Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Slow Show wrote: »
    C&H's problem is lack of new blood I feel.

Hello. *Waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I guess i'll be the first one to say hello. Welcome.

Seriously since when did i become the receptionist?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Because you're friendly and welcoming. (I think) :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You're the eye candy Jhcx. Us ugos hide behind the door while you lure people in with those luscious lashes of yours.

Too creepy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I'm getting 404 errors, so something ain't right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

*whistles nonchalant tune*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    *whistles nonchalant tune*
    https://youtu.be/Zoiu8_K-eZg?t=2s

God I miss futurama :(

Manly tear falls

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Ahoy errbody. @Hugsie your posts have disappeared but no it wasn't offensive, us arts feckers deserve the abuse sure. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

oseia wrote: »
    Ahoy errbody. @Hugsie your posts have disappeared but no it wasn't offensive, us arts feckers deserve the abuse sure. :P

It wasnt me :mad: *death glare at wnolan* :pac:

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    It wasnt me :mad: *death glare at wnolan* :pac:

I imagine your glare looks like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Oi people who drive? How long roughly does it take to be able to pass the theory test by using the cd? \How many times would you have to do the test and how long in days/weeks would you be practicing for? Ive only done it a handful of times and have yet to pass. Im literally just guessing every answer

(yes i know i know theres a learning to drive forum)

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Oi people who drive? How long roughly does it take to be able to pass the theory test by using the cd? \How many times would you have to do the test and how long in days/weeks would you be practicing for? Ive only done it a handful of times and have yet to pass. Im literally just guessing every answer

(yes i know i know theres a learning to drive forum)

About less than 2 weeks. And few times just before the exam. Most questions you'll incounter on the CD will come up on the exam as a direct copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Jhcx wrote: »
    About less than 2 weeks. And few times just before the exam. Most questions you'll incounter on the CD will come up on the exam as a direct copy.

Deadly, just booked it for the 30th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I passed my driving test Thursday in a car I've never driven before and the freedom of a full license and a car is unreal :D

I passed my driving test Thursday in a car I've never driven before and the freedom of a full license and a car is unreal :D

Congrats! :D

Please though, never take the freedom aspect for granted. As someone who will likely never be able to drive, it seriously pisses me off when I see young people bitching about things like the theory test and not taking it seriously, and acting like it's such a major inconvenience to put in the effort to get a full licence.

And on a side note, people need to stop complaining about self-driving cars. I would give up both of my testicles in a second to have one and not have to rely on others for transport. :P

(Two unrelated points, but I've been reading sh*t on t'internet saying self-driving cars are a bad thing recently and I've been quietly stewing away here :P)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I probably won't ever be able to drive. I wish I could. I could go to Galway whenever I want and see the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I probably won't ever be able to drive. I wish I could. I could go to Galway whenever I want and see the guy.
    Thankfully, I've got a bus pass, so I can take the bus or train for free whenever I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

My legs are still super stiff after being in a car for so long. :( Left the house with my family this morning at 7.30 and arrived in Killarney after 2pm. We stopped over halfway there for food though.

Thankfully, I've got a bus pass, so I can take the bus or train for free whenever I want.

The pass is great

• Advertisement

I just paid €23 for a train...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why can't some of ye drive ? Is it a physical thing

When I was 8 I was ran over by a car, and was done quite badly too. Had a serious fear of cars for years, didn't drive until I was 17 which was very odd where I come from.

Still can't cross the road if I can see a car coming, even if it's 200m down the road, I just freeze

I've got dyspraxia, so my muscles don't like reacting when I tell them to. Technically I can drive, but I'd never be able to pass the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I've got dyspraxia, so my muscles don't like reacting when I tell them to. Technically I can drive, but I'd never be able to pass the test.

When I went to see a therapist last year, was talking over a lot of things with her. She thought I might have dyspraxia. Always been quite a clumsy person, useless at sport as a result. Still have a lot of difficulty tying knots and shoe laces. Hands just don't do what my brain tells it. Learned to ride a bike wayyy later than usual. Had some difficulty learning to drive, but wanted it so much I persevered. Now I drive on the 'wrong side' every day. Was never even tested for it because I always had neat handwriting.

I'm still curious to know if I have or have ever had dyspraxia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I probably won't touch a car either. Dyspraxia is a c*nt. Couldn't tie my shoes or ride a bike until I was 13 either :(

Also my handwriting is so goddamn awful too

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Congrats! :D

Please though, never take the freedom aspect for granted. As someone who will likely never be able to drive, it seriously pisses me off when I see young people bitching about things like the theory test and not taking it seriously, and acting like it's such a major inconvenience to put in the effort to get a full licence.

And on a side note, people need to stop complaining about self-driving cars. I would give up both of my testicles in a second to have one and not have to rely on others for transport. :P

(Two unrelated points, but I've been reading sh*t on t'internet saying self-driving cars are a bad thing recently and I've been quietly stewing away here :P)

I'd never this for granted. I think being cooped up in the middle of the country without a means of transport the last few years was actually making me sad. In all seriousness. My parents can be narky enough about lifts so I've missed out in nights out/parties/hanging out with friends because they'd decide 5 minutes before we were meant to leave that they didn't feel like driving me. So I've told my brother/sister that if they ever want to be dropped/collected to let me know because I know how **** it feels to miss out on things :( Being able to go whereverwithout depending on them is gr8..

I forget that people have reasons why they can't even go for a driving test. My friend got epilepsy after he crashed his car almost two and a half years ago, and he hasn't been let drive since then and it's so sad to hear about him going to the doctor over and over again and being told he's not allowed drive yet because his seizures aren't under control. Tis tough!

I may have said this before, but Tesco delivery is the best thing ever lads. I wish all supermarkets did this. It'd be savage.

On a related note, the white chocolate version of Chocolate Fingers... OMONONOMNOMNOM I could eat an entire box in one sitting... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

So I got asked to work the FAI banquet in work (theres a conference in the hotel I work) on Friday....so much talent <3 and Im not necessarily referring to their football skills :pac:

I kid I kid....its probably going to be 90% old men :P

If you find an excess of nice, hot, young footballers- send them on their way to Kerry ya hear?

Munster Final is in Killarney Saturday and all the students my age here in my new job are going together and isn't that just pure cute?

• Advertisement

FAI Banquets are usually great craic. My sister brought me to one that she got an honour at.

Advertisement