Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Where? :pac:

I wasn't in uniform cos I was at a triathlon :P

Yeh, it was hell, and when I wasn't bag packing I was doing other SVP stuff so I was wrecked after the week!

Yeah a few peeps from school were at that today - you were walking up the street across from the library but I didn't call out cos I wasn't certain if it was you :pac:

I'd say that - Daffodil Day tires me out but people are always v. generous :D Well I can only speak for my class - hopefully there's a few people in the other classes who want to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Think I've a bit of athlete's foot. At least people might think I'm athletic. :(

jumpguy wrote: »
    Think I've a bit of athlete's foot. At least people might think I'm athletic. :(

Ew I had that - it's quite manky *shudders* - yeah, it sounds good if people don't know what it is :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

SChique00 wrote: »
    Yeah a few peeps from school were at that today - you were walking up the street across from the library but I didn't call out cos I wasn't certain if it was you :pac:

I'd say that - Daffodil Day tires me out but people are always v. generous :D Well I can only speak for my class - hopefully there's a few people in the other classes who want to help :)

Yeh that was me :pac:

I'm doing Daffodil day too :P I don't know if we're doing it in school but I'm definitely doing it Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

So in my third year looking for a job, I finally got offered an unpaid trial last Saturday. So I was like this: :D and all happy. It was in a hotel waitressing and it was really busy cos people were out for St. Patrick's day. I don't think I done that well though I didn't know where some things were and I made a few mistakes and that. I haven't heard any word back from them yet either. But I've heard that they take people in on unpaid trials during busy days so they can have free staff and don't contact them again so the signs aren't good. :(

I guess I'll just persevere on, at least I can put some waitressing down on my C.V. now instead of always saying I have no experience.

• Advertisement

Yeh that was me :pac:

I'm doing Daffodil day too :P I don't know if we're doing it in school but I'm definitely doing it Friday evening.

Yuss I knew it :p Which part of the triathlon yoke did you do? Or did you do all three? :eek:

Deadly :) I always see people from your school round the town collecting for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Yuss I knew it :p Which part of the triathlon yoke did you do? Or did you do all three? :eek:

Deadly :) I always see people from your school round the town collecting for it :pac:

I didn't do any of it :P I got to go as TY Photographer.

Aaaaargh: My little brother is annoying.

I didn't do any of it :P I got to go as TY Photographer.

Aaaaargh: My little brother is annoying.

Snazzyyyy :cool:
    I wanted to do it but I didn't think I'd be good enough for it - I'd be too lazy to train properly :P

Tell me about it :pac:

Aaaaargh: My friend was supposed to email me the titles for out portfolio and I keep refreshing my inbox but they're NOT THERE. Bricks shall be shat soon ...

Oh yeah Cakes, before I forget - I'm going to Paris next week and I need a new camera - how many megapixels is good? I'll probably want to print the pics at some stage, and they'll be going online :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Achtung!

Really wanted to go out tonight...

• Advertisement

Achtung! wrote: »
    Really wanted to go out tonight...

I really wanted to go to bed tonight - not gonna be happening ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Oh yeah Cakes, before I forget - I'm going to Paris next week and I need a new camera - how many megapixels is good? I'll probably want to print the pics at some stage, and they'll be going online :)

I think 8 is definitely more than adequate unless you're planning on blowing them up to some massive size.... I think I was told when I was getting mine that 4 or 5 was enough....

...arrrgh... Just cos.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

New camera? Budget? Compact?
    Megapixels isnt the be all/end all.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Unless you're going to be in on Saturday morning anyway, you should tell your the person in charge of detention that you have some sort of sports team to attend to (if you're not sporty looking, say something like racquetball or archery) and you're unable to do it on any Saturday. That is unless every other day is far more awkward than Saturday.

Meh, may as well get it over and done with now, it's only like 2 hours (I think), thanks for the words of wisdom though:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Head is absoultely killllllling me.

OMG FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

I will never learn to start an assignment before the day before it is due. I still haven't started. Must. Start. Now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I am not getting all this done on time. No way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just looked at my subpoints for the first time in like ever and I just realised the last 2 times I went to Kilkenny subway even though they took my card and supposedly swiped it, it never went through and I didnt get my points.. I wouldnt have gotten that many points but still they add up.. Quite pissed off now, although thats also due to my stomach, but thats just an exhausted rant at this point..

New camera? Budget? Compact?
    Megapixels isnt the be all/end all.

I've had my 'aul Lumix 9mp for about 5 years now, and it's playing up big time - every time I take a picture it turns itself off, and the quality isn't great no matter what way I configure the settings :rolleyes:
    I was looking at the Samsung range of compacts - the specs look good and they're reasonably priced. What I'm looking for is a nifty wee compact, under 100 euro, user-friendly but allowing me to adjust the settings (particularly ISO and shutter speed adjustment, for light painting :D but that's probably not possible in a budget compact XP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I've had my 'aul Lumix 9mp for about 5 years now, and it's playing up big time - every time I take a picture it turns itself off, and the quality isn't great no matter what way I configure the settings :rolleyes:
    I was looking at the Samsung range of compacts - the specs look good and they're reasonably priced. What I'm looking for is a nifty wee compact, under 100 euro, user-friendly but allowing me to adjust the settings (particularly ISO and shutter speed adjustment, for light painting :D but that's probably not possible in a budget compact XP)
    Well whatever you do don't get the Samsung pl120.. I got it for Christmas and it sucks, 'cos there's no auto stabiliser, so all the pictures come out like I was drunk when I took them or something -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I think my headset's starting to **** up... I really don't want to have to get a new one (considering my old one held up for a few years) after only a year or so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

...And another evening where me and my dad won't talk :/

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Leftyflip wrote: »
    ...And another evening where me and my dad won't talk :/

Snap with my mother, big drama queen!

Indiego wrote: »
    Well whatever you do don't get the Samsung pl120.. I got it for Christmas and it sucks, 'cos there's no auto stabiliser, so all the pictures come out like I was drunk when I took them or something -_-

Lol funny you should mention that exact model - I'm looking at it on Argos :pac: Looking at the ES9 - thoughts, tech buddies? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Lol funny you should mention that exact model - I'm looking at it on Argos :pac: Looking at the ES9 - thoughts, tech buddies? :)
    Seriously, dont get it :L The front screen might seem awesome but its wasted on such a ****ty camera :L
    Its ok if you taking pictures of inanimate objects, but if its alive your screwed :L

Indiego wrote: »
    Seriously, dont get it :L The front screen might seem awesome but its wasted on such a ****ty camera :L
    Its ok if you taking pictures of inanimate objects, but if its alive your screwed :L

I won't, don't worry ;) but yeah, that front screen did look pretty cool :o

And I really badly need a hoodie for going away too - what're some good brands, lads? Don't laugh - I'm not in the habit of wearing any hoodies other than Adidas ones, but I want a non-sports hoodie :) and I'm NOT talking about A+F - something reasonably priced, puhlease :P

BAHAHA when I went to write hoodie my fingers typed "doobie" trolololol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

734743.jpg

You'd never need another P&S again.

marko93 wrote: »
    734743.jpg

You'd never need another P&S again.

Looks amazing, but wayyyy outta my price range :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aod113

My point and shoot camera was stolen during the summer. I have an slr but tbh I find the camera on the iphone perfect when taking impromptu shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I won't, don't worry ;) but yeah, that front screen did look pretty cool :o

And I really badly need a hoodie for going away too - what're some good brands, lads? Don't laugh - I'm not in the habit of wearing any hoodies other than Adidas ones, but I want a non-sports hoodie :) and I'm NOT talking about A+F - something reasonably priced, puhlease :P

BAHAHA when I went to write hoodie my fingers typed "doobie" trolololol :pac:

Penneys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement