Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Cass- would you ever get out of that stupid elf uniform you're wearing ffs! You stopped being funny a long time ago. But whatever you put on, don't put on that brown jacket. I'm sick of looking at it ffs!

Val- change your hairstyle ....please :(

Ben - you little pr!ckeen, stop being so irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

As for a possible Laura/Neasa pairing, I wonder if Caoimhe, rather than Neasa is the intended Laura love interest. She has been in a few of the scenes with them, and it looked like (maybe it's just me) that Laura gave her a bit of an appraising glance when she was dressed up in the Santa outfit.

That Santa outfit scene was over WAYYYY too quickly (note to self, must learn how to use pause button)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

dixiedan wrote: »

Ben - you little pr!ckeen, stop being so irritating.

Now that is just a perfect description of Ben - loving it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Did someone put superglue on Laura's bar stool?
    Is the elf suit the only item of clothing that Cass has or is his laundry stuck in the washing machine?
    Carol seemed more upset by what Dolly said to her rather than Louie's betrayal. She had a party when he skipped town.
    Louie didn't seem to own much, all his worldly goods fitted into a bin bag. Not a hoarder anyway. One thing about him. He is easy to dump.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When Laura start living in the Station and being friends with the Dillion girls :confused:

She is in a man free zone or she had eye surgery when emily ran away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

wordsmithi wrote: »
    She probably had eye surgery when her ex left.

Aww.. Poor ould Emily!:D Wonder if she'll come back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Is the elf suit the only item of clothing that Cass has or is his laundry stuck in the washing machine

He has his famous brown leather jacket and his purple perverts tracksuit too :p

Is the elf suit the only item of clothing that Cass has or is his laundry stuck in the washing machine

He has his famous brown leather jacket and his purple perverts tracksuit too :p

Christmas is coming. He might get some new clothes:rolleyes:
    Surely the helping hand will help him. They can't go wrong. Dress sense is already as bad as it gets.

Is it just me or is val just so unnatural and it is really so obvious that she is acting.

my dad brought up a really good point tonight when val is talking she throws herself all to
    one side

has there ever been a child in any soap that anyone likes example ben in FC or simon in CS

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When Laura start living in the Station and being friends with the Dillion girls :confused:

10 euro says its leading up to new yeard eve kiss laura and nessa ding dong 12am no guys around and nessa looks kinda upset and laura says ill kiss you & nessa says why not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

10 euro says its leading up to new yeard eve kiss laura and nessa ding dong 12am no guys around and nessa looks kinda upset and laura says ill kiss you & nessa says why not

as I said before.....

Dear Santa......

also, I wish the writers would just let Stephen ad lib, he seemed so held back tonight with his lines

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

nice_very wrote: »
    as I said before.....

Dear Santa......

also, I wish the writers would just let Stephen ad lib, he seemed so held back tonight with his lines
    Stephen got a few good lines in tonight . I think he is starting to cacoon from an extra to a main player . I think he should have a word with orla about her being the town interferer on camera to show his range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

my dad brought up a really good point tonight when val is talking she throws herself all to
    one side

has there ever been a child in any soap that anyone likes example ben in FC or simon in CS

Yes noticed that and the noddy head moving, (she is sort of like Sailor Pig from Xfactor contestants) Renee should have clattered her with a B**b when she got stroppy.

No, all the children are precocious, obnoxious and nerve-grating. Clara wasn't as bad as others, but she was ... over grinny and I just felt uncomfortable with her on screen. I feel sorry for those parents paying a fortune for drama lessons. If it's the best national standard it's absolutely disgraceful. I don't blame the kids (really). The Late Late toy show is just toe curlingly embarrassing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

one side

Simon in Corrie is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hopefully never.

"I can't really get involved" - f*ck off!

Jamie in Coronation Street. [Son of Tricia]

Is it just me or is val just so unnatural and it is really so obvious that she is acting.

Totally unnatural and grotesque.

Impossible to take her seriously - all I can think of is the Fetchit/Grabit double act.

Well, Chesney in Corrie as a little fella and another red- haired lad (is it a coincidence or ......) Jay in Eastenders as a young fella were good actors imho.

Anyone a fan of 'The Wonder Years'. The guy who played the boy Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage) was a super actor. That is what I call talented. Himself and his best friend Paul and of course, Winnie Cooper, his first love.........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

Re; bearable younger actors, all those mentioned as good actors are in non-Irish soaps etc. I think it must the drama schools here that gives us the particular brand of sickening embarrassing child actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Does anyone ever say Trollop in real life?

DramaQuee wrote: »
    Re; bearable younger actors, all those mentioned as good actors are in non-Irish soaps etc. I think it must the drama schools here that gives us the particular brand of sickening embarrassing child actor.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case for us irish audiences!:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

The most annoying child after Ben of course has to be Zak with his posh accent and him supposed to be from Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Does anyone know who the owner of the pub is who is getting Carol evicted? Was thinking its Louis but surely he wouldn't be so bad as to make her and Jack homeless?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

eviltwin wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the owner of the pub is who is getting Carol evicted? Was thinking its Louis but surely he wouldn't be so bad as to make her and Jack homeless?
    Good point,I think Louis is only part owner with Bob so I don't know if Louis would have to get agreement from Bob in order to evict Carol, that's my take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'd say going by the solicitor that gave her the notice, I'd say it's some of the rough crowd that she was married into years ago. Could be totally wrong but just a feeling! And I can not think of any of their bloody names! :)

rocky1813 wrote: »
    The most annoying child after Ben of course has to be Zak with his posh accent and him supposed to be from Kilkenny.

Speaking of Zak, he doesn't seem to be missed by his family all that much.

vektarman wrote: »
    Good point,I think Louis is only part owner with Bob so I don't know if Louis would have to get agreement from Bob in order to evict Carol, that's my take on it.

I can't see Louis having any cuppa and a chat with Bob about anything!

Logics don't seem to have any place in the writers heads. It is probably another ill thought out idea like the Lucy saga.

• Advertisement

I was a bit cruel there with that remark. Can't see what Laura saw in Emily, and she a fitness fanatic. It just doesn't add up. (It is FC so that answers itself).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement