Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I came home from work today and went straight into bed with a headache. but towards the end of my 5hour sleep i had a dream about my ex and now i feel all weird because i cant tell if its a sign about bad things to come because it was pretty realistic and serious topic of conversation involving more people. or my heart still unable to let go.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I got those BN biscuits ye were harping on about a while back today. Yeah, they're nice I guess.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I got those BN biscuits ye were harping on about a while back today. Yeah, they're nice I guess.

I havent had them in years but im afraid to buy them again cause everything i had as a kid now tastes like baby food. :(

Guys do Ye ever get those days/nights where you want to ask all your questions on facebook and hope that you get the answer your looking for. Like tonight I have a lot of questions and feel like I could write a blog on them. Like why am I still on my own in bed . :/ . I need more than cuddle buddys I think at this stage....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This is a stupid video I done made. I hate myself a little for using the glass smash and chainsaw effects, not gonna lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Father son moments can be hilariously awkward when both you and your dad are hyperintroverted and bad with emotional displays.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Met my primary school principals (a married couple) on the bus into town today. The school had more than 850 students, but they remembered my family and my parents occupations.

Met my primary school principals (a married couple) on the bus into town today. The school had more than 850 students, but they remembered my family and my parents occupations.

My mind boggles at tales of schools with that many kids in them...

For most of my time in NS there were less than 40 in the school. 4 classes in each room.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

For most of my time in NS there were less than 40 in the school. 4 classes in each room.

When I started, it was 35 per class, with four classes one year, three the next. When I finished, it was 30 per class, with three classes a year. I think they're back up to four, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Same. I had three in my class including me. A grand total of 21 of us when I was leaving the place!

This is my first weekend off in months and I'm doing nothing at all. It's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

When I was in 6th year, there were 330 in our school. Biggest number I was ever in school with. Always liked going to small schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

There was 4 in my class in primary, madness!

I wish I'd gone to small schools. My secondary was huge too. Of course, if we'd stayed in Westmeath there would have only been 2 others in my class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Was waiting for Stone Cold to burst in when I heard the glass shatter.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Go back to the shop and tell them its not silent....the sale of goods and supply of services act means youre entitled to a refund #jcbusinessbants

Oh you can be sure I've written Amazon a very strongly worded email! Scammers the lot of them!

So, how is everyone keeping?

So, how is everyone keeping?

Warm.

Still 31 degrees atm. 36 forecast for tomorrow and Saturday.

D2b3qbXm.jpg

I don't like the heat. I want overcast coolness again. :(

I mean, I put out a line of washing today, hoping to at least capitalise on the heat, and it bloody well rained! I mean, it was sunny, incredibly warm, and raining. If it's not going to stay dry, the sun may as well f*ck right off tbh.

Living beside Spanish Arch across and working in a club, it's a good summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I don't like the heat. I want overcast coolness again. :(

I mean, I put out a line of washing today, hoping to at least capitalise on the heat, and it bloody well rained! I mean, it was sunny, incredibly warm, and raining. If it's not going to stay dry, the sun may as well f*ck right off tbh.
    I might as well see if there's an air conditioner that I can get on a loan. That, or just bring the dehumidifier up, as I'm told crisp, dry air heat is more tolerable than our humid hot days.

• Advertisement

I might as well see if there's an air conditioner that I can get on a loan. That, or just bring the dehumidifier up, as I'm told crisp, dry air heat is more tolerable than our humid hot days.

I ordered al huge fan and blackout blinds on Amazon yesterday.

I shall block out this "summer" if it's the last thing I do!

That completely awkward moment you accidentally send a sext to your ex. Being mortified doesn't even cover it Ha Ha. And then getting the reply to the question you asked that you didn't want to know ha Ha.

Lads I'm not being funny but this places has become deader than a graveyard. :(

Which doesn't make sense with some complaining previously of summer boredom.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There ain't a whole lot that people can say in response to "accidental sexting", to be fair! :p

Some of the regulars from the JC, TY and LC forums should probably be reminded that this forum exists for them, really. Unless they have private forums of their own now, then this is the place for social chatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Regulars in the LC forum from year-to-year move onto a private forum now. It probably takes a lot of potential traffic from C&H, but from what I recall C&H was pretty quiet before that came along too, and that forum, while more active, isn't buzzing with activity either. From someone who's pretty much kept an eye on this forum for 5 years (heh, what), it's had its day. One thing I miss from its heyday was discussion threads on any number of issues eg religion, abortion, politics. I, a teenager without all that many strong opinions, learned a lot from those. It's kind of a pity that any discussion nowadays likely wouldn't last much longer than a page or two.

It's not all that abnormal. It's pretty much the nature of a forum that people join in, are active for a while, and after a point they grow tired of the inevitable repetition, and move on. C&H's problem is lack of new blood I feel. I dunno what you can do about that. The name really doesn't help though in my opinion.

What if we vote on a name change?

*facepalm*

:P

I tried Clearasil when I was 14/15.

Didn't f*cking work.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    You lie! Sure c&h is only in its prime! >.> in that case perhaps now is the time to be directing lcs/jcs/tys to this forum before they start moving up to the next forum in August. I myself only stumbled across this forum by accident. (I would have never geussed this was a forum for young people based on the name) perhaps someone *cough*mods*cough* should let the members of other forums know this place exists? Anyways I remember this time last year people were also complaining about how dead this place was :P

On the name, we tried. People wanted to keep C&H. We're not revisiting it for at least a year or it's just going to be farcical.

On promoting the forum, that's what the sigs from Jizzlers are meant to do. It's not our place to go into other forums and start telling them to come here. It'd be different if I was a regular poster in the LC/JC/TY forums, but tbh if some rando posted a thread in C&H saying "Hey, all you old people who are clearly too old for C&H, why not come over to Aulwans'n'Aulfellas?" I'd ban the sh*te out of them. :P

• Advertisement

On a side note, I got a 17c voucher from Tesco today.

17c.

Seventeen. Cent.

Every little helps indeed.

Oh, and I bought frozen Samosas. They are not good.

Advertisement