously pedantic :p

jos28 wrote: »
    Christy better not leave her in charge of the Easter Eggs

I still can't get that image out of my head of Sister Assumpta in her granny knickers making a glutton of herself on the floor of Father Ted's living room. :D

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just like Neasa & Sash and Niamh & Carol "friendships" in Carrigstown come out of nowhere :p

They have to give Carol a decent friend, she has lost Tracey :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement