Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

That aon insurance ad is gloriously cheap and nasty. Im just glad they don't sponsor Liverpool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

telekon wrote: »
    That aon insurance ad is gloriously cheap and nasty. Im just glad they don't sponsor Liverpool...

If it was Ladbrokes, they might have got a bit more excitement out of Michael Owen..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Bye bye Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Phil Hogan may become the first Irish minister to resign twice.

Has that happened before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Lol. A revolution by wafflers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Lol. A revolution by wafflers.
    the wafflers are revolting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Unfortunately raising tax income from corporations is off the table. So where else realistically would it come from?

Whatever which way you look at it, it'll have to be us that gets screwed. We're the easiest target...

Being the easiest target doesn't deem it the right target. Why do people automatically equate generating revenue with increasing rates? Reviewing public policies to address the extent of gross fiscal waste that occurs in this country is something that requires urgent review and is rarely acknowledged.

Rent allowances being paid without review is a huge drain on public spending resources, ditto medical cards, disability benefits, fuel allowances and a whole host of other fraudulently received 'fringe benefits' that all come from the taxpayers' pockets.

NAMA is currently in possession of a whole host of assets, specifically property that should be reviewed and put to profit as opposed to lying idly by the waste side.

I could go on, suffice to say there are a number of measures that can be taken to increase revenue but unfortunately none that our public representatives seem to have the foresight or motivation to implement and so the easiest option will be taken and the same people will take the hit ad infinitum and the merry-go-round of destruction will continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Yeah it would all be fixed if we cut off all supports to the elderly and the disabled. The economy would be sorted then. We have such educated people in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Jess16 wrote: »
    I also find it completely reprehensible that Sarah McInerney suggest that ordinary, hard-working people pay more income tax -why on earth must the middle-class people of this country be continuously expected to pay the price for everybody elses mistakes?

I assume you consider yourself ordinary and hard working? :rolleyes:

Why should well off hard working people half to pay more income tax for everyone elses mistakes?

You want to attribute blame based on how wealthy a person is? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Yippee a Fiscal Treaty Debate, 1 of 5 even, here was I looking forward to a bit of Big Phil bashing.

• Advertisement

Yippee a Fiscal Treaty Debate, 1 of 5 even, here was I looking forward to a bit of Big Phil bashing.

A boxset available for the Christmas maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jaysus, Declan Ganley has me nearly asleep.... in fairness it is 11.30 and it is a difficult subject, but still....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If you were wondering were I was; I had been watching The Mentalist on RTE 1. Have I missed out much on this debate? Who else apart from Dan O'Brien and Declan Ganley is on the programme. Or if I put another way, Are they the only two guests tonight?

Nice to hear a reasoned debate on the program for once.. people debating the points, not cynically playing populist games.

"The Businesswoman"..

I would have thought she was a forensic accountant the way she questioned Sean Gallager..

Did Glenna Lynch have a media profile before the whole presidential debacle, or is she still riding the wave from that? If so, I have to take my hat off to her, talk about seizing your moment!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Jeez, Ganly reminds me of a Monty Python sketch where an election candidate wins a seat for the stone dead party - what a crashing bore! The programme is really going down hill fast.

hmm 1 of 5 eh!
    yer wan from frontline ,what's she about?

M cebee wrote: »
    hmm 1 of 5 eh!

She's well able to twiddle/wave a pen with the best of 'em :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    M cebee wrote: »
    hmm 1 of 5 eh!

She's well able to twiddle/wave a pen with the best of 'em :D

she's good if she's new to all this media nonsense

• Advertisement

O/T - but is anyone else getting really, REALLY sick of those Liberty Insurance ads? I know they have to build a profile, but I must hear them about 50 times a day between radio programmes (every single ad break, sometimes twice), and a liberal sprinkling on the telly.

Enough, I tell ya - there's something knows as too much of a good(?) thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    O/T - but is anyone else getting really, REALLY sick of those Liberty Insurance ads? I know they have to build a profile, but I must hear them about 50 times a day between radio programmes (every single ad break, sometimes twice), and a liberal sprinkling on the telly.

Enough, I tell ya - there's something knows as too much of a good(?) thing!

Yeah, rolled eyes when it came on. That and the Denny 'can you bring in something nahhturrall' advert. Can't stand yer man's accent.

Agree with the above about 'The Business Woman'. Where did she come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

wow. is this the beginning of the end for the vincent browne thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

bluefinger wrote: »

Maybe its just such an interesting topic. VB seems to think he can get a reaction out of Ballagh.

I got sick looking back through the pages, only to discover that you have resurrected it..

Dont like "Bobby" Ballagh.. brings nothing but arrogance, cynicism and sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I think the show itself is in trouble.

Vincent is way too self indulgent, often dragging the conversation off at a tangent to something which has nothing to do with the topical issue being discussed.

Ivan Yates was far superior when he was in charge recently (before his self imposed exile). I find Tonight with VB is rarely worth watching now, except when there is a big political story happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Skid wrote: »
    I think the show itself is in trouble.

Vincent is way too self indulgent, often dragging the conversation off at a tangent to something which has nothing to do with the topical issue being discussed.

Ivan Yates was far superior when he was in charge recently (before his self imposed exile). I find Tonight with VB is rarely worth watching now, except when there is a big political story happening.

The referendum can't come quick enough for Vinny in my opinion. It might help him get a few senior government figures on to give them a grilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ballagh accuses the country of being anti-intellectual. This is the same man who endorsed Martin McGuinness as the next President of Ireland. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I really wish that Vinny would leave 15 minutes for a proper review of the newspapers.

• Advertisement

ive been thinking that for a while

that vinnie has run out of steam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement