Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That sociologist girl is getting a whole lotta more airtime than John Mooney, or Ivana Bacik for that matter....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The reason Bacik didn't get voted in the last time was down to bad vote management by the Labour Party leader Eamon Gilmore.

And what about the time before that in 2009 when she was unsuccessful in a by-election? Or the time before that when she ran for the European Parliament elections and was once again unsuccessful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ffs.. Vincent describing a Traveller family carrying out an attack on another family as an act of defence...

ffs.. Vincent describing a Traveller family carrying out an attack on another family as an act of defence...

Vinnie needs to take his head out of his ass when it comes to the issue of travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

this is turning into some kind of sociology lesson beard stroking love in , empathy with the psychopaths motives is in full view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Whats that noise ?
    Do I hear the Legalise Drugs gang approaching ?

Vinnie needs to take his head out of his ass when it comes to the issue of travellers.

officially vulerable sacred left wing cows like travellers can never be perpetrators in the eyes of pc liberals like browne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Cannibas as dangerous as heroin or cocaine.

What a load of bollox.

Lapin wrote: »

What a load of bollox.

I told you that ages ago lol.

The changes to pensions and lump sums (on retirement) should have been brought in immediately, so that this ridiculous situations of "public servants" retiring for financial reasons did not take place. fkn unions again..

• Advertisement

I was just quoting what Mooney said there.

He is simply scare mongering to the uneducated.

Lapin wrote: »

What a load of bollox.

Far too much hypocrisy in this country. I remember Gerry Ryan ranting about a criminal gangland shooting close to his home a few years back - at the same time he was shoving cocaine up his nose to beat the band. :rolleyes:

The changes to pensions and lump sums (on retirement) should have been brought in immediately, so that this ridiculous situations of "public servants" retiring for financial reasons did not take place. fkn unions again..

I think that if any of us were in the position of leaving and they were going to make cuts on a certain date we would all go too. Hard to blame them.
    The Govt should have done things differently because its the people on the bottom rung of the ladder that we needed to stay, nurses, garda, firemen etc and not the administrators.

I think that if any of us were in the position of leaving and they were going to make cuts on a certain date we would all go too. Hard to blame them.
    The Govt should have done things differently because its the people on the bottom rung of the ladder that we needed to stay, nurses, garda, firemen etc and not the administrators.

1 . is it not reasonable to expect public servants to put service to the public first

2. whats this business about guards and nurses being on the bottom rung , thier mid range state sector workers when it comes to pay , around a grand per week

"your a non entity"..

okay, which one of ye sent that in.. lol

Yep, we're all non entities in the eyes of the guards.

irishh_bob wrote: »
    1 . is it not reasonable to expect public servants to put service to the public first

2. whats this business about guards and nurses being on the bottom rung , thier mid range state sector workers when it comes to pay , around a grand per week

What position is lower than a nurse or garda? They are at the bottom of the pile in their jobs. None of them start at a grand a week.

whats this business about guards and nurses being on the bottom rung , thier mid range state sector workers when it comes to pay , around a grand per week

We can't replace a nurse with a pen-pusher, and neither can we do it with a guard. I think that was the main point being made.

By the way, I have a friend who's a detective and no way is he coming out with a grand a week.

What position is lower than a nurse or garda? They are at the bottom of the pile in their jobs. None of them start at a grand a week.

i dont know what you mean when you ask what possition is lower than a nurse or a guard

i didnt say they start on a grand per week , a rank and file on his or her first day is hardly representitive of the average , CSO figures in 2008 had the average salary for an garda sicohanna at 1208 euro per week ,since 2008 , an average guard would have seen a salary reduction of no more than 15% so a grand per week is probably a close enough estimate

We can't replace a nurse with a pen-pusher, and neither can we do it with a guard. I think that was the main point being made.

By the way, I have a friend who's a detective and no way is he coming out with a grand a week.

coming out suggest you are refering to NET pay , salarys are not registered or acknowledged in NET Pay so its misleading to factor in income tax , mortgage payments , cocaine addictions or tesco grocery bills , a person on 2k per week could end up with 50 euro in thier pocket if they were huge spenders , your friend the detective most certainly earns a grand per week GROSS ( and probabley more ) as a detective would be earning more than the average in our police force

• Advertisement

i dont know what you mean when you ask what possition is lower than a nurse or a guard

i didnt say they start on a grand per week , a rank and file on his or her first day is hardly representitive of the average , CSO figures in 2008 had the average salary for an garda sicohanna at 1208 euro per week ,since 2008 , an average guard would have seen a salary reduction of no more than 15% so a grand per week is probably a close enough estimate

http://www.gra.cc/payscales.shtml
    There is a link to the garda pay and since they have had reductions and pension levies I doubt any of them are on a grand a week now.

il trust the CSO ahead of some garda site

theese figures come from 2008 but show the average garda salary at over 1200 euro per week , if you allow for a 15% cut in salary since then , that would leave the average guard in 2012 at around a grand per week

http://www.cso.ie/quicktables/GetQuickTables.aspx?FileName=PSA01.asp&TableName=Public+Sector+Average+Weekly+Earnings&StatisticalProduct=DB_PS

il trust the CSO ahead of some garda site

theese figures come from 2008 but show the average garda salary at over 1200 euro per week , if you allow for a 15% cut in salary since then , that would leave the average guard in 2012 at around a grand per week

http://www.cso.ie/quicktables/GetQuickTables.aspx?FileName=PSA01.asp&TableName=Public+Sector+Average+Weekly+Earnings&StatisticalProduct=DB_PS

You cannot quote a site giving an "average" as its not fair on the man at the bottom. That site takes in all ranks in the garda. The ordinary garda is not on the average. If you join an ordinary garda on the street and the superintendent's wage together and divide by two you will get an average but its hardly fair to then quote the garda as getting 1,200 then is it ? Garda 800e and superintendant 1,600, average is 1,200 but garda only getting 800.
    My link is the correct one.

You cannot quote a site giving an "average" as its not fair on the man at the bottom. That site takes in all ranks in the garda. The ordinary garda is not on the average. If you join an ordinary garda on the street and the superintendent's wage together and divide by two you will get an average but its hardly fair to then quote the garda as getting 1,200 then is it ? Garda 800e and superintendant 1,600, average is 1,200 but garda only getting 800.
    My link is the correct one.

thats how averages are worked out , the average teacher salary strikes a balance between the school principal who has thirty years under his or her belt and a rookie on thier first day

same deal with the guards , the commisioner is only one man and thier are far more rank and file than any other level ( seargent , inspector , super intendant etc ) but they are all guards , i dont make the rules on how averages are worked out but moving the goalposts is plain silly , you can spoof on any subject if thats one of your tactics

besides , a grand per week would not be seen as huge for a guard in this country , they have always been very well paid in ireland

thats how averages are worked out , the average teacher salary strikes a balance between the school principal who has thirty years under his or her belt and a rookie on thier first day

same deal with the guards , the commisioner is only one man and thier are far more rank and file than any other level ( seargent , inspector , super intendant etc ) but they are all guards , i dont make the rules on how averages are worked out but moving the goalposts is plain silly , you can spoof on any subject if thats one of your tactics

besides , a grand per week would not be seen as huge for a guard in this country , they have always been very well paid in ireland

Do you agree that the garda is not getting the grand ?

Do you agree that the garda is not getting the grand ?

the mouse in my pocket might agree with you but i dont , i stand by what i said , the average guard is earning a grand per week including overtime

the mouse in my pocket might agree with you but i dont , i stand by what i said , the average guard is earning a grand per week including overtime

Ah no. You can't include overtime as that is a payment you get (if your lucky) for doing EXTRA work and not part of standard pay.

Ah no. You can't include overtime as that is a payment you get (if your lucky) for doing EXTRA work and not part of standard pay.

im not sure if the CSO figures includes over time , if it doesnt , the cops are earning even more than i thought and i dont accept that overtime cant be considered part of a persons salary , its money which can be used for goods and services , most guards grab all the overtime they can get

im not sure if the CSO figures includes over time , if it doesnt , the cops are earning even more than i thought and i dont accept that overtime cant be considered part of a persons salary , its money which can be used for goods and services , most guards grab all the overtime they can get

Maybe but its not part of standard pay. Overtime is discretional in any job. That would be like counting mileage or dinner allowance as pay if you had to attend a meeting down the country.

• Advertisement

Maybe but its not part of standard pay. Overtime is discretional in any job. That would be like counting mileage or dinner allowance as pay if you had to attend a meeting down the country.

not in my book

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement