Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

irishh_bob wrote: »
    the bald guy on the panel has just shown what this whole furore is about , the catholic church retaining its priveledged possition in this state , in one sentance he blathers on about the need for tollerance of faith , in the next sentance he defers to the special relationship between this country and a particular faith

There should be dedicated school classes that focus on the meaning of a republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Vinnie talks crap for too long goading people and then has to rush through the papers. Sort that out Vinnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I've may seen Vincent in Dun Laoghaire a few years ago. Funny thing is I can't remember what year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"the apparent targeting of THE most vulnerable people in society.. that's after the break"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Is anyone watching now, it is about lone parents tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jonny, they are discussing Lone Parents, I have a feeling you will be on a bit of a roll this evening ;)

Jillian Von Turnout :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jonny, they are discussing Lone Parents, I have a feeling you will be on a bit of a roll this evening ;)

I just hope that at least once they address the issue of the people that milk the system, and about how our benefit system encourages young women to see single motherhood as a profession.... But I feel he's gonna have three bleeding hearts on the panel like he normally has...

Mick Wallace an odd choice for this panel... John McGuirk usually talks sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

It's not showing up on the website... :(

That is Louise Bayliss, the woman at the centre of the HSE sacking recently, she was on with Joe Duffy.

• Advertisement

It's always the State's fault isnt it... Whatever happened to personal responsibility...

More vulnerable than the disabled.. how does she work that one out?

It's always the State's fault isnt it... Whatever happened to personal responsibility...
    Do the State do enough to chase fathers for maintenance, like they do in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I just hope that at least once they address the issue of the people that milk the system, and about how our benefit system encourages young women to see single motherhood as a profession.... But I feel he's gonna have three bleeding hearts on the panel like he normally has...

Mick Wallace an odd choice for this panel... John McGuirk usually talks sense..

Lone parents are not just single women they can be deserted wives who don't know where their partners went.

That is Loiuse Baliff, the woman at the centre of the HSE sacking recently, she was on with Joe Duffy.

:D Good spot Mrs D, it is her, but you have the name slightly off..

bayliss.jpg

Lone parents are not just single women they can be deserted wives who don't know where their partners went.

Yes, and Widows and Widowers.

:D Good spot Mrs D, it is her, but you have the name slightly off..

bayliss.jpg
    Excuse me, TV3 have it wrong, her name is Baliff ;)

I'm not saying there arent genuine cases, Tayto, but far too many exploit the situation (or even orchestrate the situation) to avail of free housing, medical cards, money.. etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Do the State do enough to chase fathers for maintenance, like they do in the UK?

This is the thing. Every father should have a financial obligation to contribute to his child's upbringing. Even if he's unemployed, a portion of his welfare payment should be given to the mother of his child if they're not together. In this country, it's almost as if the father doesn't exist, and the child was the product of an immaculate conception. If the Government chased after the fathers to contribute financially, there mightn't be such a large number of lone parents out there.

I'm not saying there arent genuine cases, Tayto, but far too many exploit the situation (or even orchestrate the situation) to avail of free housing, medical cards, money.. etc etc

Is this an opinion or are you basing this statement on official figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Who are the panel tonight ?

• Advertisement

Not sure what Mick Wallace is gonna contribute to this.. Seems like a strange night to have him on..

What has Mick dangling out under his ear ? Was he buying lucky bags again ?
    Very silly looking indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

got this in the letterbox this morning :D

wp000158m.jpg

Mick Wallace is actually a feminist. He frequently speaks out on issues that affect women.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not sure what Mick Wallace is gonna contribute to this

Has he strawberries hanging out of his ears. Were paying him way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What has Mick dangling out under his ear ? Was he buying lucky bags again ?
    Very silly looking indeed.

I'm not sure if it's Mick Wallace or Pat Butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Bono's kids are getting a horrid doing tonight.

This is the thing. Every father should have a financial obligation to contribute to his child's upbringing. Even if he's unemployed, a portion of his welfare payment should be given to the mother of his child if they're not together. In this country, it's almost as if the father doesn't exist, and the child was the product of an immaculate conception. If the Government chased after the fathers to contribute financially, there mightn't be such a large number of lone parents out there.
    I completely agree with you, I also think that the State needs to take a serious look at the rights of unmarried fathers too, (Custody/Access etc.) Some dads get a very raw deal.

I must get on to Jim in Eircom, my broadband is crawling this evening :mad:

I'm not sure if it's Mick Wallace or Pat Butcher.

There must be some hum off that shirt. He never takes it off or maybe he has two the same.

• Advertisement

I like John McGuirk.. He's an excellent speaker.. very clear and concise, leaves the emotive dramatics to other people..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement