Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,570 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

vicwatson wrote: »
    That KP sounds like a thicko

"Nilly Willy"

"wouldn't believe a thing that comes out of his ears"

LOL

I always thought "Willy Nilly" applied to a lad who couldn't father children :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Hardly any discussion of the tape in the media today, completely ignored by RTE & IT. Google News brings up two articles from the Journal and one from the Examiner. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

Legal threats against individual journalists to suppress genuine investigative journalism seems to be the new tactic now. Not good for democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hardly any discussion of the tape in the media today, completely ignored by RTE & IT. Google News brings up two articles from the Journal and one from the Examiner. Bizarre.

It is not a new story. The transcript was published in The Sunday Independent last month. Vincent Browne brought it to a wider audience last night, and gave context to the transcript, but that in itself is not news.

RTE have completely ignored the story from the outset, probably on the advice of their Lawyers. They seem to be emasculated since the Prime Time Investigates scandal.

Just as well there are other media outlets, TV3 deserve plaudits for playing the tape last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,900 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did i just hear right that FF are the most popular party in Ireland now?

The same party that destroyed the country, mg Irish voters are gob****es

• Advertisement

You heard right the first time.
    Utter madness BUT what are the current Government doing that has them lower than that shower? No need to answer as i am too well aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Crap panel. No Vinny.
    Was looking forward to something better.
    A Bacik RBB scrap could be on the cards though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I have the same chance of being elected as either of ye"..

What a stupid, disrespectful thing to say..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,069 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

"I have the same chance of being elected as either of ye"..

What a stupid, disrespectful thing to say..

Disrespectful to who?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Did Con just say "The Russians have rules and they obey the rules"?

When did they start doing that ? :confused:

• Advertisement

Is there a more annoying politician than Kieran O'Donnell?
    Complete gobs****.

Disrespectful to who?

As for this ^

Its disrespectful to invite guests on to your programme and then tell him you have a better chance of getting elected than they have even though you are not running for election yourself.

At least the guests on the programme last night have the balls to put their name forward for election.

At the very least that merits some respect.

The eventual winner of the by-election will be open to plenty of ridicule when they win. At least let them earn that much first.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

Is there a more annoying politician than Kieran O'Donnell?
    Complete gobs****.

Christ almighty man but I could not agree more with you. He is making this edition of VB almost unlistenable. The man appears to be an intellectual non-entity. He is attempting to fill gaps and suck up time by connecting and starting all sentences with "In Terms Of....eh eh eh eh ", in order to run the clock down and maybe more likely because he is struggling intellectually to compete in the debate.
    Am I being hard on him? I've listened to him many times now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,069 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Lapin wrote: »
    As for this ^

Its disrespectful to invite guests on to your programme and then tell him you have a better chance of getting elected than they have even though you are not running for election yourself.

At least the guests on the programme last night have the balls to put their name forward for election.

At the very least that merits some respect.

The eventual winner of the by-election will be open to plenty of ridicule when they win. At least let them earn that much first.

Ah it was just a comment.

lol charlie

Seems to me that tv3 picked the first guy from the back alleys to fill a seat

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This guy has absolutely no chance!

Ah it was just a comment.

Just a response.
    Headshot wrote: »
    lol charlie

And the people of Meath have the chance to pick him next.

I think he'd fit in well beside Ming and Wallace. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

lol charlie

He usually runs in Co. Wicklow in every election - gets an average of a couple of hundred votes. Well-intentioned, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Christ almighty man but I could not agree more with you. He is making this edition of VB almost unlistenable. The man appears to be an intellectual non-entity. He is attempting to fill gaps and suck up time by connecting and starting all sentences with "In Terms Of....eh eh eh eh ", in order to run the clock down and maybe more likely because he is struggling intellectually to compete in the debate.
    Am I being hard on him? I've listened to him many times now at this stage.

No, you're not being too hard on him, the guy is a complete spoofer and obviously doesn't have a clue.

While we're talking about annoying people, "you know the way" does the token german woman that gets brought on any time there's a discussion about "you know the way" the germans are "you know the way" bossing the rest of europe around, bug anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rhamster

A week later and not a peep from the guards ,The DPP,Rte or any sort of probing from the national media.Like is this guy that untouchable??jeez even the mafia wouldn't wield the kind of power we have seen all week with a silenced press.

• Advertisement

lol charlie

Ha ha is that guy Mick Wallace's father? Politics has gone mad.

Lapin wrote: »
    Just a response.

And the people of Meath have the chance to pick him next.

I think he'd fit in well beside Ming and Wallace. ;)

Ming the merciless

Im just waiting for him to grab his chance to take over the world

Jaysus Sam give the stand up attempt a rest.
    Those poor Cypriots. You gotta feel for them.
    Must be serious- even Pravda are reporting the trouble there.

Jaysus Sam give the stand up attempt a rest.

Sam is the John Murray of the Television

That's it .. I'm wrapping explosives around myself and heading to Ballymount post haste..

Worst.
    Panel.
    Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Worst.
    Panel.
    Ever.
    None of them will have to drop their VHI or Sky package :rolleyes:

That's it .. I'm wrapping explosives around myself and heading to Ballymount post haste..

Can't believe Power is writing for the SBP now.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Eamon ryan talking a bit of sence tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

MrsD007 wrote: »
    None of them will have to drop their VHI or Sky package :rolleyes:

The panel from hell. So many reasons to despise each one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement