Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

my dad brought up a really good point tonight when val is talking she throws herself all to
    one side

has there ever been a child in any soap that anyone likes example ben in FC or simon in CS

What's so good about that point? Pass remarkable if you ask me !

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Gee_G wrote: »
    I'd say going by the solicitor that gave her the notice, I'd say it's some of the rough crowd that she was married into years ago. Could be totally wrong but just a feeling! And I can not think of any of their bloody names! :)

I don't think the pub ever had a full house when Louis was at the helm. As soon as he scarpers the place turns into the galley. Doesn't say alot for Louis. Carol hasn't lost her touch. She should contact her former sister in-law, Chrissie, that would keep the wolves from the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

wordsmithi wrote: »
    I was a bit cruel there with that remark. Can't see what Laura saw in Emily, and she a fitness fanatic. It just doesn't add up. (It is FC so that answers itself).

Suppose they were leading with the wacky notion that it's not always all about looks.

Hope Carol puts up a fight, I love seeing feisty Carol back, have to disagree with a few posters here, think she's actually quite a good actress, at least by Fair City standards.

Suppose they were leading with the wacky notion that it's not always all about looks.

Hope Carol puts up a fight, I love seeing feisty Carol back, have to disagree with a few posters here, think she's actually quite a good actress, at least by Fair City standards.

Have to agree with you on both counts. I thought Carol was a good actress throughout the death of Lorcan and when Billy was vicious to her. Very realistic. Val should take lessons from her.

Carol and Louis were also examples of opposites attract. I thought that Carol was too feisty for him. Louis is a very weak character. He is spineless and he showed that so well in his last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Have to agree with you on both counts. I thought Carol was a good actress throughout the death of Lorcan and when Billy was vicious to her. Very realistic. Val should take lessons from her.

Carol and Louis were also examples of opposites attract. I thought that Carol was too feisty for him. Louis is a very weak character. He is spineless and he showed that so well in his last episode.
    Billy! That's the name I was trying to remember for my earlier post!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

I wonder if Carol is going to move in with Bob. That might be where his fondness of her was going.... Then he would get to be around Jack a lot. Looks like she is going to need him, but it's hard to know, I see Christy is there for her too. Orla busybody needs someone to tell her to feck off, I was sorry it wasn't Carol.
    More Stephen pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Orla could do with some big story. She is really just floating around the place with a few little words of wisdom for everyone. She is in the show long enough to get a role she can sink her teeth into. Bob and Carol? What a thought! Would he adopt Jack? Louis's reaction would be interesting to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Orla could do with some big story. She is really just floating around the place with a few little words of wisdom for everyone. She is in the show long enough to get a role she can sink her teeth into. Bob and Carol? What a thought! Would he adopt Jack? Louis's reaction would be interesting to say the least!

If Bob and Carol get together we'll need a Ted and Alice to make it more interesting.

Marcusm wrote: »
    If Bob and Carol get together we'll need a Ted and Alice to make it more interesting.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love.........................................

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

And if Carol and that slimeball solicitor got together she'd be

Carol Farrell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

gammygils wrote: »

Carol Farrell

I think - if memory serves me correctly - that she was with Farrell in the pre Christy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I think - if memory serves me correctly - that she was with Farrell in the pre Christy days.

He was definitely around before, I recognise his face but can't remember if Carol was with him or not. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Yeah they were definitely a couple for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Carol and Farrell were a couple for a while.. around the time Sylvester Garrigan was around.. Speaking of SYLVESTER.. Fair City seem to have strayed away from giving characters ridiculous names. oh..Zak???? :rolleyes:

Does Fair City still have some former Eastenders writers?

Dolores (can't spell her name properly) and Carol were giving a performance very much like the style of EE. It is a little bit obvious. I think Bridget DeCourcey is the woman from EastE,. Farrell and Carol were an item and I think he was involved up to his neck in dodgy dealings with Ali's Uncle Mick and Garrigan, the big crime boss post Billy Meehan era.

How is Farrell managing to be legit and have power is beyond me.

The mind boggles and not for the first time with Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Dolores (can't spell her name properly) and Carol were giving a performance very much like the style of EE. It is a little bit obvious. I think Bridget DeCourcey is the woman from EastE,. Farrell and Carol were an item and I think he was involved up to his neck in dodgy dealings with Ali's Uncle Mick and Garrigan, the big crime boss post Billy Meehan era.

How is Farrell managing to be legit and have power is beyond me.

The mind boggles and not for the first time with Fair City

You got Dolores' name correct here:-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

gammygils wrote: »

Carol Farrell

Actually it'd be Cardle Fardle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Carol and Farrell were a couple for a while.. around the time Sylvester Garrigan was around.. Speaking of SYLVESTER.. Fair City seem to have strayed away from giving characters ridiculous names. oh..Zak???? :rolleyes:

Does Fair City still have some former Eastenders writers?

Yeah, I thought so. I have a vague recollection of him giving her a bouquet of flowers.

As for the ridiculous names - the worst had to be Fr Thaddeus! I mean - any priests I've ever encountered are usually Fr John, Fr Michael, Fr Paddy, etc. The name would have been more fitting, were FC set in the nineteenth century. And Zak's full name is Issac http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/characters/zakdillon.html which I find a strange choice, considering that Tommy and Judith are obviously fond of the Irish names (Neasa, Caoimhe, Dearbhla) In real life, young Zak would be called something like Oisin or Fiachra. Then again, it is Fair City... 'Nuff said..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

amdublin wrote: »
    Actually it'd be Cardle Fardle

Or maybe Caddle Faddle:p

Or maybe Caddle Faddle:p

sounds like a tongue twister. Try saying it fast if you are like Jonathan Ross and can't pronounce your r's.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

sounds like a tongue twister. Try saying it fast if you are like Jonathan Ross and can't pronounce your r's.

But there are no R's in "Caddle Faddle" as Christie would say.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

max life wrote: »
    Yeah they were definitely a couple for a while

AFAIR he tried it on but she turned him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I think Ingrid is behind Carols eviction make her look bad no home for Jack etc

But there are no R's in "Caddle Faddle" as Christie would say.:cool:

I forgot that the r's were absent there but the "correct" version is full of them.
    What is Farrell's first name? Does he have one?

dave1982 wrote: »
    I think Ingrid is behind Carols eviction make her look bad no home for Jack etc

or Yvonne? Both women are capable of it and worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

[QUOTE=Deleted User;82223635
    has there ever been a child in any soap that anyone likes example ben in FC or simon in CS[/QUOTE]

I prefer Beths son in CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I forgot that the r's were absent there but the "correct" version is full of them.
    What is Farrell's first name? Does he have one?
    Antony Farrell.

Not the sort of names that would instill fear. Sylvester, Billy, Anthony and Uncle Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭dixiedan

or Yvonne? Both women are capable of it and worse.

But was Yvonne not in favour of Carol and Loius getting married? Or was there some sort of Machiavellian plot in Yvonne's mind? Or doesn't Louis own the pub anyway (ok I know Bob has a tuppeny halfpenny share in the pub) so surely it's his call to evict Carroll? Or ....doesn't matter ... FC is crap this last while :mad:

• Advertisement

SO Louie made his son homeless ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement