Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

decisions wrote: »
    Buying the phone off a certain someone I hope ;)
    peekachoo wrote: »
    Selling a brand new iphone 5C for 400 quid and all ;)

Yeah, Vodaphone :p

Its a samsung something or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Hugsie, your attempt to stay off boards by banning yourself from the other forum was a complete fail. :p

So does this mean we can slag her all we like there?:P

Hugsie, your attempt to stay off boards by banning yourself from the other forum was a complete fail. :p

No..................SHUT UP

IT TOTALLY WORKED
    >.>
    <.<

I love how the lot of yee ended up here, If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed :D:p

So does this mean we can slag her all we like there?:P

Like yee havent been already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So much LC banter...what has happened to my dearest C&H!!

:P

• Advertisement

So much LC banter...what has happened to my dearest C&H!!

:P

There aint no LCer here

Well Peeks.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I love how the lot of yee ended up here, If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed :D:p

Hey, I've been here for years. Even got nominated for a jizzler once :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Hey, I've been here for years. Even got nominated for a jizzler once :P

A jizzler and four blowies.

sluh.

peekachoo wrote: »
    A jizzler and four blowies.

sluh.

DAMN IT PEEKS

I was about to make that joke :p

Mission for next yr, win a jizzler to go with all my blowies ;)

• Advertisement

Whats the point of a blowie if you don't get a jizzler after?

I'm sorry :(

Whats the point of a blowie if you don't get a jizzler after?

I'm sorry :(
    Exactly :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

HugsiePie wrote: »
    unless youd rather I slip one in :pac:

Oooh matron! :pac:

Shur decisions you might win one this year if you're lucky... and if you bribe me...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oooh matron! :pac:

Shur decisions you might win one this year if you're lucky... and if you bribe me...

Unless best blow in is a category I doubt it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

On train, rolling out of Dublin and homeward bound for Christmas.

Yippee ki yay mothaf*ckas!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

On the train home for the weekend. I need this so much it's not even funny

Maths assignment finally done and CS exam not failed.

Today is a good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Finished exams and absolutely loving life! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

It not seem like much but today i got the highest percentage (80) in my class for a project we had to do, which was a site investigation, i've never been one to achieve much, or get any high marks so it's my little victory for today :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Every victory is to be celebrated!

I had a lovely evening with my boyfriend, and now I've decided to teach myself sock knitting.

• Advertisement

Wow, I am drunk...Hoorraayyyy for life and such!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Edinburgh was class. I WANT TO GO AWAY AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Finally logged into my Eircom account to check my broadband. I dont know when(prolly during the new contract) but were getting unlimited download. Think this is the second best christmas present eircom could give me. the best would be speed if i could just play a youtube video without pausing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think my interview went reasonably well... and apparently I'm in the last 5 for it... :)

Granted this is going to make the fall when I don't get it much harder, but meh, that's 4 days from now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I think my interview went reasonably well... and apparently I'm in the last 5 for it... :)

Granted this is going to make the fall when I don't get it much harder, but meh, that's 4 days from now! :pac:

What sort of stuff were you interviewing for, out of curiosity? I'm not after the company name, I'm just curious to see what kinds of things you'd be doing - assuming it was an interview for a work placement/internship. If not, feel free to ignore :P I need some relevant "Woo, internship" chat and my classmates have heard enough of it from me already :pac:

Robby91 wrote: »
    What sort of stuff were you interviewing for, out of curiosity? I'm not after the company name, I'm just curious to see what kinds of things you'd be doing - assuming it was an interview for a work placement/internship. If not, feel free to ignore :P I need some relevant "Woo, internship" chat and my classmates have heard enough of it from me already :pac:

The job is sort of Java development mixed with QA. Looks like a really cool combination and the company seem like they'd be good to work for.

I'm still waiting on a response from a crowd I interviewed with about two weeks ago (not holding my breath that I'll actually be offered that one at this stage tbh) for like a mobile security company that like works to keep networks secure and kill spammers and stuff.

The job is sort of Java development mixed with QA. Looks like a really cool combination and the company seem like they'd be good to work for.

I'm still waiting on a response from a crowd I interviewed with about two weeks ago (not holding my breath that I'll actually be offered that one at this stage tbh) for like a mobile security company that like works to keep networks secure and kill spammers and stuff.

Ah, cool - I'll be working with Java, PHP and (after a while) C which should be interesting, although I've barely looked at C beyond tinkering with a few bits here and there. I'm not sure how much I'll be involved in QA (aside from whatever is necessary in ensuring that my work is acceptable for that cycle), but I think it'll be enjoyable nonetheless.

They've been waiting 2 weeks to get back to you? Has that been the norm? Aside from one company (who waited a bit over two weeks), I think most companies have gotten back to our class within a week. It seems a bit strange (to me) that the timeframe from interview to offer varies so much, but I guess different companies handle their internships in different ways :\

EDIT: Ah, I kinda misinterpreted what you were saying about that second company. While I wouldn't be willing to bet money on it, I wouldn't count it out entirely.

At any rate, best of luck with the two potential jobs (and any future ones that arise)

Ah, cool - I'll be working with Java, PHP and (after a while) C which should be interesting, although I've barely looked at C beyond tinkering with a few bits here and there. I'm not sure how much I'll be involved in QA (aside from whatever is necessary in ensuring that my work is acceptable for that cycle), but I think it'll be enjoyable nonetheless.

I like what little QA I've done in the past. We tested a website in 2nd year and it was really interesting stuff, so I'd kinda be interested in doing more of it. (heh, just realising that this is the beginning of the answer I gave in interview when asked about QA... :P)
    EDIT: Ah, I kinda misinterpreted what you were saying about that second company. While I wouldn't be willing to bet money on it, I wouldn't count it out entirely.

At any rate, best of luck with the two potential jobs (and any future ones that arise)

Cheers. I wouldn't bet Monopoly money on it tbh. They were supposed to be back to me within like 5 days, it's now been two and a half weeks. They told the coop office last week that they were still interviewing people or something, so I dunno, doesn't look too promising even though I thought the face-to-face interview went fairly well...

I like what little QA I've done in the past. We tested a website in 2nd year and it was really interesting stuff, so I'd kinda be interested in doing more of it. (heh, just realising that this is the beginning of the answer I gave in interview when asked about QA... :P)

We haven't really done any 'formal' QA yet (in the area of testing, at least) which is a bit annoying. We've covered some of the theory behind it, but I'd really like to actually put said theory into practice and see how things are done etc.

• Advertisement

We haven't really done any 'formal' QA yet (in the area of testing, at least) which is a bit annoying. We've covered some of the theory behind it, but I'd really like to actually put said theory into practice and see how things are done etc.

Oh the theory is boring as sh*te compared to actually doing it IMO. Like, you can read about Black box testing and all that sh*t, but actually testing a product and writing up bug reports for it is oddly satisfying.

Advertisement