Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jill Kirby's accent has to be the fakest, most annoying accent I've ever heard on Irish radio..
    Johnny, she is Canadian, hence the reason for the accent ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"apoplectic" is the default mode for all that left wing crowd, but ask them for a realistic solution and it fairly shuts them up..

It's a real pity Aon arent selling wooden furniture..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Sounds like the ECB and the rest of the financial system is prepared for a Greek default. I hope the Greeks realise how little leverage they have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

He might be a decent journalist, but Sam Smyth is a dire tv presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

KerranJast wrote: »
    Sounds like the ECB and the rest of the financial system is prepared for a Greek default. I hope the Greeks realise how little leverage they have now.

We will default too in the long run according to many experts. But we have to pay all the other fcukers first, bondholders, bankers, developers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

What do any of these people know about Harry Redknapp and 'soccer', 'the working man's game'? Jesus it's embarrassing.

I'm not gonna be popular for saying this but I have serious issues about the way that the killing of the sixteen year old is being presented... Sixteen year old going out with a man in his mid twenties? Her boyfriend (and companions) considered it a good idea that she went with them to investigate an incident relating to an ongoing fued?...

I think she should have been looked after better by those who had a duty of care to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Johnny, she is Canadian, hence the reason for the accent ;)

I absolutely love her Canadian accent ....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

I like Jill's accent too. For some reason I thought Sam Smyth might have been standing in for Vinnie the night they discussed the northern ireland issue (I actually can't recall the exact issue as it's so far in the past I don't care anymore). I thought he was there as he might have had a lot of personal knowledge of the issues involved being a Nordie and having built up contacts over the years. Sadly he's in all week. I tuned in last night and kept going once I saw he was still there. I've always found him boring on the radio so I figured TV wasn't going to be an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

only caugh the second part of this as i was watching "law abiding citizen" on rte which was a hell of alot better than i thought it was going to be.

just on an aside note is it just me or does sam look like he's aged massively ?

maybe its the make up, or prehaps the preasure from the DOB situation, but he looks awfully old this time around.

i'll probably stream the full show later as i quite like the panel . its just a pity theres no vinny.

it really is HIS show and it suffers without him.

that said maybe he put sam in charge on purpose knowing the last thing you want to do is have a BETTER guy than you stand in when your away, particularly if he's cheaper !

:)

Lads, I actually thought some of the people who stood in for Vinny during the summer holidays did a pretty good job - Ivan Yates, Declan Ganley and Gerard Colleran were very professional and confident presenters. (It really kills me to have to include Colleran because he has a massive ego as it is :mad::D)

only caugh the second part of this as i was watching "law abiding citizen" on rte which was a hell of alot better than i thought it was going to be.

Haha, I did exactly the same.. was really enjoying the movie until they found out that he was supposedly getting out of his cell through a tunnel that he dug.. :rolleyes: It lost all touch with reality at that point.

oh that was one of the best parts !

he'd done all that before he went in.

he spent 10 years planning the thing and even went so far to dig to every cell in solitary as he couldnt count on which one he'd be put in come the day.

thats why he killed his cellmate, so he could be put there and put his plan in motion propper to take up his role as "his accomplice" on the outside.

have to admit, i know i shouldnt but i was really kinda hoping he'd win !

gotta give butler props, its probably the best thing he's ever done.

Haha, I did exactly the same.. was really enjoying the movie until they found out that he was supposedly getting out of his cell through a tunnel that he dug.. :rolleyes: It lost all touch with reality at that point.

Maybe Vincent Brown fell into that tunnel.

that'd make TWO prophetic skectchs for mario !

Haha, I did exactly the same.. was really enjoying the movie until they found out
    that he was supposedly getting out of his cell through a tunnel that he dug.. :rolleyes: It lost all touch with reality at that point
    Don't forget the spoiler tags, some of us Sky+ the Wednesday night movie :(

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Don't forget the spoiler tags, some of us Sky+ the Wednesday night movie :(

Waste of time watching that film. Its a poor man's Shawshank Redemption. The plot is far too far-fetched.

Waste of time watching that film. Its a poor man's Shawshank Redemption. The plot is far too far-fetched.
    Fair enough Tayto Lover, Jonny is off the hook this time :D

It is like Sam is explaining something to a child...

Margaret looks gorgeous tonight..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Ah ha my wee German woman "you know the way....." is on and Mrs Ward is looking mighty fine too.

17 k increase for two Junior Ministers ???
    What about the austerity ?
    Do as we say, not as we do with F.G.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Jaysus Margaret E Ward has to be one of the finest looking women in Ireland :pac::pac:
    Joan Burton defending the huge pay of her colleagues. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I thought we were broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

It is like Sam is explaining something to a child...

Margaret looks gorgeous tonight..
    woodoo wrote: »
    Ah ha my wee German woman "you know the way....." is on and Mrs Ward is looking mighty fine too.
    Jaysus Margaret E Ward has to be one of the finest looking women in Ireland :pac::pac:
    Joan Burton defending the huge pay of her colleagues. :rolleyes:

If Margaret Ward wore a bin liner, she would still look pretty hot.I love listening and (looking) at her.

I think Paul Kehoe, the FG Chief Whip, gets this bonus as well.

Pearse Doherty claimed over €50,000 in expenses in 2011. I'll find the link if anyone doesn't believe me. I don't accept the Donegal excuse. €50,000 in expenses - Wow.

That Moody's report on Mortgage write-off is incredible alright.

Pearse Doherty claimed over €50,000 in expenses in 2011. I'll find the link if anyone doesn't believe me. I don't accept the Donegal excuse. €50,000 in expenses - Wow.

Apparently its on his website and its 51k. He says he lives on the average industrial wage of 35k and the extras go towards his party funds. Heard it discussed on the radio tonight.

• Advertisement

Go on Constantin, savage him.
    Crazy and indefensible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement