Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Ciara is still better than Ashley! Combined with my surname... Oh lord... Im sure you would have made a lovely Ciara =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I was going to be a Ciara if I were a girl! :mad:

I was originally going to be Svend. Svend is a cool name, I wish I was called it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

89113_forever_a_drone.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cccccombo-breaker.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

My parents didn't even decide a boys name, they just winged it and came up with Aoife when I got here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

11367683.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Aoifey! wrote: »
    My parents didn't even decide a boys name, they just winged it and came up with Aoife when I got here.

Same as! I was "it" for a few days and then they were watching something on telly and saw Aoife in the credits and said shur that'll do :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

According to my father. There was never the possibility of a girl it was a boy or nothing.
    Although i had the ringlets and whilte blonde hair that puzzled anybody who saw me till me mammy got a scissors to it and left me with gorgeous looking hair :D also handed me her eyebrows too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Lots of Shane hate I'm noticing lately. You're all just jealous. :P

Iver was under consideration for me, thank God they went with Shane in the end.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If you're not called David then you are a not-David and probably not worth listening to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah now Shane is a lovely name :P

I was going to be called Vincent or Sam o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I was gonna be Christian if I was a boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Davidius wrote: »
    If you're not called David then you are a not-David and probably not worth listening to.
    davids my middle name if that counts. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I was gonna be called James if I was a boy..it's one of my brother's names now instead:p I have a fairly unique name which I like, although people have difficulty saying it when they see it written down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I was gonna be called James if I was a boy..

Huzzah! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I have a fairly unique name which I like, although people have difficulty saying it when they see it written down!
    Same, except some people have difficulty saying my name even after I pronounce it for them. I think everyone just has their own version of my name that they like best, I don't even really notice it any more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I was going to be a Ciara if I were a girl! :D

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Please share these unusual names of yours. I am very curious as to what they are! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I love my normal awesome Aisling :D Was gonna be Killian if I was a boy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I have an unusual name and surname. It causes a lot of hassle, yesterday I ended up spending about an hour longer making phone calls than I should have between spelling my name, answering questions about it, giving my email address, etc, etc. Stressful times! I do love my name though (well, not my surname, but my first name is nice!) I HATE it when people spell it wrong, especially when they have no excuse. For example, if I email someone and my name is *right there* and they still insist on spelling it wrong, or if someone messages me on facebook and doesn't spell it right, a little part of me dies inside.

</rant> :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Please share these unusual names of yours. I am very curious as to what they are! :p

I think most people on here know my name anyway, it's Síne! It get's pronounced all sorts of awful ways, and I'm constantly misheard when I say it to people:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Heh absolutely no one in the various science departments in Trinity have managed to spell my name right. Funny thing is they all spell it different ways, I've seen everything from missing letters, letters replaced with similar looking and sounding ones. The physics department really took the cake by replacing all the Es with Ys and missing an L
    They're going to spell it wrong on my degree, I just know it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My name isn't unusual, or spelt weird but people still always call me by the wrong thing.

My name is Katie which is pretty common. People keep thinking its Kate though. That bugs me. :/

My name is Katie which is pretty common. People keep thinking its Kate though. That bugs me. :/

You're the opposite of me, mine's Kate and I always get called Katie. There's no fúcking 'i' in my name, it's not that difficult.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    You're the opposite of me, mine's Kate and I always get called Katie. There's no fúcking 'i' in my name, it's not that difficult.

Be honest though,Katie is a better name :p My full name's really Kathleen.. i loathe it!!

Be honest though,Katie is a better name :p My full name's really Kathleen.. i loathe it!!

Pfft never, I'm going to be honest and admit I've developed a hatred of the name because it's followed me for 20 years. :P

People never believe that mine isn't short for anything, they always try and tell me that it has to be short for something. I'm pretty sure I know my own name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

People never believe that mine isn't short for anything, they always try and tell me that it has to be short for something. I'm pretty sure I know my own name.

Speaking of your name, are you the only one of you in DIT, or do you get a number at the end of your name for your email? I get a 3 on the end of my name, which is crap because I look unoriginal. Still, there's a guy in my course with a 7 after his name :P

Ah, it has to be though?

Ok I'm gonna stop now, i've only just realised you're a mod! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Speaking of your name, are you the only one of you in DIT, or do you get a number at the end of your name? I get a 3 on the end of my name, which is crap because I look unoriginal. Still, there's a guy in my course with a 7 after his name :P

One of my friends has 26! And I think theres even higher than that...ours just uses the first initial and then surname so theres loads of the same.

Advertisement