Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

What has Mick dangling out under his ear ? Was he buying lucky bags again ?Very silly looking indeed.
    He is looking more like this lady

Miss_Piggy_In_Pink_165218.gif

than Mary Mitchell O'Connor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

There must be some hum off that shirt. He never takes it off or maybe he has two the same.

I'd say Mick used to have a load of white and red polo shirts when he was still married.. And then when he split up with the missus, he had to start doing his washing himself... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭hardbackwriter

Mick Wallace is actually a feminist. He frequently speaks out on issues that affect women.

Mick can always be relied upon to pay lip service to various causes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Vincent is giving out about people reporting social welfare fraud now.. Has he lost his mind altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The bore at the end is coming along nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

All welfare payments need to go down not up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Vincent encouraging crime now. Not wanting people to report fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have a question to ask myself, how much of that 40% have children that going be under 7 years old. That statistic should make for very grim reading IMO.

Mick can always be relied upon to pay lip service to various causes

He has also spoke out in favour of the legalisation of prostitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Who is yer wan ? She doesnt want anyone else to talk at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

the sick thing is that it will be the only fraud that will be prosecuted in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Happyman42 wrote: »
    the sick thing is that it will be the only fraud that will be prosecuted in this country.

Probably but we live in hope to see Bankers, Politicians etc in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

VB's head about to explode at the mere notion of the Dept of SW investigating possibly fraudulent SW claims. What drugs is he on?

What IS that thing red hanging out of MW's ear? It's very distracting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭hardbackwriter

He had the nation over his knee there and was spanking hard , for a nanny stater like Vincent to be scolding people for shopping cheaters of the state is a tad incoherent

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Vincent...
    I have lost all respect for you now....
    Crime is crime..
    I pay my taxes....not for fraud....no matter who they are.
    They are the same as the bankers who blew the lot...no difference.
    they should all be treated the same, we agree on that im sure.

anyone claiming anything falsely should be prosocuted and made pay it all back.

Vincent

Two thirds of the complaints turned out to be untrue...the witch-hunt for social welfare defrauders is leading to societal paranoia - VB has a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

ProudDUB wrote: »
    What IS that thing red hanging out of MW's ear? It's very distracting.
    Mick has been wearing the Chandelier earrings for a while..

http://www.herald.ie/opinion/colette-fitzpatrick-ah-mick-youre-havin-a-laugh-with-the-pink-blouse-and-bit-of-old-chandelier-hanging-from-your-ear-2575860.html

My personal favourite is his - Flattened Heineken Bottle Top Earrings

90235086.jpg

Two thirds of the complaints turned out to be untrue...the witch-hunt for social welfare defrauders is leading to societal paranoia - VB has a point.
    untrue...or just could not get enough proof...

fatalll wrote: »
    Vincent...
    I have lost all respect for you now....
    Crime is crime..
    I pay my taxes....not for fraud....no matter who they are.
    They are the same as the bankers who blew the lot...no difference.
    they should all be treated the same, we agree on that im sure.

anyone claiming anything falsely should be prosocuted and made pay it all back.

Vincent

He wasn't justifying social welfare fraud...he was saying that there is something creepy about neighbours reporting other neighbours for alleged fraud.

And two thirds of the complaints turned out to be completely false.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

doesn't it sicken anyone else that the government are revelling in punishing dole cheats when they've done nothing to hold bankers, speculators etc to account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

He wasn't justifying social welfare fraud...he was saying that there is something creepy about neighbours reporting other neighbours for alleged fraud.

And two thirds of the complaints turned out to be completely false.

Thas exactly the point.

fatalll wrote: »
    untrue...or just could not get enough proof...

Paranoia for ya! My point is proven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

So one third were found to be true? That's still a lot of fraudulent claims!

bluefinger wrote: »
    doesn't it sicken anyone else that the government are revelling in punishing dole cheats when they've done nothing to hold bankers, speculators etc to account?
    It does sicken me and im sure us all they they have not prosecuted the bank chiefs etc...
    obviously i would like justice done with them first....that goes without saying..
    It makes me mad that nothing was/has been done yet.....if ever

Paranoia for ya! My point is proven :D

PAranoia...where

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

hairgel.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

What I don't get is why VB can't see that the very people who suffer the most from budget cutbacks, tax hikes, VAT increases, hospital closures and decreases in SW welfare payments are the disadvantaged in society who can not afford to cope with them as well as other better off strata of society. These cutbacks and such would not need to be as harsh as they are if our SW welfare wasn't as insanely bloated as it is. There is only so much money to go around before some thing some where has to give.

If you cut out a billion euro a year of unneccessary SW payments, that money gets to be spend else where, in hiring more teachers and opening more schools and cutting less hospital beds, increasing the fuel allowance etc etc. The people who benefit from that the most are people who can not afford to send their kids to private schools or purchase private health insurance or pay their ESB bill etc etc. Why doesn't he get that? It's not rocket science.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    What I don't get is why VB can't see that the very people who suffer the most from budget cutbacks, tax hikes, VAT increases, hospital closures and decreases in SW welfare payments are the disadvantaged in society who can not afford to cope with them as well as other better off strata of society. These cutbacks and such would not need to be as harsh as they are if our SW welfare wasn't as insanely bloated as it is.

If you cut out a billion euro a year of unneccessary SW payments, that money gets to be spend else where, in hiring more teacher and opening more schools and cutting less hospital beds, increasing the fuel allowance etc etc. The people who benefit from that the most are people who can not afford to send their kids to private schools or purchase private health insurance or pay their ESB bill etc etc. Why doesn't he get that? It's not rocket science.

Well Said....Bravo....Common Sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Excuse me, TV3 have it wrong, her name is Baliff ;)

Her name is definitely bayliss:)#

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Excuse me, TV3 have it wrong, her name is Baliff ;)

Her name is definitely bayliss:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement