Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

GROGAN wrote: »
    No she did not sidestep the question; she clearly said there was no Plan “B”.
    I am not picking on the lady or trying to draw faults in her personality. Now is a time for calm and diligent leadership

I was available to be persuaded from my initial No position, this lady's dismal, untransparent, arrogant and smug performance has finally decided my vote. She demonstrated that there is no passion or belief in what she was saying or advocating. At least some of the No side believe in what they are saying, however wrong you think it might be. I will be voting No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 GROGAN

Yeah she sidestepped the "Plan B" question but that was always going to be the case. I would imagine that maybe there might be some scenario in mind if the No side win but she wasn't going to elaborate on this before the actual vote IMO

Hi, Galwayguy35 I was open to persuasion myself, however between Noonan’s / Burtons / Creighton’s total lack of professionalism I will be voting NO. I totally agree with you when you say that at least the No side believe in what they are saying.
    This referendum is a change in our constitution and yet the leader of the country does not see fit to hold a televised debate on the basis of past comments made by VB. He does however see fit to address the nation in a four minute broadcast. Kenny should have been running with open arms to TV3 and kissing VB’s ass in order to secure substantial airtime to put his point across

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I was available to be persuaded from my initial No position, this lady's dismal, untransparent, arrogant and smug performance has finally decided my vote. She demonstrated that there is no passion or belief in what she was saying or advocating. At least some of the No side believe in what they are saying, however wrong you think it might be. I will be voting No.
    Hi, Galwayguy35 I was open to persuasion myself, however between Noonan’s / Burtons / Creighton’s total lack of professionalism I will be voting NO. I totally agree with you when you say that at least the No side believe in what they are saying.
    This referendum is a change in our constitution and yet the leader of the country does not see fit to hold a televised debate on the basis of past comments made by VB. He does however see fit to address the nation in a four minute broadcast. Kenny should have been running with open arms to TV3 and kissing VB’s ass in order to secure substantial airtime to put his point across

Lads, you're as believable as any honest lie and it is pretty obvious. It is so shocking that people so open to yes or no vote can be so swayed by one tv debate, wow! That one lady has some power over your collective intelligence . :rolleyes:

Lads, you're as believable as any honest lie and it is pretty obvious. It is so shocking that people so open to yes or no vote can be so swayed by one tv debate, wow! That one lady has some power over your collective intelligence . :rolleyes:

Who said I decided on the basis of one TV debate?

Interpretation of posts requires intelligence too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Good loser

I have to say that I found Lucinda Creighton to be quite arrogant on the VB show tonight. As a representative of government on a widely viewed programme that is broadcasted live two days before the polls open, she came across rude and smug. I do not see what there is to be smiling about. FG need to revisit there PR policy. Enda Kenny the leader of the country has refused to enter into a televised debate and yet someone within the government sees fit that Ms. Creighton is the best option to debate the yes side! I could not believe how dismissive she was of VB when he put the question to her of a “Plan B”. It’s not good enough to say there is no “Plan B” the job of the government is to look at all options and govern (steer) the country on the basis of democratic policy. If a “No” vote is passed they need to govern the country in the best possible form. I am not saying that I totally agree with the “No” side, however they were more dignified and possibly spoke in a language that represents their constituency. Ms. Creighton spoke as if she was addressing the European parliament, thrashing it out with the boys, so to speak. She also seemed to pick on peoples credentials rather than engage in a professional debate.

See you're a new contributor.

I thought this question from Browne was egregiously stupid. The density nonplussed Lucinda. Bit like asking an All Ireland captain before the final what plans he had made in the event of a defeat. Why prepare for the loss of the referendum before the event? There is no urgency to the matter. Enough to consider the issue IF the measure is defeated.

IMO the whole referendum is a complete waste of time - it should never have gone to a vote.

• Advertisement

Good loser wrote: »
    See you're a new contributor.

I thought this question from Browne was egregiously stupid. The density nonplussed Lucinda. Bit like asking an All Ireland captain before the final what plans he had made in the event of a defeat. Why prepare for the loss of the referendum before the event? There is no urgency to the matter. Enough to consider the issue IF the measure is defeated.

IMO the whole referendum is a complete waste of time - it should never have gone to a vote.

And what of Joan Burton's refusal to answer a direct question on it tonight? Aren't you just a little bit concerned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You would think that Mick Wallace would appreciate the consequences of having all your credit cut off.. Why is he voting "no"??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

This is how i feel about the upcoming referendum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78919306&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 51,580 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Has that dirty fcuker only one shirt. Is he looking for notice or notoriety with the pink on him all the time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    This is how i feel about the upcoming referendum Hey everybody, look at all the thankzzzzzzz I got.. :pac:

FYP :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Are they incapable of speaking over each other. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

After seeing Pearse Dotherty, Claire Daly, Mick Wallace & Declan Ganley; I don't who is more worse at not answering the questions.

I have come to the conclusion that they are all spoofers just to see and get their preferred vote through. IMO the whole four of them are in cloud cuckoo land. The trouble is with them is that they don't even see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Cloud cookoo land
    Thats a new one
    Cloud 9,,, But cloud cookoo land hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You would think that Mick Wallace would appreciate the consequences of having all your credit cut off.. Why is he voting "no"??

I can see something else he needs cutting off. . . .:D:D - the mop !

Has that dirty fcuker only one shirt. Is he looking for notice or notoriety with the pink on him all the time ?

He actually has 50 pink tops !:D

vicwatson wrote: »
    He actually has 50 pink tops !:D

WHAT?:eek: Any link?

After seeing Pearse Dotherty, Claire Daly, Mick Wallace & Declan Ganley; I don't who is more worse at not answering the questions.

I have come to the conclusion that they are all spoofers just to see and get their preferred vote through. IMO the whole four of them are in cloud cuckoo land.

So you are voting Yes on what Lucinda Creighton and Pascal Donoghue told you ?

So you are voting Yes on what Lucinda Creighton and Pascal Donoghue told you ?

I still have not read the treaty yet. I still am regarded as one of these undecided voters.

Simon has some neck accusing Vinny of breaking into a monologue yet won't answer the bloody question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

BOOOOM ..Coveney's just been Vinnied !!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Christ I hate politics. Constant babbling, lying and changing stories.
    Hows it so hard to give clear answers to anything :/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,366 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nice clip Vinny, 2nd only to your library of Martin McGuinness books you brought to the presidential debate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Poor Mick Wallace - Simon talks over him, again.

Was Simon caught out telling porkies there ?

Anyone else think Simon Coveney looks like Siobhan Ryan (the weather presenter on RTE)?:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Classic Vincent with the clip...Simon caught out a beaut!..Mick Wallace can barely string a sentence together i have noticed!

Wouldn't be like him !:)

Bigtime...Inda gonna whoop his ass!

• Advertisement

Poor Mick Wallace - Simon talks over him, again.

In fairness Mick is not capable of a cohesive sentence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement