Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

When I was in college and my course would go pre drinking, it was always the wine drinkers who would be the ones who'd become "loss of motor control" drunk after a bottle.
    This made me view wine as the danger drink. The one that creeps up on you.
    I'm two bottles in and I feel pretty good stil. Like, I feel like I could talk my way past a checkpoint.If needs be.
    Maybe wine isn't a danger drink. Maybe the people that I went to college with were just soft.
    Wine ain't no thing.
    Bloody soft students.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

When I was in college and my course would go pre drinking, it was always the wine drinkers who would be the ones who'd become "loss of motor control" drunk after a bottle.
    This made me view wine as the danger drink. The one that creeps up on you.
    I'm two bottles in and I feel pretty good stil. Like, I feel like I could talk my way past a checkpoint.If needs be.
    Maybe wine isn't a danger drink. Maybe the people that I went to college with were just soft.
    Wine ain't no thing.
    Bloody soft students.
    Awaits "worst hangover ever, never drinking again" post. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Colm?

yeah, wine isn't a "total loss of motor control" kinda drink, wine is a "why is my body so full of painful acid" kinda drink :P

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Awaits "worst hangover ever, never drinking again" post. :P

Made it into work for 11 sans headache.not a massive fan of drinking but I'm well able for it:p Lager seems to be the only thing that gives me a hangover. Spirits and wine; wake up feeling fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Fav drinks - Pints of Guinness and Gin.

/thread

• Advertisement

this summer has grown my love of both stout and gin (in the past they were both my least favourite beer and spirit :o ) so I'm going to agree. Beamish though, can't beat it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Colm? wrote: »
    this summer has grown my love of both stout and gin (in the past they were both my least favourite beer and spirit :o ) so I'm going to agree. Beamish though, can't beat it

I started drinking Guinness this summer, at first just because I'd never bothered with it before. But my God, once you get a taste for the stuff it's game over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I started drinking Guinness this summer, at first just because I'd never bothered with it before. But my God, once you get a taste for the stuff it's game over!
    If I'm down in the country I would definitely have a Guinness. The Guinness in Dublin however can be a mixed bag. Most places mess around with the barrels and turns out to be pure crap.

yeah, I was always a little disgusted by stout, but this summer someone handed me a pint of Beamish and oh my god I loved it. I think it's all in the pour; some pubs just can't do it right

Smithwicks for the quiet few and whiskey for the late nights.

• Advertisement

Smithwicks is nice, but it's what I'd get if:

a) there's no craft ales there because I'm a dirty hipster
    b) I don't trust their stout pour

Whiskey though, that's for me.

(yay most of my posts on my new account are about alcohol)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Ahhhh lads go vodka or go home! I dont even like cider; unless its koppaberg strawberry..that shít tastes like ribena :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I do adore a Zac and Coke... If only you could buy naggins of the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Vodka for everything cause can have as much and mixed. Plus made of potatoes #keepingirishalive . Orchard thieves won my heart as a better cider. Although the lough bar in Limerick do a lovely craft cider.

Vodka for everything cause can have as much and mixed. Plus made of potatoes #keepingirishalive . Orchard thieves won my heart as a better cider. Although the lough bar in Limerick do a lovely craft cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I miss Bulmers. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lol one you vodka and cranberry is there any going back?
    Or tbh Id even drink vodka straight if I needed... :o
    Orchard Thieves is unreallllll for a casual drink or a kopperberg/Alska(The Aldi things?)
    I always find drinks taste a bit better with a cheeky smoke tho oops..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

deise_girl wrote: »
    Lol one you vodka and cranberry is there any going back?
    Or tbh Id even drink vodka straight if I needed... :o
    Orchard Thieves is unreallllll for a casual drink or a kopperberg/Alska(The Aldi things?)
    I always find drinks taste a bit better with a cheeky smoke tho oops..

Everything is better with a cheeky smoke tbh.

Until the next morning when you wake up and feel like your mouth has been rubbed down with sandpaper that is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I rarely (if ever) actually drink. I'm such a boring human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Are we still talking about booze?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I rarely (if ever) actually drink. I'm such a boring human being.

I basically gave up drinking a few years back because I felt it was becoming a problem for me. I basically will drink on a night out probably once or twice a year now.

Lately I've started having one or two bottles every few weeks with a takeaway or while watching a match or something. I'm basically trying to disassociate alcohol from the "Rawwwwrrrrr let's get f*cking plastered!" attitude I had before.

I had to give it up over the Summer (bar 2 nights) but tbf I think that's still good going coz it was just bringing me to such a bad place for a while.. Those 2 nights went fine tho no psychological damage thank god

Also on the note of a cheeky smoke I know like everyone just knows smoking is bad and that you shouldn't but is it really really a dodgy habit? If only ever when I'm drinking but omg the first night I drank this summer it was more looking forward to that I was than alcohol it was fab but I'm scared it will kill me if I continue

deise_girl wrote: »
    Also on the note of a cheeky smoke I know like everyone just knows smoking is bad and that you shouldn't but is it really really a dodgy habit? If only ever when I'm drinking but omg the first night I drank this summer it was more looking forward to that I was than alcohol it was fab but I'm scared it will kill me if I continue

TBH I think one or two every now and then is grand. Yeah, they're not good for you, but neither is the belly full of liquor or the dirty kebab you'll have that night. S'all part of living like.

Obviously if you feel like you need a smoke then you've got a problem, but honestly I don't see the distinction between cigarettes and alcohol, and those who try to pain cigarettes as some all encompassing evil while still enjoying alcohol are just deluded and hypocritical.

I could link the obligatory Bill Hicks thing, but I can't be arsed right now. :P

Seems to have become stupid this whole i only smoke when i drink ****e. please you dont need a smoke when you drink. i watch my addicted ex smoke a couple everytime we meet and dont see them drinking. but ive met several friends who started this whole only for social. if you can go weeks on end without one why start on your night out

Jhcx wrote: »
    Seems to have become stupid this whole i only smoke when i drink ****e. please you dont need a smoke when you drink. i watch my addicted ex smoke a couple everytime we meet and dont see them drinking. but ive met several friends who started this whole only for social. if you can go weeks on end without one why start on your night out

But, why not have one or two on a night out? Like, I don't need a smoke when I'm drinking, but if the opportunity comes up to have one, I'll go for it because it feels fecking great.

cause why have one in the first place. thats like the whole argument of smoking weed. dont need to do it. but its offered and there why not? i suppose i have a different view as a non smoker. but its like everyone one of you can go for ages without it but suddenly fall to the knees when opportunity presents itself. because its "cool" or a stress reliever. fck it i thought going for a few shots was a stress reliever.

cause why have one in the first place. thats like the whole argument of smoking weed. dont need to do it. but its offered and there why not? i suppose i have a different view as a non smoker. but its like everyone one of you can go for ages without it but suddenly fall to the knees when opportunity presents itself. because its "cool" or a stress reliever. fck it i thought going for a few shots was a stress reliever.

But it's not about "falling to the knees" for them. For me, it's purely a "Y'know, a smoke would be lovely right about now. Why the hell not?", same as "D'you know, I'd murder a pizza right now..."

Like, why did we all have our first pint? Like, what's the point of alcohol?

There's no point other than it makes us feel good.

I honestly don't understand why it's perfectly fine to have a few drinks every now and then, and everyone will say "Ah yeah, he only has a few social drinks every now and then.", but if someone smokes a few cigarettes they're "addicted and going to die with cancer and are deluding themselves into thinking they're not!"

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    TBH I think one or two every now and then is grand. Yeah, they're not good for you, but neither is the belly full of liquor or the dirty kebab you'll have that night. S'all part of living like.

Obviously if you feel like you need a smoke then you've got a problem, but honestly I don't see the distinction between cigarettes and alcohol, and those who try to pain cigarettes as some all encompassing evil while still enjoying alcohol are just deluded and hypocritical.

I could link the obligatory Bill Hicks thing, but I can't be arsed right now. :P
    One or two heh... <.<
    But yea like I know theyre bad for you but I eat terrible **** a lot of the time and like the toxins in alcohol etc etc like theres a lot bad for you but why deprive of everything when you could be the healthiest person ever and still run over by a bus one day

Ah I dont *need* one but I really enjoy having one so...
    Like I really enjoy eating a share pack of chocolates in one go or really enjoy staying out in the sun in hope of tanning..

I feel like Im aware a lot of things are bad for you but Id rather hear the actual reality of how bad things are rather than the extremes and possiblities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

not sure if talking about fags or weed :pac:

Advertisement