Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

SO Louie made his son homeless ?
    I would have said yes but unless I missed something in the last episode we don't know if the eviction order is from Louie, all will be revealed to-night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Farrell some years ago :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Dermot's acting taking that call was APPALLING :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,095 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What flat can Carol get :confused: surely not her own one :rolleyes:

Isnt Bob a co-owner of the pub shouldnt he be involved with any decisions Louis makes

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Ok I'm not actually a fan of the show but it's on in my house every night so I do follow it a bit.

One thing I've noticed over the last few weeks is a awful piece of character development from the writers. I mean, the character development is poor at best in this show but this case has to be one of the worst.

I don't know what the character's name is, she's Christy's wife/girlfriend is all I know. Anyway, I remember when her and Christy first got into a relationship, she was incredible nice and friendly. Yet over the last few weeks, leading up till Christmas, her character has just become ridiculously aggresive and ignorant. It just seems that anytime she interacts with any other character, except Christy, she either attacks them or just talking really ignorant about another character.

I mean it's just terrible from paid writers. How do these guys manage to be so bad when shows like Love/Hate can have such great storylines? Seriously, do they not realise this kind of stuff when they're writing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Stephen was amazing in that scene, training Orla, then the sympathetic "sorry" to Caddle

• Registered Users Posts: 85,095 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So did Louis sell the pub to Yvonne?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

worst acting ever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Ben took his grandfather's death really well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

nice_very wrote: »
    Stephen was amazing in that scene, training Orla, then the sympathetic "sorry" to Caddle
    I can't believe Stephen has been passed over for promotion without even an interview? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The faces Val is pulling is getting worse, when she was behind Renee in the shop she looked like a dolt. Also I think Ben is getting the lyrics wrong to Jingle bells

Hitchens wrote: »
    I can't believe Stephen has been passed over for promotion without even an interview? :(

he should strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

How come Stephen isn't being made manager of McCoys?
    Edit, beaten to it

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

dixiedan wrote: »
    But was Yvonne not in favour of Carol and Loius getting married? Or was there some sort of Machiavellian plot in Yvonne's mind? Or doesn't Louis own the pub anyway (ok I know Bob has a tuppeny halfpenny share in the pub) so surely it's his call to evict Carroll? Or ....doesn't matter ... FC is crap this last while :mad:

Yvonne will become herself again. Nice and sweet doesn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Stephenmania has started. "The glasses are there, the crates are there." Said with such passion!

As for Val, yes she is getting beyond annoying now, and you know how FC has this Paid Product Placement deal with Spar - well she's not exactly a good advertisement for the customer service department is she - snooping on people's conversations, giving everyone that buys something a piece of her mind. Spar might quickly want to pull out of that contract because she is surely the shop assistant from hell. I lay the blame with the writers though, because her comments are making her less and less credible as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Val will be gobsmacked for once when Eddie's past is revealed.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

vektarman wrote: »
    How come Stephen isn't being made manager of McCoys?
    Edit, beaten to it

Stephen was the obvious choice. It is an absolute disgrace that he did not get the gig. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dixiedan

The faces Val is pulling is getting worse, when she was behind Renee in the shop she looked like a dolt.

The constant facial contortions and head shaking and nosiness of that woman are getting beyond a joke now. As someone said before, I can't wait for the day she finds out about her precious son Eddy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

The constant facial contortions and head shaking and nosiness of that woman are getting beyond a joke now. As someone said before, I can't wait for the day she finds out about her precious son Eddy :mad:

I wish Christy would tell her to f**k off, she's a terrible ould wagon. Am also counting down the days until she finds out about Eddie and his time inside.

i hate christmas is on fair city same old the center storyline every year with charlie kelly and they threw in val this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

But was Yvonne not in favour of Carol and Loius getting married? Or was there some sort of Machiavellian plot in Yvonne's mind? Or doesn't Louis own the pub anyway (ok I know Bob has a tuppeny halfpenny share in the pub) so surely it's his call to evict Carroll? Or ....doesn't matter ... FC is crap this last while :mad:

The whole thing doesn't make any sense, unless, of course, there's some sort of mad Fair City twist to the whole thing, for example, it's not Yvonne behind it at all, but some gangland ex pal of Carol's to whom Louis sold the pub, who is hellbent on some sort of revenge for something Billy Meehan did to them back in the day. I know that doesn't make feck all sense either, but - hey - it is Fair City!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dixiedan

they threw in val this year

Ah Jeez...next you'll be telling me that the scrawny a$$ed auld scrounger Cass will be served up to us on Christmas Fair City :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Which flat does Tracey own? Why am I bothering? FC writers are treating us with contempt this last few weeks. ..... grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

sffc wrote: »
    Which flat does Tracey own? Why am I bothering? FC writers are treating us with contempt this last few weeks. ..... grrrrr
    Tracey and Dominic own the house Bob stays in.

It used to be owned by Hannah, Yvonne's granny.

I don't think Tracey owns any other property, but this is FC, conntinuity is not a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Shamrock21

The acting was ****e tonight even more than usual and I'm looking at it for 3.42 minutes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

I like how they are easing the big steve in . About time he got his break . He pulled off the awkwardness of the situation where he was just an employee wanting to be loyal to the boss and yet getting on with the change . His body language was great .
    I think he is going to swindle/ inherit the pub in the end .

Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

I get great satisfaction from Ben, even though the acting is diabolical, I keep hoping it will work and Maeve will not come around anymore. Was there no-one there to teach him the real words of jingle bells?

Orla's looking great.

How could Tommy say: 'Judith's excited, so am I' in such a deadpan not excited at all voice?

Does Val not look at herself? Surely, even if the Directors (are blind and) don't notice it, she'd cop herself on when she'd see herself on the screen. Why do the other actors not say, Ah here now, Val stop that crappy carry on, you're embarrassing me, I can't do a scene with you going on like that? She should get some lessons in 'effortless and discrete' with el maestro Stephen.

DramaQuee wrote: »
    I get great satisfaction from Ben, even though the acting is diabolical, I keep hoping it will work and Maeve will not come around anymore. Was there no-one there to teach him the real words of jingle bells?

Orla's looking great.

How could Tommy say: 'Judith's excited, so am I' in such a deadpan not excited at all voice?

Does Val not look at herself? Surely, even if the Directors (are blind and) don't notice it, she'd cop herself on when she'd see herself on the screen. Why do the other actors not say, Ah here now, Val stop that crappy carry on, you're embarrassing me, I can't do a scene with you going on like that? She should get some lessons in 'effortless and discrete' with el maestro Stephen.

in. a. nutshell.

maybe his downfall is that he is too good.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The whole thing doesn't make any sense, unless, of course, there's some sort of mad Fair City twist to the whole thing, for example, it's not Yvonne behind it at all, but some gangland ex pal of Carol's to whom Louis sold the pub, who is hellbent on some sort of revenge for something Billy Meehan did to them back in the day. I know that doesn't make feck all sense either, but - hey - it is Fair City!:p

No you're right, why would Louis turf his son out of his accommodation. Maybe Louis has had a mental breakdown and Ingrid has Power of Attorney, and it's her legal team instructing Farrell. Which brings me onto why is Farrell Louis' solicitor - that doesn't make sense. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The anti-Val comments are encouraging.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement