Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Frick, I just realised that this is my last summer before I have to face the big bad world that exists outside of college.
    This has come about far too quickly.

Reality is terrifying :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm going to be twenty in two and a half months...

This literally just dawned on me now...

What the fúck?

Quarter life crisis beginning...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

SChique00 wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear this - don't know ya personally but I can relate to your feeling helpless right now :( just be there for your sister when she wants to talk and remember that you're not alone, there are always people here to listen and help :) thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks :) it's just been going on so long and it gets so frustrating not being able to help! And the doctors are doing barely anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Ennis, y u so boring? Spending 4 months a big city did me no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

People are moving out of the student accomodation place now and tomorrow :( Like I know loadsa people are still staying down next week which is grand but gonna miss loadsa people so much :(
    Not gonna be the same when everyone isn't in the same place next year :'( Made so many fwends.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

People are moving out of the student accomodation place now and tomorrow :( Like I know loadsa people are still staying down next week which is grand but gonna miss loadsa people so much :(
    Not gonna be the same when everyone isn't in the same place next year :'( Made so many fwends.

:(

One of my housemates is buggering off back to the US on Tuesday morning, another on Thursday night. Damn study abroad people coming over here for a semester and being absolute legends and then fúcking off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I think I'm going to miss my Geography field trip study thing. I'm really really screwed aren't I??:( ARRRRGH I don't know what to do!!! :mad:

What's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

As soon as I sat down to start studying I knew I wasn't going to get anything done.

God, I'd love a nap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Want to cry - work experience is just over a week away and I have nothing sorted: so far I've tried 4 newspapers, the Garda barracks, the courthouse, a solicitors, a couple of shops, and a flower shop today. What really annoys me is when the places don't respond - you spend all the time and effort perfecting your CV and writing a prefect cover letter practically begging for a placement, and they don't even have the decency to send you a rejection email/letter. It's so disheartening, and it's not like I'm looking for a job - all they'd have to do would be accommodate me for the week, and they would be getting free flipping labour, for crying out loud!

I'm severely stressed, and on top of it all, I got braces in today :(

Want to cry - work experience is just over a week away and I have nothing sorted: so far I've tried 4 newspapers, the Garda barracks, the courthouse, a solicitors, a couple of shops, and a flower shop today. What really annoys me is when the places don't respond - you spend all the time and effort perfecting your CV and writing a prefect cover letter practically begging for a placement, and they don't even have the decency to send you a rejection email/letter. It's so disheartening, and it's not like I'm looking for a job - all they'd have to do would be accommodate me for the week, and they would be getting free flipping labour, for crying out loud!

I'm severely stressed, and on top of it all, I got braces in today :(

Have you tried any charity shops/organisations in the area? I'm sure they would be extremely grateful to have a helping hand for a week, if they're eligible to give you work experience.

• Advertisement

Have you tried any charity shops/organisations in the area? I'm sure they would be extremely grateful to have a helping hand for a week, if they're eligible to give you work experience.

I read something in the letter from our coordinator that the placement has to be done within an business/company that employs staff - in other words, not voluntary :rolleyes:
    I'd gladly work in the SVP shop/local Simon Community office, but I don't know if this would be accepted by my school.

I don't understand the point of doing work experience in this year - I know I'm not alone in saying that I haven't the faintest notion of what I want to do with the rest of my life, and working in a chemist's and a primary school hasn't brought me any further to making a decision about my future career. Also, schools don't seem to realise the difficulty and pressure that comes with securing a placement - unless your parents are extremely well connected, pretty well every possible place slams the door in your face. Myself and my mother have been trying for the last 4 weeks to find work, with no success. :mad:

I'll work anywhere at this rate :(

I read something in the letter from our coordinator that the placement has to be done within an business/company that employs staff - in other words, not voluntary :rolleyes:
    I'd gladly work in the SVP shop/local Simon Community office, but I don't know if this would be accepted by my school.

Well then, my advice would be to tell them to piss off. Experience is experience, just because it's voluntary work, it's still work, and shouldn't be looked down upon. Even better if voluntary work is something you're motivated to do by interest, rather than money, as it shows you've got iniative.

Seems like a big deal now, but so much of school is utterly worthless, especially this type bureaucratic limitation on what is and isn't experience, what is and isn't useful, what is and isn't a real subject/ goal in life. Don't feel bad if you don't get a placement, because it's only down to sad self-important grown-ups getting you to jump through hoops. In fact, there's your work experience right there!

BURN DE SCHOOWEL
    BURN IT DAWN TO DA GWOUND

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

I don't understand the point of doing work experience in this year - I know I'm not alone in saying that I haven't the faintest notion of what I want to do with the rest of my life, and working in a chemist's and a primary school hasn't brought me any further to making a decision about my future career.

I personally thought doing Work Experience was one of the best and rewarding parts of TY.

I personally thought doing Work Experience was one of the best and rewarding parts of TY.

You would, ya n00b - you got really cool work placements :o

I liked my first two placements but it was easy enough to get them - I don't know why I'm having so much trouble now...

Regional newspaper editors have no manners whatsoever :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

You would, ya n00b - you got really cool work placements :o

I liked my first two placements but it was easy enough to get them - I don't know why I'm having so much trouble now...

Regional newspaper editors have no manners whatsoever :P
    To be perfectly honest, you did leave it a bit late like :/
    I had all of mine sorted back in like october/november :L

Indiego wrote: »
    To be perfectly honest, you did leave it a bit late like :/
    I had all of mine sorted back in like october/november :L

Yeah but where did you end up going? And do you not do work experience for one day a week or something? :L

I've been looking for at least the last month with no success - I left it later with the last two placements and got those with no problems :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Yeah but where did you end up going? And do you not do work experience for one day a week or something? :L

I've been looking for at least the last month with no success - I left it later with the last two placements and got those with no problems :pac:
    I did 3, two for one wednesday a week for 10 weeks (fecking hard to find places :L :L) and one for a full week :L
    I went to the Natural History Museum, Amgen (Pharmaceutical chemistry lab)(full week) and the local primary school (ran out of cool ones... :L)

So I started posting in The Late Late Show thread... why did I choose to do this the night before an exam? I've spent the last two hours watching that shíte just for the lulz!

(on the upside, I genuinely LOL'd* a few times)

*I put the "'d" at the end here for readability reasons, even though saying "I genuinely LOL a few times" is grammatically correct. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Pre exam melt down consists of me getting my A4 pad and ripping it into a billion tiny confetti pieces and snapping my pen in half... uh oh... At least my boyfriends bedroom is now covered in confetti... he'll have a lovely surprise when he gets back... :pac:

Dang, I hate lonliness, but it's always so self-inflicted, because I never act quick enough, then rue it later like a tool.

Makes music better though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

At the bus station two hours early.. Attempting to befriend someone to keep me company.

So my complacency over this next exam because I already have ~35% meant I did no study yesterday even though I had a totally free day...

*sigh*

If I'd studied I could have gotten a badly needed high grade. :(

Dang, I hate lonliness, but it's always so self-inflicted, because I never act quick enough, then rue it later like a tool.

Makes music better though.

^ sounds like my life tbh. By this stage music is so awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Have to go to the doctor or I can't get into 3rd year. Thought I'd just be let repeat the exam I skipped in August but apparently not. I have a horrible fear of doctors even when there's something wrong with me never mind when I have to tell them I'm stressed and stuff :/ I'm crap at talking bout that sorta thing. I'm so scared...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Pre exam melt down consists of me getting my A4 pad and ripping it into a billion tiny confetti pieces and snapping my pen in half... uh oh... At least my boyfriends bedroom is now covered in confetti... he'll have a lovely surprise when he gets back... :pac:

Oh lordy...he's gonna love that:pac: I'm currently studying all the social and developmental perspectives...so much of it to get through :/ The developmental lecturer gave us loads of external links and stuff though to help us...might make it a tad more manageable!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Manage to celebrate and go out with everyone who finishes exams yet can't manage to actually study for my own last exam....

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Well today has been kinda crummy. I dropped one of my camera lenses, it didn't break thankfully but I think the focus is messed up a bit on it now.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    sounds like my life tbh. By this stage music is so awesome though.

I've been playing augmented chords on guitar all day. The most lonely chords known to man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Moved out of the college house I've been in for the last 2 years last night :( Only got back home with all my stuff at about 2am, now I'm at work and have to go unpack all my random possessions later...urghhh.

Also work forgot to pay the majority of my wages last week, and gave me no extra days this week, they bombarded me with hours during my exams and now I'm finished I get nothing?! Grrr. Kind of glad of that this week as I'm flying on Wednesday and have so much stuff to do/sleep to get before then...but it'll be pretty annoying if this is how they carry on all summer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Lost three friendships down here, worst part is, I cba trying to fix em. Its gone too far, the friendship is dead and I don't even care anymore about trying to fix it. I'm wondering if I should feel bad over it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Think this is the first exam I've had in college where I'm worried about not getting an A. Better than worrying about failing it but still, stresssss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement