Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

+100000 to that. Group projects *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Indiego wrote: »
    I knew that already, I just kind of expected my best friend to be a bit more understanding :(
    I tend to prefer doing most of the work tbh, I never do trust anyone to do work in group projects properly, but the reason I chose her to do the project with is because she usually does projects well! :L

Feeling your pain, Leia - HATE group projects, because you KNOW nobody can pull the project together as well as you, and in the end you end up doing the whole thing but everyone gets praised in equal measure. Has happened me with CSPE, French, Geography, English etc. but I'd rather get some credit than get punished for sitting back and letting the project turn out a shambles...

I love individual work *loner* and don't like working in teams because I just KNOW I'm gonna be left with the biggest workload. The way I see it, the only person you can trust is yourself. And NEVER work with your friends unless you can trust them with your life. I know the consequences this can bring... :pac: I only ever work with my best friend because she works as hard as I do ;)

Hope you feel better soon - would you not try and get some sleep and then tackle this sh!t when you wake up? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

SChique00 wrote: »
    Feeling your pain, Leia - HATE group projects, because you KNOW nobody can pull the project together as well as you, and in the end you end up doing the whole thing but everyone gets praised in equal measure. Has happened me with CSPE, French, Geography, English etc. but I'd rather get some credit than get punished for sitting back and letting the project turn out a shambles...

I love individual work *loner* and don't like working in teams because I just KNOW I'm gonna be left with the biggest workload. The way I see it, the only person you can trust is yourself. And NEVER work with your friends unless you can trust them with your life. I know the consequences this can bring... :pac: I only ever work with my best friend because she works as hard as I do ;)

Hope you feel better soon - would you not try and get some sleep and then tackle this sh!t when you wake up? :o
    I agree completely :L

See I worked with my friend on this cos she usually does nearly more work than I would, but for some reason shes being a bitch about this one -_-

I would go to sleep if I could, but I cant because I have a splitting headache XD I such at being sick :L

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Don't worry.... once you get to third level, it gets sooo much better.....

oh wait.... :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Don't worry.... once you get to third level, it gets sooo much better.....
    oh wait.... :\

Except instead of it just being for a teacher to look at, its worth 50% of one of your bigger modules in a year that contributes towards your final degree. Great /o\

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Except instead of it just being for a teacher to look at, its worth 50% of one of your bigger modules in a year that contributes towards your final degree. Great /o\

Or in the case of my 25% project last year where one of the guys never showed up, and one was researching new courses while we were doing the project because he'd decided to drop out. :\:\

Argh, need to start working! A fúck ton of diagrams to have drawn by tomorrow and I'm not even sure if the ones I've done are right. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Why do I leave an assignment until the day before??? (when I've known about it for the past 8 weeks!)
    Especially when people tell you it's a hard one! Been working on it for the last 5 and a half hours. Don't understand half the ****e I'm putting down. Bleh.

Just had a cheese toastie - they always make a bad situation seem better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Almost finished third year- good time to lose all your interest in college. If only I had some sort of zany scheme involving a robot version of myself which could go to college for me and do my work, be taught to feel emotion by Zooey Deschanel or something, and in doing so teach my human self some important lessons about friendship and how to be yourself with all your quirks and what have you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

That sounds rough alright dude, that's what I hate about group work... Idiots.... Anyway don't work too hard, :)

• Advertisement

Procrastination me old buddy! How've you been? Jaysus it must be what? Four months since we last got a chance to meet up properly? Pull up a chair there by the fire and get comfy! It's been too long man, too long.

Right, fúck it. This is a waste of time, sleepy time. Will hit this crap hard in the morning and try and power through. :\:\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Just got caught Facebook stalking...

No! That's not even true, it just looked like that! See, a while back I sent someone a link to a kinda funny video and I just remembered it, so I was going to find it from that girl's facebook page. Before I did that I stood up to get a lump of chocolate. And then my housemate (the girl's best friend) walked in and immediately saw her facebook open. "Creeping, are we?! :P"

"No I'm..."

BLANK! Completely forgot why I was on her page! I was just standing there like an eejit..

poker%20face%20thick.png

My brain is such an asshole..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I'm not sure if I'm very happy or very unhappy with my life right now. I know it's one or the other but I'm not quite sure which.

Just got caught Facebook stalking...

No! That's not even true, it just looked like that! See, a while back I sent someone a link to a kinda funny video and I just remembered it, so I was going to find it from that girl's facebook page. Before I did that I stood up to get a lump of chocolate. And then my housemate (the girl's best friend) walked in and immediately saw her facebook open. "Creeping, are we?! :P"

"No I'm..."

BLANK! Completely forgot why I was on her page! I was just standing there like an eejit..

poker%20face%20thick.png

My brain is such an asshole..

Did you at least find the video? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Did you at least find the video? :P

She watched wrestling when she was a kid :')

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Have a test at 2pm that I didnt know about let alone study for... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

deise_girl wrote: »
    Have a test at 2pm that I didnt know about let alone study for... :(

I know that feeling good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I don't like the way things are going. I know this won't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

The stress of not having a phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The stress of not having a phone :(

Last time I didnt have a phone I didnt miss anything anyway
    sad-forever-alone-face-only.png

• Advertisement

Last time I didnt have a phone I didnt miss anything anyway
    sad-forever-alone-face-only.png

I might be, but I'll never know now :( Stupid drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I might be, but I'll never know now :( Stupid drink!

How did drink put it in a river :/

How did drink put it in a river :/

Stupid me for drinking stupid drink and for putting my phone down while I was fixing my shoe in the most stupid place ever! C'est le vie/be grand etc

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Detention on Saturday morning. Great. Just fcuking great.

The gimps of my year (who sadly are of the majority) pissed me off BIG TIME today. :mad:

So basically there's this bagpacking day being organised for the LSPCA on Friday, and our teacher organising it talked really passionately for a solid 15 minutes about dogs been thrown into pounds unnecessarily, and ponies getting tied to poles and beaten with sticks by scumbaggies, and cats been thrown into bonfires, etc. etc. really tragic sh!t. And then she asks if anyone would be interested in bagpacking for a couple of hours in the morning or the afternoon - a COUPLE of HOURS of their WHOLE LIVES. I am sickened to say I was almost alone in raising my hand.

These people cry over and share Kony 2012 (which is doubtless a worthy cause, but very well marketed by its American advocates) but when it comes to actually doing something worthwhile to make a little bit of difference, they don't want to get their hands dirty. :mad: :rolleyes:

Not blowing my own trumpet here and sounding like the ultimate do-gooder - very far from it! - but I volunteered to do a couple of hours in the morning because I knew I would be volunteering for Daffodil Day from 2 o'clock... and these people can't even give 3 hours of their school day (which in TY means watching videos and sitting in class messing) - I mean, even if they didn't want to seem over-enthuasiastic, they could've thought of it as a couple of hours off :confused:

Can't understand their materialistic mentality (i.e. take take take and not give anything back) ... I weep for society's future. :eek: :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I know how you feel SChique, we were bagpacking for SVP before Christmas and loads of people didn't show up but I was able to find others to fill in.

Bag packing is so boring though, I did 8 hours of it in the two days before Christmas and I was crying by the end :pac:

I know how you feel SChique, we were bagpacking for SVP before Christmas and loads of people didn't show up but I was able to find others to fill in.

Bag packing is so boring though, I did 8 hours of it in the two days before Christmas and I was crying by the end :pac:

Cakes! I saw you in town today :p

Well 8 hours in the Christmas rush sounds like torture, but this is 3 hours in Tesco - it's not like they have to pay to go, and it's like 3 hours out of school :o can't understand why most people didn't jump at that opportunity! :confused: But we'll see if anyone changes their minds - the forms have to be in for tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Can't understand their materialistic mentality (i.e. take take take and not give anything back) ... I weep for society's future. :eek: :mad: :(
    I'm pretty sure society has been that way for ages, and probably always will.

/optimist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Cakes! I saw you in town today :p

Well 8 hours in the Christmas rush sounds like torture, but this is 3 hours in Tesco - it's not like they have to pay to go, and it's like 3 hours out of school :o can't understand why most people didn't jump at that opportunity! :confused: But we'll see if anyone changes their minds - the forms have to be in for tomorrow...

Where? :pac:

I wasn't in uniform cos I was at a triathlon :P

Yeh, it was hell, and when I wasn't bag packing I was doing other SVP stuff so I was wrecked after the week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Detention on Saturday morning. Great. Just fcuking great.

Unless you're going to be in on Saturday morning anyway, you should tell your the person in charge of detention that you have some sort of sports team to attend to (if you're not sporty looking, say something like racquetball or archery) and you're unable to do it on any Saturday. That is unless every other day is far more awkward than Saturday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement